Chapter 15
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A guard who was standing at doorway of the palace stairs  heard a large splash..He had been asleep whilst anchoring himself against the doorway pillar.Nothing useful evr happens here so it's easy to get sleepy.He raised his heard quickly and then remembered that Yevana is probably the one who fell in the water as she likes going to the garden.The guard descended the stairs very quickly and headed straight for the garden.They are forbidden to ever step in the garden but Yevana could be injured..He ran so much that his boots made an earsplitting raucous on the wooden floor.As he ran the tassels of his coat floating behind him..

He ran towards the Hua Ting but he couldn't see a sight of Yevana anywhere.He looked at the water and searched on the surface but he couldn't see anything at all.She would be floating if indeed she fell in.Where could have Yevana hone suddenly.He ran across to the Hua Ting and crossed over to the flower garden..

He almost fell as he saw the split up fountain..He staggered backwards.Now more than ever he was sure that something has happened..

He ascended the stairs back into the Hua Ting and paced towards the banister that Yevana was standing when she was looking at the water..He continued searching the surface and the entire circumference of the area around the maidenhair and at this point,his heart was beating through his chest.The king is going to decapitate him because his daughter is missing right under his nose.

He was so scared that the franctic raising and falling of his chest seemed as if he was being pumped agressively..All he saw where ripples on the surface of the water as the leaves of the golden monster , nothing more..Where on earth is Yevana..

He panicked and thought of jumping into the water but it would help if there were more guards.He left the railings and ran out of the Hua Ting.He passed through the four cornerd entry way and was on the bridge.The speed at which he was moving he seemed as if he was lunging instead of moving..His feet were passing each other at the speed of lightning however that was awfully bizarre considering that he was just onlt five feet from the oblong pathway.

Why is he taking so long to cross the bridge.He was sure that he was running because his quadriceps were getting sore and the wind was brushing his face vigorously.In spite of all this it seemed as if the palace was getting further and further away.His feet were moving and he could see the ground under his feet move as well but the more he ran the more it seemed as if he has yet more surface to cover.Is this some kind of joke.How could he be running so profusely yet the distance from his destination appears to increase hundredsfold

While he was focused on the masquerade he seems to be in , a shadow dog emerged from the water and landed in front of him.The dog had contours similar to Qiong Qi discounting the wings.

He stopped abruptly and felt a whole get punched through his throat.He had never seen werewolf before and now a surrealistic smoke one with blood red orbs is standing right in front of him.Worst of all is that this dog doesn't seem anything like from the realm of the living.The dog produced a large howl and continued to snarl  without ever shifting its attention from him.In a split second as the guard was about to let out a well deserved scream for help,a hand covered his mouth from behind, he also felt a coil start to form around his legs the coil started to ascend his body.He tried to miffle a scream but the hand was completely covering his mouth and the fingers seemed to reach all the way to his ears.Whatever was silencing him has got to be most definitely grotesque.

He was trapped in place. And could not move, spikes of dread had already lined the greater length of his spine.His temple was already saturated with perspiration..He was infinatly petrified that's for certain..

A stonelike entity dropped into the water and as he turned his eyes to look at the source of the sound, the dog jumped over onto him and both their bodies passed through the wooden board and into the water..He felt his body hit the water and could see through the dog that they had seeped through the panel.How is that possible.The dog had pushed his aura feom his physical form leaving only his carcass ontop of the bridge board..The last thing he saw the understructure of the bridge before the water started to get darker...

          ********

Orl was so scared.He lowered his eyes to look at the kings abodomen but the king then collapsed onto the floor next to him.He turned over and kneeled down as he looked at the king.The king had placed his arm over his abdomen which now felt like it housed a swarm of bees.His whole torso was drenched in black blood nit to mention his royal robe.Orl wiped away the tears from his face and proceeded to uppprt the king off the ground.He placed the king s hand over his own shoulder and helped him to stand up so he can carry him to a place of help..There is first aid near his room but Orl doesn't want to leave Nayr behind to go and get it.What if..

As soon as he was standing, he held  Nayr s arm and then lowered his own body so that Nayr falls on his back..

As soon as Nayr landed on Orl s back,he left the arm and grabbed the back of the legs so that he gives Nayr  a piggy back ride.He adjusted himself in preparation to lift a heavy old man s body, However just as he propelled Nayt onto his back, he almost fell over because of how much unnecessary force he exterted ..Nayr was so extremely light so much that he probably weighed just a few pounds than Yevana.Come to think of it, his frame is a lot smaller than before almost close to Youden s.These emperial clothes offer a perfect illusion but there are some loopholes

Orl was confused but he couldn't dare waste time entertaining his curiosity..It was however extremely gnawing to find out answers to this question. He does look like the Yevana s father that everyone knows but now that he is on Orl s back it almost feels like he is carrying a reflection of the king..Orl moved his eyes left to right as his brain was running rampant.He then shook his head and carried him out of the meeting room and towards the royal chambers.He could go to the royal doctor but he is too far away ,well at least in the case of the king bleeding so much.As he stepped outside with Nayr on his back there was not a trace of guards at the entry like on other days.. They had just suddenly disappeared.. That was extremely suspicious but he didn't care anyway and just wanted to save Nayr..He could feel that Nayr was unconscious but he prayed to heaven that he was wrong.All the way he moved he kept telling Nayr to hang on but the more he talked the more his own echo answered him, making him even more susceptible to terror.With the other syllables he uttered his voice quivered mostly clearly.He couldn't bare to imagine the scene of having to explain how the king died protecting him from...What made the king spew blood?!!

He piloted his way through the hallway when he suddenly a large howl.. His body tensed and he felt the same for Nayr except that he wasn't sure if it was a spasm from anaemia..Orl couldn't help imagining the worst.

"What am I going to  do" Orl was the most  edgy he had ever been..

He could go and sound the ceremonial Gong that way someone will come but that will only alert the villagers and possibly put them in harms..He tightened the grip onto Nayr and he went to the royal chambers to tend to him..

The palace that was always crowded by guards seemed abandoned.He still hasn't seen any guard anywhere..

Finally he arrived at the royal quaters..

He headed for the Fusuma double door and let go Nayr s legs monetarily successively bending over so Nayr doesn't fall off.He pushed inwards and was impressed by the sight before him.

Orl has never been in here and he now sees why.This room is like a temple.It is circular in shape.The so called walls are foldable Fusuma and Shoji structures .The structure is slightly similar to the pavilions in that the roof is held by pillars that separate the paper walls.The difference is that there are no railings in the room only outside at the balcony. The said balcony is accessible through the large floor to roof Shoji that serve as windows positioned on both sides of the humongous bed.

Anyway ,as he was standing by the door taking in this view, he remembered that he had a dying person on his back.He turned to the right towards the bed and laid Nayr down.He reached for cabinet and nightstands but there was nothing in there except jewels and ornaments.That's right, the rich don't have first aid they have doctors in call awaiting their command.How classy yet inconvenient.

He opened a drawer and pulled out a large cloth and he ripped it in half then dunk it  in the jug of water on the table at the center of the room.He then took the jug and paced over to the bed.Orl remained standing whilst hovering in Nayr who was now most definitely unconscious. He placed the jug on the nightstand and he proceeded to try and undo the king s gown.He hesitated but he thought that the king would understand his reasons.He undid his imperial gown exposing his under garment which he only unknotted ..He then turned to grab the soaked cloth from the jug.He held the wet cloth on his hand while the other hand peeled off the layers of the undergarment..

In all his life nothing prepared him for what his eyes showed him...The wet cloth in his hand sliped and fell to the floor.He stood straight and slowly backed away.The tears that had dried up began to well up once more.His pulsations were getting erratic..He ran towards the door but the doors forcefully shut themselves seconds before he could reach them and as he stood there shocked, the folding curtains in the entire circumference also unrevelled themselves simulating a dungeon.As he witnessed this he proceeded to bang on the door mercilessly and tears were streaming effortlessly down his face.

"Heeeellppp... Anybooddddy"

0