Chapter 7: Improving The Team’s Bloodline Limits
335 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I understand, Sakura Haruno." After getting the explanation he deserved, Kurama's eyes narrowed.

"You want to get them ready for the Fifth Great Ninja War by increasing their potentials. A simple plan if you are able to keep your existence a secret... but an ultimately flawed plan regardless."

"What makes you say that?"

"Experience... I've seen too many stupid humans like you. Those who try to take the world's fate into their hands, and in the end found that they were manipulated by that very fate they opposed." The old fox seemed to be reminiscing, then continued:

"Madara wanted great power, Obito wanted a world without suffering, and Sasuke Uchiha desired nothing more than vengeance. All of them willing to throw away they'd bonds for a higher purpose."

"..." She silently contemplated at his words.

"Will you try to manipulate them as well?" The old fox chuckled. It was funny to see her like this.

"Are you going to try changing the world alone? The same way as those of the Uchiha?" This question struck her deeply. However, Sakura was stubborn about her beliefs, she turned her head away meaningfully.

"Fine. You don't want to listen to reason, but just be clear that once you cross the line, Naruto will be your opponent!" Kurama laughed. He realised that the kid Naruto would probably need his guidance.

"Enough of this meaningless talk. Right now, can you send some rage-infused Chakra towards me?"

"Why would you want that? It's useless to try to control my Chakra without allowing me to mould it first."

"Don't worry. I have a reason for this." Sakura spoke. She allowed her hand to touch the claw of the Nine Tailed Fox, the hateful chakra that was being sent to her formed into a seal the shape of a red Spades symbol.

"What is that so-called 'Bloodline Seal'? You've told me about their effects, but what is the point of a seal infused with my hate? Are you planning to become a mindless killing machine?"

"Don't look down on me. It's called the 'Strength of a Berserker Seal', and is something I created to improve the power of Bloodline Limits like the Sharingan." She brushed him off with a short explanation before waving her hand. 

Out of the darkness behind her appeared a youth with a groggy look. He woke from a good dream.

"Dammit, Sakura! You have to give me a warning before you do something like that, ya know?"

"Okay okay, can't you see that we have company?"

Naruto noticed the giant fox beside her and felt his legs going numb... but his will to protect Sakura let him get over his fears. He straightened his back at the 'tenant' that had been living in his body.

Ever since the day he was born…

"Naruto Uzumaki, after having talked to your little friend over here, I've decided to help you out."

"Seriously?!" He couldn't believe the same Tailed Beast, who tried to destroy the village once, was now willing to 'help him' out of nowhere. It was more than a little suspicious this sly fox did that.

"Don't think too much." Kurama waved off his worried look, then spoke more freely to him:

"What happened back then was a lot more complicated than you imagine, but I'll tell you now: Even though I'm willing to share Chakra with you, I'll do it at my own convenience." This sounded a lot less suspicious considering the circumstances.

"Does that mean we're friends?!" Stars seemed to appear in Naruto's eyes. His initial fear swept away.

"...Sure." Kurama felt speechless at his response.

"Since you both are willing to form a mutually beneficial relationship, let's seal the deal with a Bloodline Seal."

"What's that...?" Naruto asked in confusion.

"Both of you send your Chakra to me and I'll show you." She put away the red Spades Seal (♠️) she recently created and stretched out her hand towards them. Using her own type of Fūinjutsu.

The duo, Kurama and Naruto, eventually came to agree and sent their chakra towards her, allowing her to form two distinct Bloodline Seals the shape of Clubs (♣️), one black while other red.

But even as she did so, she secretly created another Spades Seal (which was coloured black this time). Her eyes hid her intentions well. She'd taken a sample of both their unique chakras.

She only showed the two 'Strength of a Beast Seal' chakra markings she created from their Chakra.

Keeping the second set of Spades Seals to herself.

"You can now apply it to yourself." She took the black Clubs Seal she made from Naruto's chakra and gave it to Kurama. The knucklehead got his own chakra marking from the nine tailed fox.

Each of them gained a 'Strength of a Beast Seal' she created, which had a particular power.

The giant fox didn't say anything else. He put the Clubs Seal onto his shoulder, allowing him to create a bond much more intimate than that of a Jinchuriki's Tailed Beast. Creating a new path.

Kurama had already heard Sakura's explanation about how he was essentially a large mass sentient Chakra, and how applying this particular Seal on himself would allow him to become intrinsic to the Uzumaki Bloodline within Naruto.

Having this Seal on him would essentially turn him into a Bloodline Limit like the Byakugan, making it so he'd even be able to be 'passed down' to Himawari and Boruto once they are born in the future. Transcending the 'cage' he was residing in.

Kurama was willing to sacrifice some of his freedom to become a Bloodline Limit. 

After all, the Fifth Great Ninja War was something even the Naruto of the original timeline had difficulties in. It was the bond he formed with the original Naruto that allowed him to casually make this choice.  Without the slightest hesitation.

"What's this?" Naruto asked in confusion.

Sakura handed him a red Clubs Seal. 

It had been infused with the bottomless pit of rage within Kurama's heart, and even with the Nine Tailed Fox's efforts, the Seal still looked a little evil from how it was still made of red chakra.

"Apply this on your arm, and you'll be able to become an existence similar to a Tailed Beast." An effect clearly different from the one she gave Kurama, but one that had similar origins.

"The reason this is called the 'Strength of a Beast Seal' is because it will allow you to be able to add your sentience to your chakra, allowing you better control over it." Sakura gave an explanation. This was an effect she derived from Kurama's chakra.

"So I get better chakra control if I put this on?"

"Yeah."

"This is too much for me." Naruto refused. It was too unbelievable. He continued with a frown:

"How do you even know how to create this? Believe it, you won't fool me!" Although Naruto wasn't knowledgable in Fūinjutsu, there was no way he wouldn't be suspicious at this situation.

Especially if someone who supposedly didn't come from a great Clan started showing off techniques he hadn't even seen before. He started to wonder what she was up to. What was she thinking…?

How could she be so calm in front of that fox?

Why did she accept him after seeing his beast?

Happy as he may be, Naruto wasn't such a fool that he'd be tricked by such nonsensical lies.

This made Sakura sigh.

"Actually..." She paused, causing Kurama to lift a brow. Facepalming when Sakura continued:

"I have a secret Mentor who is super strong!" She lied through her teeth without even blushing.

'Will he fall for that?' The Nine Tails thought in amusement, expecting her to be interrogated.

This Bloodline Seal was obviously tailor made for Jinchuriki specifically. A normal person would suspect her words no matter which angle you looked at it. Who would be able use a Sealing Technique this incredible? Who could teach it?

"Really?! You have to introduce me to your Mentor as well, ya know! Introduce me~!!!" Naruto not only fully fell for it, but he was stubborn on wanting to get this person to teach him a few tricks! 

He could become the Hokage quicker with such a Mentor!

"Only ATTER you meet my standards… Have you mastered the Wind Release?" She changed the topic after seeing him apply the Seal to his arm swiftly. Only she knew that the actual reason she created this kind of Seal for him was…

…to improve his survival rate. It was so he wouldn't die in the Fourth Great Ninja War again.

At least, if she fails to stop it from happening again.

"Already done! But what's the point of being able to turn Chakra into air? It doesn't seem useful even with the Wind Clone Detonation Jutsu." He seemed a bit disappointed. The effort he put into mastering it seemed to only reward him with just a gimmick.

"You'll find out the true wonders of Wind Release later on. Now that you have my Seal, the only thing I want you to train before we're called back to the Academy… is how use your Chakra to increase your strength and speed." Sakura started thinking back.

To when Naruto was able to use this method of focusing chakra into specific body parts.

His future self had already mastered the basic skill of 'Chakra Enhancement' far beyond her. Able to focus all of Kurama's vast chakra into his fists when brawling, or even his regular 'Kurama Mode' itself.

He didn't realise it yet, but although Naruto wasn't at good as her at micro management, he excelled at using a vast amount of chakra instead. It's to the point that even if Sakura was given the same powers as him, she wouldn't be able to control it.

Sure, she had good Chakra Control, but that was only when it was within the scope of her abilities.

Naruto had the exact opposite talent.

So long as he got a grasp of it once, he'd never need extra training to keep a technique mastered.

Like the time he came up with a solution to forming the Rasengan, and hadn't failed creating it later on.

Or evolved the Rasengan to the Rasenshuriken.

Mastering stuff was difficult, but Naruto seemed like a prodigy at refining what he could grasp.

Although she was known for her monstrous strength in the Fourth Great Ninja War after fully forming her Strength of a Hundred Seal, she still couldn't even slightly compare to Naruto.

He was able to annihilate a Tenseigan user by focusing Kurama's power into a single punch...

She felt a little down when realising that even without a Tailed Beast, the knucklehead would have excelled as a ninja. His Uzumaki Bloodline gave him the perfect durability, and he himself was destined to excel in using Chakra Enhancement.

Even better than herself…

Because despite her future memories, she never once was able to reach the level of precision focus Naruto could do when using partial Chakra Enhancement. She could only coat her body with it.

In fact, the more she thought about Naruto's future achievements, the more she felt the difference between the talented and talentless. Naruto was a bag of potential waiting for his masters to unlock.

On the other hand, she just had Genjutsu and being better at micro managing her Chakra.

Even though the Naruto of now looked like he had no talents to the adults of the village, only she and Kurama knew that someone who can master the Rasengan, the pinnacle of Shape Manipulation, in merely a week, was much more monstrous than so-called 'talents' like Neji Hyuga.

'Talent in this world can be overcome by hardships, but it can also be altered as well.' Sakura thought while remembering how Might Gai was almost able to defeat Madara in his strongest form using the Gate of Death. Taking out a god with a mere kick.

Nearly killing him outright.

"I'll watch over your training." Kurama nodded his head. Taking responsibility for Naruto's training.

The Nine Tailed Beast watched Sakura leave this mental space, leaving only him and Naruto to talk. 

The yellow-haired knucklehead, despite his previous words, still felt a little uncomfortable being watched by a giant grumpy fox.

"So... What's your name anyway? I can't keep calling you 'giant fox' now that we're friends."

"My name is... Kurama." The Tailed Beast then stretched out his hand after forming a fist.

"Good luck on your training." The fox smiled at him.

Naruto understood Kurama's gesture. He bumped fists with the person he once had negative feelings towards. Naruto didn't know why, but he felt a strange sense of nostalgia when doing this action...

"I'll get to training then." Naruto could feel his control over the chakra within him was more powerful than it was before, causing him to feel expectations in being able to improve his strength. 

Although he had no training partner, having someone like Kurama, a being made of chakra, to guide him gave him a lot of benefits. Much more than aimlessly trying to improve himself alone.

After all, even though Kurama didn't know Ninjutsu at all, he still had enough control over it to create his own signature technique. As the giant fox thought about this, an idea came into his head as soon as he remembered Sakura's explanation on Naruto's new Seal.

'If he is essentially an underpowered Tailed Beast with the form of a human, then can he learn 'that move'?" A smile formed on his hairy face. He thought of teaching Naruto a technique similar to the Rasengan, but one far more destructive.

Meanwhile, as Kurama was preparing to pass on the signature technique of a Tailed Beast, Sakura had already left to go see the third and final member of Team 7.

The had caused the most trouble overall.

Leaving the village in pursuit of strength, causing the Raikage to lose him arm, and even joining the Akatsuki that had been hunting Naruto. 

Now that Kurama could keep an eye on Naruto and keep him company until she came back, she went to the person who was most likely suffering in the dark without telling anyone...

In the residence where Sasuke lived, a black-haired youth was still training his Throwing Skills even in the darkness of the night. There was a strange ferocity in his movements.

Each Kunai he threw contained killing intent . Even if the target before him being made of wood...

"Sasuke...!" Sakura spoke from the roof of his lonely house, which was located in the Uchiha District. 

It was a place mostly empty after the massacre. 

Even other villagers avoided this place since they were unwilling to live in a place where such 'bad luck' existed.

"What are you doing here?" Unlike Naruto, Sasuke didn't show his surprise. He instead asked coldly due to being in a bad mood. 

The silhouette of his brother in his heart tortured him.

He thought of how he wasn't becoming strong enough to match Itachi. 

Even as a child, his father never seeing his potential due to his brother's genius shadow made him feel as if he'd always be the inferior ninja...

"..." She didn't answer immediately but slowly let herself analyse Sasuke's thoughts more deeply.

The reason he chose to remain in the mostly empty Uchiha District was out of sentiments. Even though everyone had already forgotten them, he wasn't willing to let go of what he had lost... and the hatred that filled his mind whenever he came here.

She could tell the reason he stayed in isolation instead of moving on was… because he was scared of forgetting his hatred. Even though solitude was the worst feeling in the world for him, he chose to remain in the darkness by his own accord. 

This was why he was unable to cut away bonds properly…. despite knowing how it'd benefit his revenge. 

It was a paradoxical mindset. For knew the pain of loss, but still chose vengeance over his own bonds when he chose to leave the village. 

The more she understood his mindset, the more she felt powerless when it came to trying to persuade him. Showing him that the path to a better future and fulfilling his ambitions wasn't by following the path of hatred.

Anything she could say wouldn't be able to get through to him even if he was willing to listen to her words. There was no hope of compromise without first experiencing loss, then being able to look at things beyond his point of view. 

Therefore, she decided to take another path in changing him. One that would be arduous.

If it's power Sasuke wants, then she'll give it to him!

17