Chapter 7: First Battle
341 9 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Following the man, we were led to a cafeteria. I looked around. There were many prisoners walking around and eating among themselves. There were also guards standing around.

The food for prisoners here comprised mostly a bowl of soup with some vegetables in it and bread.

 

Most of the prisoners were males, but there were also a few females here. The prison was divided into male and female prisons, but they shared the same cafeteria.

 

We finally stopped in front of a group of prisoners. I recognized a few of them as we boarded the same ship, but most of them were faces I didn’t recognize. These guys were the old prisoners. All of them were standing, beside one man. He seemed to be the leader of the group.

 

Sitting with a smile on his face was a short and half-elf with short brown hair.

 

This half-elf was the boss of this gang of prisoners.

 

“Can you use Aura?” Not wasting any time, he asked us.

 

“huh? A-Aura? No, I can’t use it…” Vince was perplexed by the sudden question but answered anyway.

 

“Test him.” The half-elf gave an order.

 

One of the guys behind him walked forward and punched Vince in the face. He was the man who led us here. He was a bald, muscular man in his 40s.

 

Bam-

Vince fell over. The man started kicking him while he was on the ground.

 

“If you can Aura, use it to defend yourself.” The half-elf spoke in a monotone voice like he had done this countless times before.

 

“I-I really can’t use it! I’m sorry, please stop it!” Vince cried out and begged him to stop.

 

“Boo-“

“What are you doing!? fight back!”

“You wimp-“

The crowds laughed and ridiculed Vince as the man continuously kicked him until he fell unconscious

 

“I don’t think he lied.” The man who kicked Vince finally stopped and turned to the half-elf.

 

“Too bad… what about you?” The half-elf turned toward me and asked.

 

‘You get your ass kicked if you can’t use Aura?’ The sign of Vince’s unconscious body laying on the ground with bruises all over his body didn’t invoke any empathy from me at all.

 

“Yeah, I can use Aura.” Not wanting to get my ass kicked, I answered honestly.

 

“Great! Now, prove it” the half-elf asked me to prove it.

 

“Why do I have to?” I asked him back.

 

“If you can prove that you can use Aura, I will let you become my underling.” He answered naturally.

 

“... No” Not wanting to be a part of any gang, I refused.

 

There were also a few guards standing around. Hoping they will intervene, I turned to the guards. I made eye contact with the guards, but they ignored me. They were just standing there and watching all this without doing anything about it.

 

“Don’t bother. The guards won’t help you. As long as we don’t kill each other, anything else will be overlooked.” The half-elf spoke.

 

This gang was made up of aura users among the prisoner. And this half-elf, the Boss, somehow even managed to make the guards turn a blind eye from him and his gang.

 

“Once in a while, a guy like you would show up... Make him prove it” The half-elf turned to the guy who just kicked Vince unconscious and commanded him.

 

“It’s fine as long as I don’t kill him, right?” The man cracked his knuckles as he smiled at me.

 

“Yeah” the half-elf gave a green light.

 

“Boss was generous enough to let you join us. How dare you refuse him!? I won’t kill you but I’ll make sure to break every single bone in your body!” Saying all that as he threw his punch at me.

 

 

‘Shit! Here comes my first battle!’ I didn’t expect to have my first battle here.

 

Quickly, I opened my Status Screen and allocated all my 3 stat bonuses into Physique. The Physique stat was a combination of strength, dexterity, stamina, endurance, vitality, pretty much it enhanced your overall body in every aspect.

 

All the stats worked along the line of something like this:

 

  • 5 = Average
  • 10 = Exceptional
  • 15 = Genius
  • 20 = Master
  • 25 and above = Unparalleled

 

STATUS

Name: Lynn Adler

Race: Human

Age: 17

Class: Conjurer

Aura Type: Basic

Level: 3/30

Aura point: 0/900

Stat bonus: 3 → 0

Stats:

  • Physique: 5 → 8
  • Perception: 4
  • Aura: 8

Skills:

  • Aura Bullet
  • Aura Shield
  • Elementary Swordsmanship

Title: Bully, Womanizer, Rapist, Waste of skin, Other-Worlder

 

Instantly, I could feel my body become stronger.

I caught his incoming fist easily. Even though his body was much bigger than mine, I felt like I could now match his strength.

 

 

“Oh” Surprised that I could catch his fist, he exclaimed.

 

This guy was much taller and more muscular than me. But with my newly improved body, I could match him.

 

“Then, how about this!” Just as I was feeling proud of my new strength, his fist glowed blue as he pushed it forward.

 

‘W-what? Is this Aura!?’ I started to lose my grip as he kept pushing his glowing fist forward. I raised my other hand and grabbed his fist. Even with both hands, I couldn’t stop him.

 

He was also an aura user, an enhancer. The type of aura users that used aura to enhance their body, unlike me, a conjurer.

 

‘What’s the point in putting as those stats in Physique if a random Enhancer can just best me this easily!?’ I felt stupid for putting all those stats in Physique.

 

“Is that all you got!? Come on, try harder!” he laughed like he was having a good time. He was using only one hand like he was just playing with me.

 

A blue glowing shield appeared, floating in front of me. It was an aura shield, one of the only two spells I could use. I created an aura shield right in front of my face, hoping it to stop the incoming punch.

 

I knew how to use this spell despite having never used it before. I didn’t inherit any memories of the previous Lynn, but this body still clearly remembered how to use Aura.

 

 

 

With little effort, he broke through my grips. Then his fist hit the Aura Shield, shattering it easily.

 

Bam!

 

His fist landed on my face. With a loud ‘bam’ my body was thrown away, hitting one of the tables in the cafeteria.

 

“So, you’re a Conjurer.” The half-elf, who was watching, exclaimed.

 

‘Dammit!’ despite getting punched in the face with an Aura-enhanced fist, it didn’t hurt as much. The Shield couldn’t stop his punch but it seemed to have at least absorbed some force from the punch. Otherwise, I would get knocked out instantly.

 

“Kuhh!” Grunted, I pointed my index finger at him. A glowing blue bullet formed at the tip of my index finger and shot at him.

 

Bang

 

This time, I shot an Aura Bullet at him.

 

Clink-

 

The bullet I shot did nothing. He easily punched it away.

 

Bang bang-

 

I shot a few more bullets at him as he dashed toward me, laughing like a maniac.

 

Clink clink-

 

“You think you’re special just because you can use Aura!? You’re not the only one who can use it!” Again he punched away my bullets with his aura-enhanced fist.

 

I shot another bullet, this time lower-

 

Clink-

 

His leg also glowed blue as he easily kicked the bullet away with his leg. He enhanced his leg with Aura as well.

 

“You idiot! These low-level spells can never stop me!” he taunted me.

 

‘If he reaches me- I’m dead meat!’ Even with my supposedly ‘good physique’, I was still no match against an Enhancer who could enhance their body with aura.

 

“Eat this!” Not giving up, this time I picked a chair lying around and threw it at him.

 

Boom

 

“IT’S USELESS!!” The chair I threw blew up to pieces with a single punch from him.

 

But in the next moment-

 

 

 

He stopped. Blood spurted out from his forehead.

 

“W-what happened?” The sudden development stunned the crowd.

 

They all had expected him to just destroy me with ease. Nobody saw this outcome.

 

“So, these low-level spells can stop you after all.” Right after I threw the chair, I shot another bullet behind it.

 

With the chair hindering his vision, he could not see the bullet coming. He punched away the chair, but the bullet right behind it hit him in the middle of his forehead, killing him instantly.

 

 

 

Thud!

 

His lifeless body fell to the ground with a loud thud.

 

“I told you not to kill each other!” A few guards were running this way, finally intervened.

 

‘Ha-hah- hah... I won…’ Breathing heavily, I looked at the notifications in front of me.

 

 

You’ve earned 1000 aura points!
You’ve leveled up!
Level: 3/30 → 4/30
+1 stat bonus

 

You’ve made your first kill!
one additional stat bonus will be given.
+1 stat bonus

 

‘So, I get one stat bonus every time I level up. Aura Point is like experience, I need it to level up. And I can get Aura Point from killing people as well…’

 

3