Chapter 6
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Violet eyes? Ilon widened his eyes in complete shock. Even Quyon and Maymun stopped faking being asleep and focused on the conversation. Ilon had never heard of anyone having violet eyes before. The cursed who had violet coloured powers had blue eyes, and the Horror’s who had violet coloured blood had normal coloured eyes, if they had eyes at all.

 

“Hey Fessal,” Quyon got up out of her seat and gently spoke in her softest voice, “can you remember anything else about the person who had violet eyes?” She said as she walked over to Fessal and put her hands on her shoulders, her sharp blue eyes looking directly into Fessal’s.

 

“Uh...umm.” Fessal stammered out before closing her eyes once again in focus. Seconds that felt like minutes went by as her face started contorting in pain.

 

“Fessal I know it hurts, but please, anything you can remember will be super helpful.” Quyon said in her same soft voice that she used to give comfort to her patients that were at death’s door.

 

Fessals face contorted even more before her legs gave out on her and she started to collapse, but Quyon was quick enough to catch her.

 

“I can’t.” Fessal said while sniffling, tears trailing down her face. “I’m sorry but all I remember is a fog covering them.”

 

“Don’t worry you’ve done more than enough. Thanks to you we may be able to find the culprit that caused this.” Lysa spoke out. She called one of her fellow guards over. “She’ll take you to your pa, alright? Once again thank you for your contributions.”

 

The guard led Fessal away as Lysa turned back to the three of them. “Violet eyes, huh? I’ve noticed that the three of you have got some strange eyes as well. Mind telling me what that’s all about?” She said as she pulled another chair to the table and sat down with her hands clasped together on the table.

 

“Ilon you handle this.” Maymun said as she walked over to Quyon and grabbed her hand. “Quyon and I are going to go bang. Later.” She said with a wink as she started to pull Quyon towards the stairs leading to their room.

 

“Ah, wait. Maymun.” Quyon intentionally dragged on her sentence to make it sound whiny. Yet, she let herself be freely pulled along, wanting nothing to do with the guards. “Do you think he’ll be fine?” She got close to Maymun and whispered after getting a bit of distance from them.

 

“Stop asking rhetorical questions. Now come on, let's go relieve some stress.” Maymun said with a big grin on her face. Quyon returned the grin and looked behind them to check on Ilon one last time.

 

Ilon was currently dumbfounded by the situation that just happened. Quyon and Maymun used to help him when things got tough, but now they dumped their troubles onto him because they wanted to have sex. How can anyone be horny after what just happened? Ilon looked over at Lysa, who was still in the same position waiting patiently for an answer. The slight smile on her face that didn’t reach her eyes told another story about her patience though.

 

“You’re just going to let them go?” He asked, trying to divert the topic of conversation while trying to think of an excuse.

 

“I only need one of you to answer the question. Unless you refuse of course, then I’ll go interrupt their little session.” She said as she unclasped her hands and laid them down on the table. “Now, where were we?”

 

“Ahaha,” Ilon let out a nervous chuckle, “violet eyes, right? Sorry, I have no idea about them.” Even though he felt nervous he kept his voice strong. The Master taught him to make sure to never show weakness in front of people with authority, otherwise they would take advantage and try to take a foot when you only gave an inch.

 

“While the violet eyes are interesting, they aren’t the ones right in front of me at this current moment.” Lysa said with impatience leaking into her voice. She still had to write a bunch of reports about the situation that had just happened outside, yet the boy before her was pussyfooting around.

 

“It’s a defect in our family. I don’t know why we have it, we just do.” Ilon wasn’t lying when he said this. He really didn’t know what caused their blue eyes, just that the colour of them faded the more they used their power and that feasting brought that colour back. At least, he thought of it as a defect considering the amount of pain and suffering it caused in his early years.

 

“So the three of you are family then? And why are two family members in the middle of a love making session?” She said, trying to poke a hole in the story.

 

“Very, very distantly related.” Was all he responded with. In fact, they weren’t even family members by blood or anything, only by the chains that made them the Cursed.

 

“I see. Unfortunately, I can’t waste any more time here due to my curiosity. Hmm.” She hummed as if trying to make a decision as she stood up. “The person that Fessal described is most likely the Vice-head of the Shamans in Mazual, Bi’wan. I don’t really know much about him, but if you see him don’t engage and report to the guards. Got it?”

 

“Alright. I appreciate you telling me about this.” Ilon nodded his head at Lysa as she left. He got up and checked on the situation outside and found that the guards had made quick work, with blood stains being the only thing remaining to show that anything had happened there.

 

What to do now? Quyon and Maymun were currently occupied and he had no idea how long it would last. He was pretty tired and stressed, and sleeping in a bed sounded exceptionally tempting to him right now. However, it was just past lunchtime, and if another situation like that occurred he didn’t know if he would be able to handle it as well by himself.

 

After debating about whether to fall to his desire for comfort or resupplying his stuff, he decided to choose the latter. While the desire for comfort was strong, he was also afraid of being alone with his thoughts. At least focusing on something would be a nice distraction that gave him time to recompose himself.

 

He went to the market district that had a whole bunch of stalls set up and a wide variety of shops ranging from things like bakeries to ingredients for Shamanistic rituals. The hustle and bustle of this district was far more than the other district he was in. If what occurred there occurred here, the death count wouldn’t only be a couple dozen but more like a couple hundred.

 

Ilon noticed that there were a lot of guards patrolling the area keeping an eye out for anyone shady or suspicious looking. He also kept an eye out for anyone with a horn looking design on the side of their face.

 

Ilon took his time shopping, looking around at stalls and seeing what they had to offer. Some had food, some had handicrafts, others clothes. The sounds of Hawking and bargaining rang out from every corner of the stalls.

 

Eventually, Ilon decided he had enough of aimlessly looking through the stalls and went to his original destination which was a general store that sold pretty much everything he needed. It was a store that he found while wandering around called Feil’s general wares.

 

The inside of the store was pretty standard. The items were on shelves and underneath the shelves were the prices written as well as small pictures of the amount of copper or silver the item cost. The store was a decent size and had a wide variety of items ranging from everyday general use such as soap to things with specific uses such as eating utensils. The store was pretty organized compared to some of the others he saw, with the items were arranged into rows and each row having several sections that items went into.

 

The shop had a private guard hired who would make sure that there were no troublemakers as well as stay near the door and collect tokens of purchase, which Feil or another employee would give out once someone made a purchase. The store had several employees in a blue uniform that were restocking the shelves or providing guidance to other customers. Ilon wandered around a bit looking at what the store had to offer, before eventually finding what he came for.

 

There were a wide variety of travel rations such as dried jerky, dried fruits, different kinds of nuts, crackers, and many other things that lasted for a longer period of time. Ilon had traveled for most of his life so he quickly grabbed some of his favourites before he heard a voice next to him that sounded slightly familiar.

 

“What oh what do I get?” The voice had a slight playfulness to it. Ilon turned and looked at the man standing only a couple of feet away. He looked to be in his mid twenties and had dirty blonde hair bordering on light brown. As he turned to look at Ilon, the face he saw overlapped with the one in his memories. He had a soft looking face with a playful smile, and his eyes were a piercing blue that seemed to look deep into the soul.

 

“Kachuk.” Ilon quietly said his name out in shock. Seeing Maymun and Quyon was a welcome surprise, but seeing Kachuk here gave him genuine concern. He hoped it was just a coincidence that four of the Cursed met up in the same town, but considering Cursed and Horrors usually attracted each other triggered warning signals in his mind.

 

“Ah!” Kachuk exclaimed out in fake shock. “It’s the third wheel!” As usual, the first sentence that came out of his mouth ticked Ilon off. He wouldn’t say that he hated Kachuk, but he certainly did irritate him to no end. Hmm?

 

“You know that Maymun and Quyon are here?” Ilon asked as he thought it through. “And that we were together?” Kachuk only called him that whenever the three of them were together. When he was alone he usually called him ‘il’ which also ticked him off, just not as much as third wheel did.

 

“Of course! I’m much stronger than you after all.” He declared with a smug smile as he cupped his chin between his thumb and an outstretched index finger.

 

Nevermind, I do hate him. Ilon quickly took back his opinion of him after seeing him again for the first time in over a year and a half. He faintly recalled doing the same thing back then as well.

 

“No, seriously, how did you know we were together?” Ilon asked with a scowl on his face.

 

“Why, wouldn’t you love to know?” He said as he put his hands on his hips, trying to hold back a smile.

 

“I would.” Ilon said in a deadpan voice which caused Kachuk to slightly deflate seeing that his teasing had no effect.

 

“Fine.” Kachuk relented with a depressed voice. “I was staying at the inn before they arrived, handling some business, but it’s not like I was avoiding a certain someone among them. I just didn’t feel like talking to them in those couple of days.” He said in a slightly shaky voice that was clearly lying.

 

“As to how I know you were together. I saw your little reunion with those two, and I definitely didn’t take that as a chance to sneak out of my room without being seen by them.” He said as he nodded to himself with a smile.

 

Ilon remembered that Kachuk had grown up with Maymun and Quyon while being raised by the Master. Ilon had been picked up right as She had left Kachuk and a couple of others behind to fend for themselves. He thought back to the time he was still with Maymun and Quyon and remembered Maymun telling him some stories about the terror she inflicted on Kachuk as a child.

 

0