Chapter 46
199 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Filnon returned some hours later, thoroughly contented with what she had just gotten up to with her axe-hammer. The hours had been spent by Estaria pondering about weapons of divinity. The ones she knew of were the Hammer Filnon had now and Ghal Muraz, Sigmar’s Hammer. And when drunk, Dawi used to swear by The Axes Of Gangrene, or something like that. There was still a day till Middenhiem was repaired, but Estaria didn’t want to do anything in case the city got attacked and Filnon had to defend by herself. A Field Dungeon some forty miles away was different, since Filnon had incredible running speed and would get a popup if Middenhiem was being attacked. But, Estaria wasn’t sure if she’d get that in the dungeon.

 

So instead she sat around and waited, watching the horizon for a reprisal that never came. Of course, the ruins of Middenhiem weren’t exactly the first place to check for a lone woman who could pull people out of thin air. And when you couldn’t run at a crazy high speed, this Province was a big one. Which meant nothing was coming today. Filnon came back and for the first time in a long time, they just sat together and watched the sun rise. It was romantic, and it was subtle, which was nice on both parts. Considering how their relationship started, and how much system-assisted bullshit and psychological fuckery went into it, it really wasn’t something that should have survived. And in any other situation, it wouldn’t have. The System had changed her mind as much as it had changed her body. But it had also changed Filnon. Would Estaria have fallen for her if she was still as Druchii as when they first met? The gentle slide was very gentle and hard to spot for anyone looking in, but she was different now.

 

When Middenhiem was finished, she got a popup along with audio. Which, was new. She didn’t think this thing had ever done audio before. A great deal of information was vomited into her eyes. Production, Garrison, Upkeep, Building Slots, Defensive Strength, Rally Chance - a chance to have people turn up and add to the pool - How much it contributed to incursion defenses in raw numbers and how much it contributed in percentage as well as the synergies that her class gave her. She felt like if she tried to look over it all she’d go mad and end up a gibbering wreck fed soup by Filnon. One glaring through she did notice, however, was a change in name.

 

Estaria Nightfury, Wolf Emperor Of Middenland

 

“Great. Just make me a monarch why don’t you. Starting the Age Of Three Emperors all over again. Which is about right. That was the last time an Everchosen was here” Estaria spoke mostly to herself, and mostly to the screen, before shaking her head. She’d deal with that later. Right now, she just needed her city up and running. And that wasn’t going too badly. There were a fair amount of people around now, a garrison of some six hundred men. Not a great deal for a castle this size, but that was the level 0 garrison. Instead of looking at everything at once and trying to learn it, she chunked the screen and picked up the perk boons first.

 

National Boons:


Middenland - A wintery land of fierce men and staunch religious devotion, Middenland produces arguably the greatest melee troops in the Empire. However, due to the religious beliefs, ranged weaponry is shunned and looked down upon. Spawn Middenland Swordsmen instead of Swordsmen. 0.5x ranged troop spawn.

 

Ruler Perks:

Captain A Captian inspires men to glory, and thus pulls in more than the average man - 1.5x troops recruited a day

Greatswordsman Greatswordsmen are a rarity in the world, but they do flock around a brother, opening avenues the average man would have to work thrice as hard to even know - allow Greatswords to be recruited outright

Child Of Khaine Blood shall sing to the Blood. Wyches follow the Child, and are easy to call in number when required - Religion not Dominant, perks negated

 

Oof, that was sad. Estaria couldn’t get the White Wolf Templars that Middenhiem was famous for because she was Khaine instead. Bloody person messing with the system denying her awesome knight people. Still, no point crying over spilt blood, and so she moved on to the building slots.. One slot was open with three others locked behind increasingly expensive costs. But, Estaria was crazy rich and Filnon had donated a great deal of money to the treasury. So she bought all the slots and looked through the buildings she could buy. Eventually picking up the four.

 

Improved Garrison - Larger rooms, better organization, and greater funding allows for a larger garrison in the castle. Increase Garrison count from 600 to 800

Swordsmen Barracks - A place for the backbone of the army to lay their head, this basic barracks allows for the housing of Swordsmen. Spawn 60 Swordsmen a day for use in the expedition army or defense

Wall Emplacements - Emplaced weaponry built into the walls to allow for some counterfire while under siege. Create wall-mounted cannons for counter-artillery

Firing Range - training and storage for ammo of most projectile based weaponry is found here. Spawn 60 Huntsman a day for the use in expedition army or defense.

 

The defense of the city was important, but also getting some troops down would help her if anyone came to attack. Plus, with a good enough army, she could probably leave here to go elsewhere or run a dungeon for the exp and or money. With Filnon on construction, they would all take a day to be finished, so it seemed Estaria was sat around here some more. People would be coming in soon though. Nearly a hundred Middenland Swordsmen and thirty archers a day. Soon - ish, at least - she would have an army with which to take back Norden in the proper manner, not the terrible failure manner of last time.

 

 

 

* * * * * * * * *

 

At the same time as Estaria was playing about with her building minigame, the Chosen Of Sigmar, Valten, walked into the throne room of Nuln. The Elector Countess Emmanuelle von Liebwitz was most happy to shelter The Emperor after Altdorf was razed, which did nothing for the rumors that the two were copulating in secret. Still, it mattered not to him, only that Karl Franz survived. The Empire needed the man, now more than ever. And that was why he marched into the room now.

“Your Majesty! My Blessing of Sigmar has alerted me to a strange new portence! Middenhiem has been reclaimed, by a being calling themselves The Wolf Emperor!” The large man’s powerful voice boomed across the hall, ensuring he was heard above the chatter of the courtiers and the talk of minor nobles. Karl silenced the room with a wave, and looked up to Valten, with mixed emotions.

“While it is good news that Middenhiem is reclaimed, the name sparks memories of great discourse. Take a detachment of Reiksguard and head to Middenhiem at once. Bring me news of this Wolf Emperor. The person themselves, if at all possible” He ordered. Valten nodded, and left immediately, to Middenhiem, curiosity as much as duty driving his steps.

6