The End (Duel of Fates)
55 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dave exits the golden portal and he enters a dark void. Dave's blue eyes look around and he sees window like portals, to all the other Smaug-verses. 

"What is this place?" Dave asks as he looks to a few of the portals.

Dave sees a Smaug and Dave fighting a war, then another one where the two of them spend time with their families. He spots another one where a Smaug is holding the body of a Dave.

Then Dave sees one where another Dave is holding a baby as Elma hugs him from behind.

Then another where a old Smaug and Dave are sitting together watching their great grandchildren play.

"He will destroy all of these." Dave whispers to himself and he looks in front of him.

Far down the dark void is another golden portal. Dave runs for it and after a few minutes he reaches the golden portal and jumps through it.

Dave lands on his hands and knees and he feels grass below him. Dave opens his eyes and sees Grass.

"Weird." Dave looks up and sees a massive forest in front of him, but in the center is a small open hill. Dave narrows his eyes and he sees a table with a laptop sitting on top of the table. "More weird." Dave looks behind him at the golden portal then back to the forest in front of him. "Come on, Smaug's counting on you." Dave gets up and makes his way towards the center of the forest. 

The forest is alive with the sound of animals as Dave walks through it. Dave looks around in awe as a few Blue Morpho Butterflies, fly past him. A couple deer walk past Dave and a crow lands on his head and caws a few times.

"They aren't scared of me." Dave says as he pets a passing tiger. The crow caws and flies off Dave's head. "Just what is this place?"

Dave stops as a few elephants walk past him. A baby elephant walks up to him and Dave pets the baby on its head. The baby elephant makes a happy noise before it trots off.

Dave keeps walking and he comes to the small hill and walks up it as a few birds fly over head. Dave walks up to the table and sees a silver Acer Chromebook. 

Dave tilts his head in confusion as he looks at the laptop, suddenly the screen turns on, causing him to jump back a little.

"What the?" Dave takes a closer look as sees some books of sorts? "'The Dragon Maid's Brother?' 'The Story of Dave?' 'The history of the strongest Dave?' 'The history of the Strongest Smaug?' What is all of this?"

Suddenly a new tab opens and a document comes up and Dave begins to read the bottom of it.

"'As Dave walks through the beautiful forest he is met with all sorts of animals. Ranging from the smallest butterflies to the biggest elephants. Then as he exits the forest he will come to a hill where the Battle Of The Universe will begin.' ... It just stops there."

We shift slightly to see Evil Dave standing a few meters behind Dave. "This place is the center of the universe." 

Dave jumps slightly and spins around and stares down the greatest threat he has faced. "Evil Dave."

Evil Dave points to the laptop. "That thing holds all knowledge of the universe. It also can control any universe, and delete any universe." Evil Dave takes a step forward making Dave take a step back and hitting his back against the table. "I will give you a chance at freedom Dave. Join me and we can rule everything together." He holds his hand out. "Take my hand, boy. Take the deal."

Dave looks down for a few seconds then looks back up with a hateful glare. "No."

Evil Dave lowers his hand. "No?"

"No! I will not side with you, You want to destroy my home, you want to destroy a lot of other innocent people's homes and lives. You want to hurt Smaug and his family. And you want to hurt my precious Elma!" Dave takes a step forward. "I have everyone's hopes riding on me! I have hope to take you down!"

Evil Dave stares at Dave. "... Hope is just a four letter word." His left hand shoots out and a familiar sword materializes in his hand. A sword with a silver blade, with cracks littering the blade and golden guard and handle.

Dave feels a slight dread and he takes a step back. "That sword..."

Evil Dave gains a smug smirk. "The blade that wounded the all Powerful Smaug; twice. A blade that's holy yet cursed at the same time. Forged to kill dragons, even a single nic will leave a scar behind." He points the sword at Dave. "This blade will befall you."

Suddenly Evil appears in front of Dave and he jumps back, barely avoiding a horizontal slice from Evil. Dave lands on the ground holds his right hand out and a sword made of white light appears in his hand.

Dave holds his sword up and blocks a vertical slice from Evil. The force of Evil's swing cracks the ground below the two.

"You should have joined me!" Evil Dave says.

"I've fought an evil version of me already, and I took him down; so I can take you down!" Dave yells and he pushes Evil Dave away and jumps towards him.

Dave swings his sword a few times at Evil, but Evil just moves side to side to avoid the attacks. Then he slides behind Dave and kicks the back of his knees and slams the flat part of the sword into the back of Dave;s head.

Dave flies forward and face plants the ground.

"The other version of you that you fought didn't plan his attacks." Evil Dave walks towards Dave. "He just stole power and went on his conquest." Dave turns around and looks up at Evil. "I've hand hundreds of years to plan my revenge!"

Evil Dave swings his sword down at Dave. Dave rolls to the side and jumps up, only to receive a blast of fire magic to the gut and he goes flying into the forest and slams into a tree. 

Dave slides to the ground and lands on his feet and coughs a few times. "That was Smaug's magic. How did he get it?"

Evil Dave walks down the hill towards Dave. "They say you are the strongest Dave, but I'm kicking your ass!"

Evil slams his feet into the ground and jumps toward Dave. Dave moves to the side as Evil's blade slams into the ground next to him. Dave's golden tail smacks into Evil Dave's face and he stumbles back.

"HA! You got smacked!" Dave laughs.

Evil Dave looks towards Dave with a growl, there is a small cut if on his right cheek. 

Suddenly Evil appears in front of Dave and kicks him in the face, sending him flying further into the forest. Dave lands on the ground and slides a few feet. Animals scatter away as Dave gets up and rubs his cheek. 

Dave's pupils shrink and he brings up his sword and blocks Evil's sword.

"I've had years to particle for this moment." Evil Dave puts more force into his attack, causing Dave's arms to shake. "My will, will be absolute!" 

Dave grunts and he jumps back and Evil's blade slams into the ground, causing a crater to form. Dave then jumps forward and slams his palm into Evil's stomach and he blasts Evil with his time magic. Sending Evil flying up into the air and slamming back into the ground.

Evil roughly coughs a few times and spits out some blood as he stands up.

"I may not look like it, but I can fight!" Dave shouts and he holds his left hand up and a few white swords appear in the air. "Smaug has helped me train a few times, but I'm mostly self taught!" Dave throws his left hand out towards Evil and the the swords fly at Evil Dave.

Evil Dave smiles and begins running towards Dave. As the swords reach Evil he quickly strafing to the side to avoid them and even deflecting a few with his sword. Dave grunts as he forms more floating swords around him and launches them at Evil. 

Evil keeps deflecting the swords and he jumps up into the air and aims his sword down at Dave. Dave's eyes widen and he barley moves to the side as Evil's sword slams into the ground next to him.

Dave ducks and avoids Evil's golden tail, only to receive a knee to the face. Dave stumbles back and grabs Evil's fist that was flying at him.

Dave then pulls Evil forward and headbutts him and the two Dave stumble away from each other.

The two Dave looks up at each other in hatred as blood drips from their noses.

Evil Dave wipes the blood away from his nose with his thumb. "That was a good hit."

Dave wipes the blood away from his nose with his fist. "I'm not as stupid as I look."

Evil Dave chuckles and points his sword up into the air. "There's still a debate on that." Suddenly Evil's sword glows bright orange and he swings his sword at Dave.

Orange slashes fly through the air and Dave back flips to avoid it and he brings his sword up and deflects another orange slash. Then he ducks as Evil Dave appears in front of his and slashes the air horizontally. 

Dave round house kicks Evil in the stomach and then swings his sword and hits Evil away from him.

Evil Dave flies through the forest and slams against a tree, knocking it over as he falls on the ground. Evil groans as he stands up and uses his sword for support. There's a small gash on his chest and blood seeps out of it.

Evil coughs a few times as he struggles to stay standing for a few seconds then he gets his bearings and he looks ahead to see Dave walk out from behind a tree.

"Lucky hit." Evil Dave mumbles as he readies his sword.

"I'm full of luck." Dave retorts. 

Evil just scoffs and he lowers to the ground and takes off flying towards Dave. Dave brings up his sword and deflects the attack and tries to stab Evil, but a blast of fire hits Dave and he jumps back and yells as the sleeve of his shirt is on fire.

"Fire! FIRE!" Dave yells as he swings his arm around and pats out the fire. Dave takes a sigh of relief and then gets hit in the face with the pommel of Evil's sword. 

Dave falls to the ground and puts a hand on his cheek as some blood drips to the forest floor from a wound on his cheek. 

Dave then rolls to the side as Evil's sword pierces the ground where his head was. Dave then sweeps Evil's legs with his tail, causing Evil to fall on his back.

Dave jumps to his feet and tries to stab Evil, only to get kicked in the gut and sent flying a couple feet.

Evil Dave rolls onto his side and coughs a few times and spits out some blood as he stands up. Dave gets up with a groan and spits out some blood as well.

The two Dave's look at each other then give out a battle cry as they charge at each other. Their swords clash with each other, casing the ground below them cracks. 

"This ends here." Evil Dave comments.

"Yeah, with me winning." Dave says.

The two push each other back and yell as they swing their blades at each other as they pass by. The two land a few meters from each other and stay still for a few seconds. 

Dave falls to the ground as he clutches the left side of his face. His sword dissipates into white particles. 

Evil Dave hunches over and uses his sword as support as he takes a few deep breaths. He turns to Dave. "I told you, My will is absolute."

He walks over to Dave as he struggles to get up. Evil Dave reaches Dave and he kicks him in the side. "You!" Kick "Should!" Kick "Have!" Kick "Joined!" Kick "ME!" Kick

Dave coughs up some blood as Evil gives him one last kick to Dave's side. 

Dave spits some blood on Evil's shoe. "Fuck... off..."

Evil growls down at Dave. "You are just a stupid naive dragon." Dave just growls at him. "Stubborn to the very end."

Evil Dave raises his sword, with the tip pointed down at Dave. Dave just closes his eyes and looks down.

"I pity you." Evil Dave says as he brings the sword down on Dave.

 

 

 

But no pain came

Dave opens his eyes and looks up to see Smaug standing in front of Dave, with Evil's sword going through his left hand.

"Smaug?" Dave asks.

"HOW?!" Evil Dave yells.

Smaug smirks. "Did you think that I'm only strong with magic?"

Smaug kicks Evil Dave away, which also causes the blade to be ripped out of his hand. Blood pours out of Smaug's left hand and he clenches it as he looks at Dave. 

"Are you okay?" Smaug asks.

Dave slowly stands up as blood drips down his left eye and he gives Smaug a nod. "Yeah, just sore and in pain."

"Let's deal with this idiotic dragon." Smaug says to Dave and he gets a nod in response. 

Suddenly Evil Dave starts to laugh and the two Dragon Gods look at him.

"HAHAHA! You idiots!" Evil Dave yells as he pulls two vials out of his shirt.

One vial has a red liquid that glows red and orange. The other vial has a red liquid that has white glowing particles in it.

Evil opens both vials and drinks them and a white an red aura surrounds him as he laughs.

"Uh oh." Dave says.

"This just got a lot harder." Smaug mumbles.

Evil Dave tosses the vials to the side and the glass vials shatter. Evil Dave's wounds heal as he stares the two down.

"I'm gonna be the king of the Smaug--- No the Dave-verse!" Evil yells at the two.

Smaug scoffs. "What's a king to a god?"

Evil Dave lunges towards the two, prepared to swing at them. "AND WHAT'S A GOD TO A NON-BELIEVER!" 

Smaug grabs Dave with his tail and then he jumps back, dragging Dave with him, as the two move away from Evil Dave's strike. 

Dave and Smaug land a few meters from Evil Dave.

"He's gone through a power up." Dave says.

"He got stronger by drinking our blood." Smaug states. "I really need to be careful who has my blood from now on."

Evil Dave looks up at the two and his one blue eyes have turned to a red, with a dangerous look in them. He takes a step forward and stumbles a bit. "This power... It feels AMAZING!" He holds his hand out and a ball of red and white magic appears and he launches it at the two.

"Shit!" Smaug yells as he uses his tail to throw Dave away as he jumps in the opposite direction.

"This is what it feels to be a god!" Evil Dave yells as he appears in front of Smaug and brings his sword down on him.

A glaive made out of fire appears in Smaug's hand and he blocks the sword, barely. "You're insane!"

Evil Dave gives Smaug a dangerous smile. "I'm not insane, just enlightened with power!"

Smaug grunts as Evil Dave puts more force into the sword, causing Smaug to be pushed to the ground. 

But Dave comes and kicks Evil off of Smaug and Evil goes flying into the forest, knocking down a few trees while at it.

Smaug falls to the ground as he takes a breath of relief, then he jumps up and stands next to Dave.

"He's gone crazy." Dave comments.

"No one can handle the power of two dragon gods at once, especially mine." Smaug states. 

Dave holds his hand out and a sword made of white light appears. "Well, I'm ready."

Suddenly Evil Dave bursts out of the forest and flies towards the two. Both Dragon Gods holds up their weapons and block Evil's attack.

"I don't care if there's two of you now, I will kill you both and destroy your universe!" Evil Shouts.

"Like hell you will!" Smaug and Dave yell and they push Evil away.

Evil Dave stumbles back and Smaug runs forward and hits him with the handle of his glaive. Then Dave jumps over Smaug and kicks Evil in the head. Evil slams into the ground and Smaug slams his foot into Evil's stomach, making him cough up blood.

Then Dave lifts Evil by the neck and throws him into a tree.

Evil Dave groans and he shakily gets up and uses his sword for support. "I've spent years planning this out, I thought everything out perfectly!" He  looks up at the two as some blood falls from his head. "How are you besting me! I trained for this, I did everything!"

Smaug gives him a smug smile and takes a couple steps forward. "There's one thing you don't know."

"AND WHAT IS THAT!" Evil yells in anger.

Smaug points at himself with his thumb. "I never lose."

Evil Dave yells in anger and charges at Smaug. Smaug smirks as Evil Dave reaches him and he ducks under Evil's attack, showing Dave right behind Smaug with his sword held back.

Dave brings his sword forward and slashes Evil across the chest and Evil flies past the two and face plants the ground. 

Smaug gives Dave a thumbs up and Dave looks at Smaug in awe.

Evil Dave groans as he rolls onto his back and looks up to the sky. "I sacrificed everything for this. My friends, my family... my Elma." Smaug and Dave reach Evil and look down at him. "I SACRIFICED EVERYTHING! Why am I not winning then!"

"That's the thing." Smaug starts and Evil looks at him. "You sacrificed everything for revenge. You have nothing to really fight for while we have everything to fight for."

"Yeah!" Dave shouts. "Never mess with our family." 

Both Smaug and Dave bring up a foot and then slam it down onto Evil's face, knocking him out. 

The two stare down at Evil Dave then they both let out breathes of relief. Dave stumbles back and falls to the ground.

"I'm so tired!" Dave yells.

"I can barely stand." Smaug comments as his legs shake a few times.

"What are we gonna do with him? Kill him?"

Smaug looks down at Evil Dave.

"But not everyone needs to die! Some can be saved!" Haru's voice rings in Smaug's head.

Smaug hands curl into fists as he grits his teeth. "No, not this time."

Dave looks at Smaug in slight surprise. "Really?"

Smaug looks at Dave. "Yeah, we'll let the council deal with him."

Dave falls onto his back. "That saves us from a lot of work." Dave closes his eyes. "I'm so tired and I want Elma." He wipes some blood from his left eye.

Smaug looks down to his left hand. Blood is still dripping out from his hand and he grits his teeth in pain.

Smaug looks to his side and up the hill to the computer. 'It's weird that my entire universe is controlled by a laptop.' He thinks to himself. 'I wonder if someone is using it or does it just have a mind of its own?' 

Dave groans as he stands up and walks over to Smaug. "I'm ready."

Smaug nods to Dave and walks over to Evil and grabs him by the tail. "We better go then, I don't know how much longer those golden portals will be up for."

"Right."

The two Dragon Gods walk towards the golden portal, while Smaug drags Evil Dave by the tail.

A few days later

In the human world we see a restaurant and inside the restaurant we see a drunk Kobayashi and Takiya both arguing over something about maids. Tohru is happily sitting next to Kobayashi while Fafnir sits next to Takiya. 

Smaug is off to the side with Kanna in his lap, getting headpats from him. Lucoa and Ilulu are at his sides, hugging his arms. 

And across from Smaug is Dave with Elma right next to him.

Dave now has a thing scar running down his left eye. (It's Weiss' scar from RWBY.)

Smaug looks down at his left hand and to the new large scar he has on his palm. Then he looks back up to Dave and the two make eye contact and nod to each other. 

.

.

.

.

In the dragon realm we see a familiar bunny wake up from his coma. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-07-2022

3403 words

0