Chapter 5: Sentence
153 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“... That decided-“ The principal sighed deeply and as she was about to give me my sentence-

 

“Can I have a word?” An unknown voice interrupted.

 

Surprised, everyone turned to the voice.

Standing near the entrance was a man standing with arms crossed. He looked to be in his 30s with long golden hair and long ears like an elf.

 

“Well, Isn’t it the one and only high elf himself” (The principal)

 

chatter chatter- The room got noisy.

 

“L-l-l-lord High Elf!” Vulnar and the other elves in the room reacted to the high elf as if they had just seen a ghost.

 

 

Elves in this world do grow old like humans. The average life span of an elf was around 140 years. While longer than an average human’s, it was not as long as what is usually depicted in other fiction. 

The only elf who did not age and had a long life span was the high elf. This man was the only high elf in the world. Nobody knew his name, so people just referred to him as ‘High Elf’.

Normal elves revered him like a god.

 

He was also the only Aura user who can match the Aura Lord.

And despite having greater power, he never involved himself in politics or wars and reclused himself in his tower and rarely came out.

 

 

“Good morning.” He casually walked toward us. He stopped and just stood beside me.

 

“This is a surprise. How long has it been since the last time we’ve met?” (Principal)

 

“Probably 40 years now~ You’ve grown up so much Noella” (High Elf)

 

“You haven’t changed a bit, my dear master...” (Noella)

 

They started talking like old friends. The High Elf seemed to be the principal’s master, and her name was Noella.

 

“So what brings you here today, my master?” (Noella)

 

“I was just passing by, but this situation caught my interest, so I decided to take a look.” (High Elf)

 

“How long have you been here?” (Noella)

 

“I’ve been listening for a while now. It pains my heart to see such a promising youth lose his life over a minor mistake.” (High Elf)

 

chatter chatter

His statement took the crowd by surprise.

 

‘This guy... is he defending me?’ I thought to myself as all the hope I lost returned to me.

 

“M-minor mistake!? This guy dared to lay his filthy hands on our Rosana! A-are you saying that we should forgive him!?” (Vulnar)

 

Vulnar finally overcame his shock of seeing the High Elf, chimed in.

 

 

“No, I’m just saying that maybe we can give him a second chance. Or are you doubting my judgment?” the High Elf stared down at Vulnar and the elves.

 

“N-no, I do not dare to...” They instantly froze.

 

“What is it, are you suggesting?” (Noella)

 

“Instead of just downright executing him, how about sending him to The Central Island?” The High Elf made a suggestion.

 

Everyone was stunned by the suggestion.

 

 

“C-central Island, you say?” My sister finally opened her mouth.

 

“The central point of this world, the most dangerous and the only place that has yet to be explored by mankind. That is The Central Island.” The High Elf replied, explaining about the said ‘Central Island’.

 

“Shall this young man die on that island, so be it. But if he somehow survives despite all odds- I’m sure he will learn from his mistake, grow stronger and hopefully become a better person one day.” (High Elf)

 

The principal looked at everybody in the room. Even the elves remained silent. Vulnar bit his lip as he stared at Lord Adler. Lord Adler still remained silent with his eyes closed.

Nobody dared to oppose the High Elf’s statement.

 

“I see... It’s decided! Lynn Adler, from now on you will serve a life sentence on The Central Island!” The principal, Noella, stated my sentence loud and clear to everyone in the room.

 

 

Tab!

 

“The court is now adjourned!” The principal tabbed her desk one last time, ending the trial.

 

Chatter chatter-

 

Everyone started to leave the principal’s office while chatting among themselves. Vulnar angrily stomped out, with the elves following him in tow.

 

 

‘You should thank your father for it.’ The High Elf’s voice resounded in my head.

 

‘...What? is this some kind of telepathy?’ I turned to him. He just smiled at me and left.

 

I looked at Lord Adler, my father as he was getting up and leaving, with my sister followed behind him.

 

‘This old man... despite what he said, he still helps me...’ He somehow even managed to get the almighty High Elf to help. Turned out this man was quite a doting father.

 

‘No wonder Lynn turned out to be such a piece of shit.’ This old man must’ve spoiled him rotten.

Looking at his figure leaving, I thanked him in my mind.

 

 

It would certainly be challenging, but I had this system to help me. I could always level up and raise my stats to become stronger somehow... probably...

The Central Island, the most dangerous place in the world... but it’s still better than certain death.

 

4