Chapter 48
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A sharp needle-like electric pain exploded through his hand and caused it to twitch. This outburst was so sudden that it woke him up. And but instead of opening his eyes,he knit his eyebrows

Alongside this , his face imitated frowning but it was not successful instead it looked as if he was doing it in his dream and the effect was replicated in real life. But that is far from the truth. The composure of his facial muscles and the paleness can make it hard to see some expressions clearly and they instead look like hints of the real thing.

He slowly parted his eyes.

As incredibly sleepy as he was , he looked like he was just closing his eyes for a split second as he didn't make expressions common when one wakes from a deep slumber such as the one he was in. The reason for his deep sleep is that he had not had time to rest at all after the intensive simulation exercise , so this short nap unintentionally manifested into sleep.

With the greatest level of irritation, Adrian moved his eyes to look the hand on the table. To think that this electrocution was why he could not fall asleep on Kijad s bed and yet again it's the very same thing that is waking him up, that fact really managed to award itself a worthy feature of vexation.

As much as Adrian tries to be polite , unwelcome interruptions to his sleep are not things that he is willing and seeming to getting accustomed to. No matter the reason or the cause, it's not an exception he seems to be warming up to

Just like when wolves in the grounds are causing unnecessary noise early in the morning ,there are so many times Adrian wanted to splash them with freezing cold water .

Maybe they don't need to recharge but Adrian does.Sleep is a time for rest , a time for recuperation but what's the point of setting time aside for sleep when the interruptions are so ample and day and night are made akin

One such other instance was when Herim came to his quarters talking so loudly . Actually Herim was talking normally,it's just that he was talking too much that it seemed to be idle chatter but whatever the case that 'idle chatter' managed to combust rage in Adrian because he had a long late night and just when he is finally falling asleep, Herim became such a pain.

Herim had gone there to greet Joln and he had brought fruit with him. Apparently alongside training, Herim has the duties of delivering things around the place like letters or sometimes aiding in delivering food to sect masters or very rarely, to guests from the outside . Since sometimes there can be leftover food , the chef can just give it all to him as Herim is just that sweet. As naughty as he is, he is very useful and that side of him is not popular . Too bad that Herim also seldom shows it so the chef will tend to throw a fit at Herim than he does being kind to him . And for Herim that is an even greater reason not to show his niceness. In the end he can only treat them as they are treating him. But his is a little better because ,he is just a child trying to survive. However no matter what ,the chef still becomes the better man and gives Herim the food .

Anyway like today, they had given him some fruit that was left behind and Herim didn't eat it but instead saved it to give to Joln after he has finished his morning breakfast deliveries.

He came walking happily like a little duckling to Joln s chambers. Primarily he knocked softly on the door which surprisingly a very nice thing that Herim has adopted. He never knocks too loudly, maybe indeed his sewing hands are just as soft as the fabric he always embroiderers. Or maybe Herim is trully nice, it's  just that the world is so vicious . like the king of the wolves said, ' subconscious acts show the nature of the heart and soul. '

That being the case, Adrian nor Joln heard the knock so nothing was said . And so because of not hearing a response, Herim thought it would be okay to just enter the house and give them some morning fruits. But of course he can't just proceed forward ,so he started to call Joln and he then explained his purpose,his morning activities and the today's menu. Of course he is aware that Joln doesn't care about those things but it somehow feels good to tell him about the first five hours ever since he woke up. Honestly it makes him feel better and become more cheerful. Maybe if Joln cared or was atleast genuinely listening,Herim would touch the moon with his happiness.

Admist this talking , Adrian tossed and turned so many times trying to fall asleep but it was getting pretty difficult to filter out Herim s voice simply because, Adrian is leaving the sleep phase with every second he spends trying to get back to sleeping. Plus the fact that from silence to hearing someone speak out of the blue, like they own the place, was beyond words infuriating

So because of this , Adrian got so furious that he tore off the covers and stormed out of his bed with his hair all messy and his voice raspy.

Because he stood up too quickly,the instant he was on his feet he felt a little dizzy and hazy . Nonetheless he blast off to the door

He pulled the door so aggressively almost, ripping it off the frame .

" Please shut up or go outside", he commanded the second he saw that he had Herim s attention.

Herim was standing just infront of the door and he was brushing the dust off his basket but looked up immediately when he heard the door being open.

The structure of the disciples s quarters is simple. On the outside it is like a regular house. Entering the house, there is a three passage leading to the windows on each end , which are extraordinarily large and intrinsic. The pattern of the frames differs from each wing like this wing, the south wing, it is hemispherical.

Anyway after there are two doors, separated by the passage. Each door leads to each respective bedroom.

The space being the lateral passage is quite large and can fit a two study tables but as of now it's just a single circular table with no chairs and Herim stood next to it

Adrian s words were not aggressive but the way he said them showed so much anger and hostility that could not be hidden no matter what. Before Herim could react, Adrian had already slammed the door so violently that the impact made Herim shudder a bit.

Herim stood looking at the door and he tightened his hands around the handle.

The accumulation of Sodium Chloride and dryness in his mouth was not comfortable but it was still the effect the act that just happened. His head felt like he should know better, it told him that he should have assessed the situation better than to come here being all happy. Not everyone or rather none really wants to hear about the things Herim has to say

If it was Valian who had come here in the morning, Joln who have long been awake and Adrian would not have acted like that. But then again Herim is still a stranger and the more he tries to be social with them ,the more distanced they seem to get.

There is no point in hiding it now, Herim was actually offended by Adrian snapping at him like that.

Shockingly enough, Adrian was the very individual that said it's not nice to just walk into someone's chambers and make oneself comfortable without saying a word.

Herim smiled softly and half-blinked with ten percent of a smile on his face. He had never seen Adrian act like that but he is not all the way shocked by his behavior. He knows that he was not talking loudly but part of him could respect Adrian s anger..

" You look like plum roses", Herim yelled with a slight painfilled tremor in his voice. The goal was not to compliment Adrian but rather to distract Adrian into getting annoyed if he was feeling guilty.

The logic behind it was like if one hits another on the shoulder accidentally and doesn't apologize,the victim snaps out and hurls irrelevant insults. If the culprit doesn't react for a while, the victim may feel bad for throwing a tantrum over something so miniature. But if the culprit compliments the victim, the victim subconsciously gets distracted from the topic and just focuses on the annoyance and provocation . It may seem impractical ,but at the end of it all, it's better to make someone feel annoyed than guilty.

After this incident, Herim made a mental note never to visit in the morning. He is called rude for being quiet and he is reprimanded for being talkative. Better he just leave the idea of morning visits all together than try to modify it .

Accompanied by the feeling of being gut-ripped, Herim walked away with his basket because he knows they are going to throw the fruits away if he leaves them.

Anyway the point is that Adrian really hates it when his sleep is interrupted so that explains his frustration right now.

He continued looking at the hand and it was the hand that was tired with a white ribbon a few hours ago.

His pneuma energy is starting to burn his veins because it is not flowing properly similar to the pain of a blood clot. He has to do something about it or else the rest of his hand might start to hurt way worse

He tried to outstretch his fingers but he knows that will not help ,he has to get the flow on promptly.

He exhaled as he realised that he was being a little silly and he raised his head off his hand that he was resting his hand on while sitting cross legged.

Adrian had fell asleep while looking at the documents on Kijad s table. That also means that he has been in this uncomfortable position for a long time and his muscles must have felt the consequences.

Elevating his head from his hand felt like he had broken bones and his neck had been shredded because there was so much tension on it.

He rose it slowly and after his cranium left his hand he slightly rotated his shoulder to relieve the pressure that had germinated . Sequentially he began to rotate it a little more and he rose the arm that has been serving as his pillow with the goal of un-numbing it.

At the same time he did that ,he felt something fall off of his shoulders. He looked to the ground through his hair that was still scattered over his face and he saw that it was a dark green piece of cloth or blanket. He could not tell what exactly it was but it doesn't matter because he knows what its purpose is.

Kijad probably woke up some time during the night then he went and placed the warm blanket over Adrian.

Adrian smiled at the thought of Kijad being so considerate and sensitive because usually Adrian is the one who puts a blanket over him as he tends not to wear one

That being said he stood up from where he was sitting and maybe he forgot the pressure he had previously had because he stood up to fast and the second he did that the unevenness of muscle tension and pressure firmly reminded him.

He felt himself get partially dizzy and he stumbled but he didn't fall over instead he gained more stability by opening his legs a little. Adrian really has that poor sense of maintaining stability

If he spends a long time on the ground or wakes up, when he tries to elevate, he feels all sorts of things and fights pathetically to just get up. He must have been a late walker or something of the sort but despite that being the case he somehow keeps forgetting this or maybe he has not acknowledged yet.

He tilted his head a little as the blood rushed to his head promptly.

Afterwards he proceeded to one of the shelves that he had hung his ribbon.

Because the mirror was too far, he will just tie his hair right here.

He could use magic but his hand has an energy block so that would not be fruitful to say the least. And also because his other hand had been supporting a mass for so long, it's still a little bit numb. But even if the odds are so against him ,he opted to the manual root because it's better than making a tornado in the room

In spite of the inevitability that he won't be able to get a good grip of his hair as long as he has collected it ,it should not be a problem.

He grabbed the ribbon and coiled it aimlessly over his hair and the result was a ponytail . It was messy but not too much. This would do for now

0