Chapter 6- Ironfront City
118 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hello guys, thank you for reading The Violet Dawn. Please consider rating/reviewing and most importantly consider joining the discord server: https://discord.gg/hAZDcwRq to socialize with other people who like TVD. It'll be good if you could say your opinions in the comments as well.

“Open Status Window.”

[Name: Kiera Ashborn

Race: Human (Dimension Crosser)

Gender: Female

Age: 0 (physical age: 10)

Magician Rank: Normal Apprentice Magician Lv.10

Attribute: Tyrannical Lightning

Titles: Voidborne (command ‘Voidborne’ to show details)

 

General Stats:

Health: 15,240/15,240

Stamina: 15,480/15,480

Mana: 15,240/15,240

 

Battle Stats:

Strength: 127

Dexterity: 128

Agility: 129

Wisdom: 127

 

Skills:

Active:

General-

{Identify Lv.1}

Attribute Skills-

{Tyrant Regeneration Lv.1} {Eye of the Tyrant Lv.1} {Eruption Lv.1} {Destruction Lv.4} {Flashburst Lv.2} {Vanishing Step Lv.6}

Passive:

General-

{Crafting Lv.1} {Lightning Resistance Lv.4} {Physical Resistance Lv.4} {Pain Resistance Lv.4}

Attribute Skills-

{Tyrannical Lightning Body Lv.5} {Way of the Tyrant Lv.3}]

Kiera sat comfortably, eating a type of dessert similar to ice cream while looking at the familiar yet foreign sky view from the airship’s window.

She discovered magic was more convenient than just granting one the ability to create supernatural phenomenons. It also burned everything you ate into mana, something she theorized because no matter how much meat she ate or how much juice she drunk, she didn’t need to go to the bathroom.

The airship had a personal chef and waiters, so she passed the last three hours eating things she never ate before: Wolf meat, wyvern meat, tiger meat, and even drake meat. Needless to say, she still preferred eating regular cows, as their meat was softer and juicier; the animals here had too much muscle.

After another hour, the airship finally started to descent. Kiera looked outside the window, her eyes widening at the unbelievable sight below her. A tremendous city, at least four times bigger than Lanvale, greeted her eyes.

The buildings were as tall as skyscrapers, while the absurd number of people walking in the city’s street was akin to an ant colony when one looked from above. Kiera turned her gaze to the waitress beside her, “what is the population of this city?”

The waitress tilted her head and pondered before answering. “I believe that 25 million, young miss.”

“Even Tokyo only has about 38 million people, and this is a regular city in a moderate-sized country in a Low-Level Isle.” Kiera sighed in her heart, “how big would the highest-ranked isles be?”

While they talked, the airship already landed. “Young miss, we’ve arrived; I hope your experience in our humble ship was pleasing!” The captain came out of the cockpit and slightly bowed to Kiera.

“It was an enjoyable flight indeed, captain.” Kiera nodded, “tell me please, where can I find a good inn in the places?”

“The Redfly Inn in the commercial district is a popular inn among merchants and nobles alike, young miss.” the captain answered before handing her a map.

“Thank you, may we meet again,” Kiera said and vanished from the ship’s entrance. She reappeared outside the airport, checking the map the old captain gave her.

“Truly a big city, Lanvale is nothing compared to this place.” Kiera thought, detecting many auras that were as strong or even stronger than Marcus Rosewell’s among the sea of people. She found her way to the commercial district, stunned by the fact each inn was actually the size of a luxury hotel. “This world should decide if it is medieval or of the 20th century, though I saw no radios or TVs anywhere.”

The Redfly Inn the captain talked about was too noticeable for Kiera to miss. The whole twenty stories building was painted scarlet, a huge red butterfly statue adorning its front. She saw fancily dressed people come and go, gems trimmed on their suits or dresses.

She looked down her own white dress and shrugged, flaring her aura slightly. Entering the building, every magician in the lobby moved his gaze to her, astonishment in their eyes.

She went to the reception table, staring the young receptionist in the eye. “What is the fee per night?”

The woman did not dare to neglect her because of her unremarkable outfit and answered respectfully. “It is one gold per night, young miss.”

Kiera nodded and put ten gold on the table, retracting her aura completely, “sign it on Kiera Ashborn.”

The young receptionist visibly sighed in relief and flashed a wide, fake smile before handing Kiera a key. “Breakfast, lunch, and dinner times would be written on a card in your room. The elevator is to the left. Enjoy your stay!”

“15th-floor room number 327,” Kiera memorized, surprised to hear elevators existed. “It seems that the people of this world succeeded in developing the less complicated technologies with mana.”

What awaited her was a luxurious room with a king-sized bed, red carpets, a toilet, and even a bath. The balcony oversaw the entire commercial district, which was bustling even in the middle of the night.

“Well, time to start that training,” Kiera said and went to the bath. She unsheathed her dagger and slashed her palm, wincing at the pain, which was still excruciating even with her pain resistance skill.

Then, the wound suddenly shone with a violet color as the blood she lost returned to her body as if it had a mind of its own. The split flesh suddenly wriggled as she could see the wound closing at a speed visible to the naked eye.

“Interesting, but can it heal a serious wound?” she contemplated for a few seconds and decided to just go through with it. Using her dagger, she cut a vertical line from her wrist to her elbow.

Her scarlet blood spurted, tainting her fair glossy skin. She smiled as the wound closed at the same pace as the previous one, even though it was far bigger. Of course, it consumed more mana, but it was not a problem for her.

As soon as the wound finished healing, she received two notifications that widened her smile and stimulated her motivation even more.

[Skill upgrade! {Tyrant Regeneration Lv.1} advanced into {Tyrant Regeneration Lv.2}]

[Skill upgrade! {Pain Resistance Lv.4} advanced into {Pain Resistance Lv.5}]

She continued her peculiar training until sunrise, injuring her small body in every place possible. By the time she stopped, her Tyrant Regeneration had leveled up to Lv.7 and her Pain Resistance to Lv.10

“I might have gone crazy, but I guess it’s better than experiencing it in real-time combat…” She chuckled, washing off the dried blood and filth of the last two days.

The hot water caressed her skin as she felt her mental fatigue melting. It was the first time she could actually relax properly ever since she reincarnated.

Finished with her bath, she wore a new set of clean clothes and passed the time until breakfast looking at the mirror. She was currently a young girl, but even she could see how beautiful she would grow to be. She wondered if it was a case of narcissism, well, she indeed loved herself.

She locked her door and went to the dining hall. Eating two plates of what was called a Giant Bull with a cup of hot milk, she left satisfied.

Kiera went to the reception desk, asking the girl from yesterday where she could find a high-quality smithy. The girl directed her to go north of the inn, where she found a place called Ran’s Smithy.

Entering the smithy, Kiera was greeted by a two meters tall tanned bald man. His arms were thicker than her waist, and he was actually a level higher than Marcus Rosewell.

He smiled welcomely, “what can I do for you missy?”

Kiera smiled back, opening the wooden suitcase she took out of her inventory beforehand. “For how much do you estimate I can sell these?”

Ran took the sword and mace in his hand and carefully before his eyes widened in astonishment. “Missy, where the hell did you find two Mana Armaments of Masterwork quality!?” He shouted before hurriedly covering his mouth with his hand.

“Mana Armaments?” Kiera raised her eyebrow, “those are weapons my teacher left for me.”

“Listen carefully, missy.” the blacksmith whispered, “Mana Armaments are weapons made of a high-quality metal called Adamantium, a metal that was tempered by mana for

thousands of years! They can enhance a magician’s strength in battle and are divided into three ranks: Common, Masterwork, and Grand.”

“Masterwork Quality Armaments are something only True Magicians could activate, and even Skilled magicians would kill for!”

"So, for how much do you estimate I can sell these?" Kiera repeated her words, but now with more expectation.

"Mana Armaments should only be sold in auctions for maximum profit, 1500 gold for the initial bid for Masterwork grade armaments," he answered.

Kiera almost burst into laughter when she heard the numbers. "Tyrannical Lightning old man, you truly didn't disappoint me!"

"Do you also make cloaks, preferably one with pockets," she finally stated her primary business.

He nodded, "I make everything adventure-related, not just weapons."

He went to the back of his shop, returning with pitch-black clothing in his hand. "This is the only one I have for your size; it is made from the tough scales of a Black Python. The cost is 10 gold."

"Also, carefully heed my advice, missy, sell these weapons as fast as you can; otherwise, you will be hunted even by the king of this nation. I suggest you go to the Blue Rose Auction House; they keep the sellers' identity confidential." he continued in a low voice, his eyes fixed to the door of his shop as if afraid someone would enter.

"Thank you, Mr. Ran," Kiera wore her brand new cloak and left the store.

She decided not to hurry up and sell the armaments just yet, and strengthen herself beforehand in case something would go wrong. Thus, she made her way to the Great Ranuros Forest's entrance in the eastern exit of the city.

The Great Ranuros Forest was gigantic, covering 20% of the entire Darium Isle, and stretched from the western region all the way to the northern region. The deeper one went in the direction of the sea, the stronger the Mana Beasts, and some places required one to be a Diamond Skilled Magician if they wanted to escape relatively unscathed.

Kiera of course currently only aimed to hunt Tier 1 Awakened Beasts in the 41-60 level range, or Bronze Apprentice Magicians in human terms.

The familiar wild scent permeated her nose as Kiera stepped into the gloomy woods. The savage aura in the air and the faint smell of blood made her feel right at home for some reason.

She used Vanishing Step, wisps of lightning left in her wake as she blinked 40 meters away with every single step. On her way she passed many low-level beasts, ignoring them as they yielded negligible amounts of experience.

She only stopped when the trees were tall enough to completely cover the light from the ten suns in the sky, the darkness intense enough even for her enhanced sense of sight. Activating Eye of the Paragon, the dark world around her turned violet as her sight returned to her.

She detected hundreds of mana signatures around her, arraying from on top of the branches and to the ground and even below it. She honed on the strongest one she could find, bolting to its position.

What welcomed her was a gigantic leopard, as big as the Earth Wyvern she killed back then. However, the strength she felt from it was unlike anything she sensed before, enough to threaten even her! Its body emitted a blazing aura that scorched the air around, as it walked arrogantly through the woods.

[Tier 1 Lv. 55 Inferno Leopard.]

“Finally a worthy target,” Kiera grinned, understanding the beast sensed her already but was too lazy to attack, deeming her a worthless enemy.

She put her cloak in the inventory, replacing a fruit with it, and wore the scaly dress instead of her current simple dress. She ate the fruit to recharge her lost mana and stamina and got into position with her dagger unsheathed.

Suddenly, her body glowed like a violet sun as bolts of lightning enveloped every inch of it. The lightning-shaped tattoos shone brightly, pulsing with mana. It was the Eruption skill, and she deemed the leopard worthy enough an opponent to use it.

She vanished, leaving a crater in her previous spot as she appeared like a ghost in front of the huge predator. Lightning gathered in her dagger as she stabbed toward the leopard’s forehead, splitting the wind in the process.

The leopard’s eyes squinted as a wall of fire rose in front of him, blocking Kiera’s attack. It jumped backward with grace and speed, unbefitting its big size, finally taking the little girl seriously.

Kiera pressed on, her small body similar to a lightning bolt as she covered the distance. Unleashing Destruction with her right leg as soon as she arrived. The leopard returned her favor with a flaming claw of its own.

The two skills met, generating a shockwave that split the ground as the two combatants recoiled from the clash. Kiera was the loser of that particular skirmish, her shin bent in an unnatural angle.

She watched as Tyrant Regeneration immediately started to fix her leg to its right state in glee, sighing in relief that the otherwise catastrophic injury was nothing to her prized skill.

She turned her gaze to the leopard, which watched her leg healing in wary before growling in annoyance.

Kiera took note not to try and block the beast’s strikes and dodge instead before she covered the distance yet again. She dodged another flaming claw before she appeared near the beast’s stomach, stabbing with Destruction.

The beast roared in pain as lightning ravaged its insides, making Kiera smile triumphantly. However, her senses screamed for her to dodge as she felt a dangerous energy welling from within the punctured beast.

She stepped backward, barely avoiding the infernal fire that enveloped the beast. Its golden eyes shone through the scarlet blaze, locked on Kiera’s figure. It disappeared from its spot at speed not inferior to Kiera’s Vanishing Step, illuminating the dark forest on its way.

Kiera dodged the giant flaming predator, simultaneously kicking its stomach through the blazing armor, making it crash into a tree. But she knew that if not for the mana and lightning that coated her leg, the flame would have melted her into nothingness the moment she came into contact with it.

The leopard stabilized his body, obviously unscathed by Kiera’s kick. “Tough fucker,” she cursed, closing in on it.

They blinked throughout the forest, causing mayhem to plants and trees as they injured each other. Kiera’s bones regularly shattered and her skin melted before regenerating as she stubbornly slashed the leopard, nimbly dodging his attacks.

But her stamina and mana were consumed quickly as she did her best splitting the dozens of fireballs that came her way with Flashburst while dodging the giant paws that aimed to flatten and roast her.

But the leopard was not in a much better state; she could sense he was fatigued, the pain from the skills she successfully hit it with slowing it down. However, she also knew the fight would the leopard’s if she continued this lockdown; after all, its level was higher and so was its stamina and mana pools.

“Fuck it, it’s now or never,” Kiera murmured, steeling her resolve. A huge amount of lightning gathered in her fist as she punched with Destruction in the direction of the leopard. The lightning beam crossed the several meters between them, aiming to penetrate one of the leopard’s eyes.

It easily blocked it, but its line of sight was blocked by its own paw in the process— what Kiera aimed for. She used Vanishing Step, appearing on the leopard’s head, the flames dancing around her— trying to melt her into dust.

Her dagger crackled with lightning as she repeatedly stabbed the leopard in its head while dodging tail sweeps. As she was basically within the fire, Eruption’s lightning coat could not completely protect her, the flame subsequently melting her skin and clothes.

Tyrant Regeneration activated, Kiera used Flashburst to puncture the leopard’s thick hide. A manic grin she did not know she wore was plastered on her face, which repeatedly melted and regenerated.

When she could finally see white bone, Kiera used Destruction to finish the job. Brain and bone dust erupted like lava, shrouding Kiera’s body.

With the fire extinguished due to the leopard’s death, Kiera fell on her butt and sighed in relief. Her mana and stamina decreased to below the twenties, and her health decreased to below 100 even with Tyrant Regeneration. After all, she had many internal injuries she left alone so she could concentrate on moving her hand.

She ate a fruit and almost moaned from the warm feeling; her Tyrant Regeneration reactivated as soon as her mana was refilled. Healed completely, she finally turned her attention to the many notifications she received during and after the fight.

 

[Skill upgrade! {Destruction Lv.4} advanced into {Destruction Lv.9}]

 

[Skill upgrade! {Vanishing Step Lv.6} advanced into {Vanishing Step Lv.12}]

 

[Skill upgrade! {Flashburst Lv.2} advanced into {Flashburst Lv.6}]

 

[Passive skill {Heat Resistance} acquired.]

 

[Skill upgrade! {Heat Resistance Lv.1} advanced into {Heat Resistance Lv.6}]

....

[Skill upgrade! {Eruption Lv.4} advanced into {Eruption Lv.5} +10% bonus.]

 

[Skill upgrade! {Tyrant Regeneration Lv.12}]

 

advanced into {Tyrant Regeneration Lv.13}]

 

[Skill upgrade! {Way of the Tyrant Lv.5}

advanced into {Way of the Tyrant Lv.6} +10% bonus.]

 

[Skill upgrade! {Eye of the Tyrant Lv.3} advanced into {Eye of the Tyrant Lv.4}]

 

[Skill upgrade! {Pain Resistance Lv.10} advanced into {Pain Resistance Lv.11}

 

[Skill upgrade! {Physical Resistance Lv. 8} advanced into {Physical Resistance Lv.9}]

 

[Skill upgrade! {Tyrannical Lightning Body Lv.5} advanced into {Tyrannical Lightning Body Lv.6}, +5 for all battle stats, +10% bonus.]

[Tier 1 Lv. 55 Inferno Leopard defeated!]

 

[You defeated an enemy forty-five levels above you, bonus EXP received.]

 

[You defeated a Mana Beast with a rare bloodline, bonus EXP received.]

[Level up! Normal Apprentice Magician Lv. 11, all battle stats.]

 

[Level up! Normal Apprentice Magician Lv. 12, all battle stats +5.]

[Level up! Normal Apprentice Magician Lv.20, all battle stats +5.]

[Due to bringing your body to its limits, you are strengthened. +10 for all battle stats.]

[You meet the requirements for Mana Circulation (Lv. 20 reached, a single or more Lv.20 adversaries killed.) Would you like to undergo Mana Circulation? Y/N. Note: Mana Circulation occurs when a magician reaches the limit of a grade. After successfully undergoing a Mana Circulation, the magician’s stats, their attribute, and skills would be 1.5 times stronger at the same level compared to the previous Circulation.]

“Yes!” Kiera answered without hesitation before she felt the mana inside her Mana Core rotating intensely. Her tattoos pulsed as a violet luster covered her body, shining dazzlingly.

6