Chapter 02-
32 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Everyone should stay home, we do not know what's happening, but there is some stuff killing and eating humans, keep calm and stay home, it is very dangerous outside. Th- *NOISES*...>

"What was that?" - Dean

After all, the letter was telling the truth… If I had given it importance, mom and Norman wouldn't have gone to California. I have to find them but the radio told us not to leave our homes. I will take a look from my window.

When I approached the window and took a look outside, I heard a lot of noises and saw my neighbors running toward their homes. I saw a person crawling on the ground. I shouldn't go out to help him but what will happen to him if I do not?

I went down, opened the door and ran toward the person that was crawling.

"Are you fine mister?" - Dean

"You… should… go, you do not… have time…" - Mysterious Person (1)

He started coughing, he had some blood in his clothes, and it looked like if he was bitten in his hand, if I remember correctly, the radio said that the "stuff" eats humans, so maybe his hand was bitten by them, but however, he said that I do not have time, so maybe something is coming, I have to take him to my home and give him first aid. I carried him until we reached home but something was coming toward us. It was a woman, she was whimpering and coming towards us, she only had one hand, the other hand was cut recently because it still had blood. Maybe I could help her too. I approached her to offer her some help.

"Hello, I am Dean Pugh, do you need some help?" - Dean

"Aghhhhh…" - Mysterious Girl (1)

"Let me help you." - Dean

When I approached her, she pounced on me and threw me on the ground, strangled me and tried to bite me. I saw the death in front me, her breath was disgusting, she looked like a dead walker. Thankfully, I practiced taekwondo so I threw her with my leg and ran to my house and closed the door with the key. It was very scary. She started scratching the door and whimpering. 

I will never forgive this feeling in my life. Oh, I forgot about that man, I ran to the bathroom, here we had some medicine, I took them and tried to treat him, but it was too late, sadly he died. I should have listened to him and run to my home. I don't know why I helped someone who lost a lot of blood. What am I saying? I started losing my humanity because of this shitty world, everything that I prepared went in vain. 

Norman left me some provisions in the garage, if I remember correctly, he said that it can feed me for a few weeks, so I do not have to leave my home for that long. I will try to contact my mom and Norman using my phone. I took my phone and tried to call them but there was no signal.

"Shit." - Dean

I punched the wall very hard till I started bleeding. What should I do now? I don't even know if my mom and Norman are alive. But first, I have to take that man outside, he's dead. What can I do for him? When I went to the main room, I did not find him, but there were traces of blood. 

"What, did he come back from the death?" - Dean

I tried to search for him, when I went to the garage, I saw him licking my blood on the wall.

"Hello?" - Dean

He turned around and looked at me, and started walking toward me. He looks like that woman, my instincts are telling me to run and find a weapon, but I am paralyzed by fear, my legs aren't answering me. I slapped my face and started running to the kitchen, I took a random knife and waited for him.

He came to the kitchen, and tried to grab me, but I dodged him and threw him to the ground, and I stabbed his heart. After all, anyone will die after receiving that attack. 

But that's not his case because he got up and bounced into me.

"I feel like that's a déja vu…" - Dean

I started laughing and forgot about him. I do not care if I die now, after all I lost everything, my mom, Norman, my studies, my comrades, my friends, even my sanity.

"Aghh…" - Mysterious Person (1)

"What am I saying?" - Dean

I punched him, and grabbed another knife. If the heart does not work, then I will try the head. I stabbed his head with the knife. He fell on the ground, it looks like it worked this time.

"This is the first time I've killed someone…" - Dean

I started laughing, till I started to cry.

"I've lost everything… Mom, I miss your pasta, where are you?" - Dean

The world that we know does not exist anymore, the dead come back from the death, if someone gets bitten by them, he dies no matter what. You can only kill them by destroying their brain. I will start calling them the Undead Walker…

I will go to sleep, but I do not know if I can, after all I have a corpse in my house, and outside there are a lot of undead walkers who are waiting to eat me… This is survivability of the strong, I cannot die now. I have to find my mom and Norman, I'll try to get ready tomorrow and travel to California.

I fell asleep, after all, today was a long day. 

What a bad day it was yesterday, so I hope that today can be a good day. 

I dreamed about my days in the military service. I learned taekwondo there and how to use weapons like knives, guns etc… Thanks to the military I can survive now, but wait, I have to visit them. In an apocalypse, a military base should be fine, no? They have a base, weapons, food, people, why shouldn't they be fine? I will try to go there and ask them to help me find my parents.

 But what should I do with the provisions? I'll have to hide them in a secret spot, since anyone can break the door and rob my house. What the fuck am I saying? This is the end of the world. Who will rob the house?

Anyway, I have to hide the provisions, I could need them after I find my mom and Norman. If I remember, we had a secret passage in the bathroom that leads you to a small bunker. I remember playing there with my childhood friends. I can hide the food there.

When I hid everything, I took and prepared a bag with food, water bottles and some knives to protect myself. I took my father's police clothes and wore them with a bulletproof vest. It can be useful, because the danger can be from the undead walkers and humans too.

When I was almost done with the preparations, I headed towards the door, and finished preparing to leave my home to travel to California in order to find my parents, but first I will go to the military base.

End of the chapter~

2