Chapter 5
678 13 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Returning to campus on Monday was a trip to be sure. Dozens of evos (‘evolved’ people, as the media had been quick to dub them) were walking along, mingling with regular students, reintroducing themselves to friends.

A few girls looked very off put by the fact that their boyfriends were now girlfriends.

Gwen kept her fingers laced with Fiona’s as they walked across campus.

“I’m here for you, babe,” Fiona reassured her.

“Thanks Fi,” Gwen smiled, giving her hand a squeeze. “You make a semi-radioactive part-godzilla girl know how to feel special and cared for.”

“I do what I can,” she teased, leaning into her and giving her a gentle hip check.

Gwen giggled, stumbling a little. “Watch it, those things are a deadly weapon!”

“Not nearly as deadly as what’s between them!”

“You’re awful,” Gwen laughed, “but not wrong.”

==========

“Multimedia mogul Amber Sangreal recently announced the opening of the first ever orbiting corporate headquarters. Set to launch in December of this year, Sangtech’s headquarters will orbit on the dark side of the planet at all times. Critics have joked that it is a ridiculous plan, and the employees will riot if they never see the sun again.”

“Sangtech’s PR department responded by saying that none of their employees involved in the orbital relocation are particularly fond of the sun, anyway.”

“Can’t believe she went on to do something like that,” Emilia mused.

“Yeah, seriously. Almost as unbelievable as El getting married to that big-wig chef and starting their own chain of dessert themed restaurants.”

“Guess she had to do something after reaching the top of her field as a food critic.”

“Guess so,” Christine shrugged. “Have you heard anything from Gwen and Fiona lately?”

“Not since Gwen finished her doctorate in nuclear physics. Fiona was doing something with her art, though. Hope that worked out well.”

“Mhm. Hey, you ever wonder what happened to that other girl from the sorority that disappeared that night?”

“Huh? Oh-- you mean Laura?” Emilia asked.

“Yeah!” Christine nodded.

“No clue… I hope she’s doing well, though.”

==========

“Your highness,” one of the elves said, kneeling. “The royal musician is prepared.”

“Excellent,” Laura said, standing from her throne and walking down the backs of the prostrated elves that formed the stairs up to her throne. It had taken so long to teach them the concepts of good music, modern music… and even longer to get them to develop the proper technology.

Her heels clicked noisily on the stone halls of her castle as she approached the ball room. Through the closed doors, she could hear the thumping of electronic beats, and as she passed through the doors, a servant handed her a crystal glass of her favorite wine.

She finished it in a single gulp, and settled into the awful but inexplicably enthralling beats of the cha-cha slide, dancing alongside her beleaguered harem of pretty elf boys..

==========

“There. I think that wraps them all up, right? No more lingering plot holes?”

“Mostly...I think you really owe Gwen and Fiona a more proper send off, for their sake, and the readers’,” Foxx said.

“Alright, alright…” Kae griped.

==========

“Hello there, Doctor Fairchild,” Fiona teased.

“Hello, starving artist Fairchild,” Gwen shot back, nudging her.

“I’m not starving! I have plenty of money! My last painting sold for a fortune!”

“I don’t think it counts if El is the one buying all your paintings because she wants to support your creativity,” Gwen giggled.

“Hey, a sale is a sale! She likes using my paintings for her restaurants!’

“I know love, just teasing you… money or not, I’ll always love you.”

“Love you too, Gwen.”

Gwen pulled her into a hug, giving her a kiss. “I’ve been thinking, maybe we need to take a vacation up to the lake house, relax, spend a few days to ourselves... “

“Should I let the fire department know?”

“I don’t know,” Gwen said, her eyes flaring blue, smoke trailing from the corners of her mouth as she smiled. “That depends how hot you wanna get.”

Fiona grinned a wide, foxy grin. “Light me up, babe.”

Gwen scooped up her girlfriend and carried her back to their bedroom, growling playfully at her. “They don’t have enough alarms for a blaze this big…”

The pair hit the bed, and were immediately a mess of kisses and groping hands.

==========

“For someone that claims to be ACE you sure do write a lot of steamy scenes in these things,” Na’tali said. 

“Well yeah. Gotta give the readers something spicy. Just because I don’t want it doesn’t mean they don’t,” Kae shrugged.

“In any case, now that you’ve taken care of those two, I think you need to wrap up the last plot hole,” Foxx said.

“Aw, but I like this thing,” the author said, raising the ornate  pen.

“Kaela,” Foxx said, folding her arms.

“Alriiiight,” she sighed, raising the pen and writing out: The author raised the pen, and as she finished writing her final sentence, the pen vanished, never to be seen again. The End.

46