Chapter 03-
39 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dean lifted his head to the roof, and announced, “I am ready to leave my home and face the entire world.”

Those words were repeating in his head, he’s not willing to die today nor tomorrow, his mission is to find his parents, Leona and Norman.

This young academic lived without his father at an early age, when he was 9 years old, but thankfully to Norman, he and his mother lived peacefully without economic problems.

He grew up like any other child, but he always admired his father and Norman, and that is why he decided to protect everyone with the power of justice, and enrolled in the Law University. 

 

 

 * * * 12 years ago * * *

 

“Kieron, are you ready for the mission?” asked Norman to Kieron, Dean’s father and Leona’s husband.

Kieron looked at him with a serious face, “Norman, I won’t punch you because you are my best friend and I trust you, but if you say that again, I won’t hesitate to punch your damn handsome face.” he scowled, obviously furious.

Norman approached Kieron, confidently looked him in the eyes, and interrupted, “Kieron, I don’t want you to die, you have to raise Dean.”

Kieron started to cry and pleaded,  “Norman, you know that the probability of me dying is high, if I die, please take care of my family and tell them that I died in a traffic accident, I do not want Dean to hate my job, after all, I dedicated my life to this.”

Norman raised his arms, grabbed Kieron and hugged him, “Let me go with you, if you’ll die, I will die with you, after all, we have been called the golden duo.”

Kieron apologized and clarified,”Not even God, tells me what to do, even if it’s good for me. You will stay here at the base and take care of my family, I am not going to die, even if I die, I will come back from the death, and when I come back, I want to see you and my family having fun and laughing, and even if I do not come back, I want to see that.” 

 * * * Back to the present * * *

Dean opened the door and started to walk in his street, where he grew up and lived with his family, everything was destroyed, there was nothing, only blood in the ground. He found a mirror in the ground, and he grabbed it.

 

His eyes welled with tears at the realization-- Everything that was once there now disappeared, he missed the sound of vehicles, people laughing and having fun, all that disappeared, will those times ever come back? 

Dean sighed, wiped away the tears and went back to the present, “I have to be careful, I can find those undead walkers in any place.”

 

The silence was reigning, only fear was felt in the city, it is not even known if someone is still alive except Dean, and there were not even undead walkers in sight.

 

Dean started walking through the city and looking at the abandoned stores and houses. He had to walk 5 kilometers to reach his goal, the military base.

“Aghhhh…”, Dean heard a whimper, it was an undead walker. Dean took out a knife from his backpack and silently approached that voice. He hid behind a wall and began to locate his enemy, the undead walker. 

Hopefully for him, it wasn’t only “the undead walker”, it was “the undead walkers”, there was a wave of them.

“10? 20? 30? There are a lot of them, I have to run.” whispered Dean, and started to run.

The wave of undead walkers heard him and began to follow him. Dean ran and ran but it was not enough, since there was undead walkers everywhere he went, the 30 that were there before are now 50, and then 100, more and more followed him, Dean thought he was not going to survive, but there was a house surrounded by metal bars, and spikes outside, he climbed and jumped over the bars and approached the house, when he was close to the door, he found out that it was closed, it seemed that it was habited, Dean began to knock on the door but there was no answer.

Dean started to squeak, “Please, open! Please, I am in danger, I can’t make it without your help please…”

The undead walkers were approaching and coming, they were trying to break the bars, some of them were killed by the spikes. 

The door opened, and a voice was heard, "Come in quickly, or I'll close." Dean ran to the house and the door was quickly closed. There was a lot of noise outside, undead walkers were trying to enter.

The one who opened the door was an old man with a very long beard and white hair, he seemed to be in his seventies, but thanks to him, Dean was able to survive for a few more minutes, the undead walkers are still outside trying to enter. 

The house had two floors, and there seemed to be more people, since a person came out of the room upstairs and  went downstairs, grabbed Dean with his hands and threatened him, “You are an idiot, I swear that I am going to kill you after this and throw you to the zombies. Why did you bring them here? They seem to be more than 150, what can we do now? We are dead!” 

The old man suggested keeping calm, “We have to keep calm, They follow the noise, by the way, you boy, we'll see what we'll do with you.

Dean lowered his head and regretted, "Sorry, I'm just looking for my parents, I thought about going to the military base to ask for help.”

They started laughing over him, "Military base? Do you want to commit suicide? Are you tired of living? There is no longer something called military, those assholes escaped, and those who remained are already dead, now they are only zombies with weapons." the old man acclaimed

"Do you have any idea where undead walkers come from?" asked dean

They started laughing again, “Undead Walkers? What do you think is this? A cartoon for kids?”

“Let me tell you something, you call them zombies, so you shouldn't laugh at me.“ imitating their voice

"Come, young man, follow us upstairs and try to not make noise, don't forget that we saved you and you owe us your life, we will introduce you to our leader, I want to warn you that you are making a contract with the devil." said the old man

End of the chapter~

2