Prologue
136 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Riiiiiing 

 

The bell rang loudly as the teacher started to clean up her desk before turning her attention to her students, 

"Alright guys! Class is dismissed, don't forget to answer your homework okay?"

"Hai, Sensei~" 

replied the students, packing up their things and putting them inside their bags, Everyone started walking and falling into place beside their respective group of friends leaving the room one by one as they talk about what to do for the rest of their day- 

Well, everyone but me. 

 

My name is Minami Sakurako and I'm an orphan, my daily life consist of me waking up and eating breakfast and then taking a quick shower before dressing up in my uniform and walk myself to school, School is school and I have no problems in it. I have little to zero friends and no person to talk to but myself. Thus, being alone is part of my daily routine- or maybe my whole life. 

I finally finished packing my own things and closed my bag. I stood up and out of the classroom as I start to hum a song I heard once while buying ingredients for my dinner, I closed my eyes while walking down the hall as I tune out the noisy voices of other students talking, shouting or whatever they were doing. 

Reaching the doors, I go to my own locker and change my shoes into the ones used for the outside, and after closing my locker I walked out of school out the gates. 

I confirmed I was already out- or felt like it. It was part of my daily routine so I'd know whether or not I was already out of the gate- I opened my eyes as I continue to walk down the sidelines that would undoubtedly lead me to where my humble home is, It was just an apartment though. 

Walking to reach there would take at least five more minutes and my brain can't handle not doing anything till then so as part of my routine, I look around me and observe people go on about their lives which varies from adults walking home from work- or were they walking to their workplace? - to students eating in shops or restaurants, others shopping and spending money to other strangers that were minding their own business. Doing this has been part of my routine for so long it may as well be a hobby, observing them eat or play or talk or walk or shop or maybe just standing there. . . .That's not stalker-ish okay? it is perfectly normal. 

I just see them as people who are starring in their own story to live, that whatever they were doing now is just another thing that would lead them to a future. Whether that future was far or near is just something they'll have to look forward to. 

I continue walking down the street only stopping in front of a crossing lane when the traffic sign was still red. Waiting for the light to turn green is taking a bit long as I can't tune out the world's noise anymore and everything came rushing into my ear as I hear talking, the sound of people's steps including the sound of the engine from the vehicles. 

Oh and that's not all. I also hear laughter, One that was faint getting louder and louder letting me know that whoever was laughing was nearing the place where I am. 

I turned around and confirmed that the laughter was from two girls, or more like, from the girl that was being chased by her friend. they were middle schoolers, playing chase with each other. not sure if they were playing or just plain chasing though. They tried their best to avoid bumping into someone and apologizing quickly and then continue running when they do.

You know, running around in a place like this is very dangerous so I suggest you guys stop- is what I would be saying if not for the fact that I have no courage to do so let alone approach them. so I merely continue to watch them, 

The one being chased found herself stopping beside me and turning around to her friend yelling for her to stop running, but it was already too late for when the girl stopped, she had already bumped into her friend, shoving the other girl onto the road as she fell, butt first onto the ground letting out an "Ouch!" as she did so. 

"Ah, sorry Micchan!" 

Oh, so this girl was 'Micchan' huh. I looked at the now identified girl as she stood up and started to dust off the dirt on her butt when she heard a loud "HONK!" beside her. Her eyes widen in shock and then turned into fear as she noticed the truck coming closer and closer. Her friend was already shouting and yelling at her to move out of the way but the girl heard none of it as fear paralyzed her body into staying in place. 

I don't really want to see a person dying in front of me so I'll just. . .close my eyes.

'What a poor girl~ This young and you're already going to die? It really is sad just how cruel this world can be' 

Ah, but such was the way of the world. no one in this reality can escape death, right now we are only living and delaying death which would sure come for anyone and everyone. Death is Life's destiny after all. 

Thinking of the girl's death-tiny, Pfft get it?

. . . .

Ahem, yeah I'm sorry, not the time. couldn't help it. 

Ah~ Anyways, is it done yet? I feel like it's been long enough. 

So I opened my eyes. but what greeted me was not a dead girl but the same girl on the ground looking up at me in shock, looking perfectly fine like she wasn't hurt at all. 

'Why's she on the ground?' 

Ah wait, did someone push her or something? Makes sense if that was it. but wait, If someone pushed her out of the way, where's that person? I can't see them anywhere at all. Also that girl's still looking at me. 

Eh? 

. . .

". .Oh" 

HONK! 

I looked to my right, the truck was already a few centimeters close before it crashed and hit me. The impact sent me flying meters away as I heard screaming and crying, 

 

' That. . .hurts. . ' 

My body moved by itself without my permission! and now I'm dying. Okay, I may have talked about death being life's destiny and all but I wasn't asking for my own death! 

'Ouch. . .' 

I sighed as my body felt too numb to feel the pain, too tired to think and too broken to fix. 

'Haaah. . .This life of mine' 

 


 

Okay. . .

So apparently, dying does not mean you stop existing or at least that's the idea I get from where I am. As clear as it is, I am definitely still here and existing. Its just that, everything is pitch black. I wonder if this is what blind people see. Wait- who cares what they see or not see? I can't even feel nor move my body at all?! 

Earlier I tried to speak but no words come out of my mouth. If I even have one right now. 

I also tried moving or walking around but like I said, I can't move! 

And then I realized, I can't even blink! Do I not have eyelids anymore? 

Wait, am I even still a human? I clearly died just moments ago. I desperately tried to move or even just do anything but I couldn't. All I could do was stare in this never ending abyss that pulls you in and starts to drive you insane! 

an exaggeration, yes. But I'm desperate! 

This is worse than the pain I felt from dying!, is this supposed to be heaven?? because I'm 100%, no 1000% sure heaven isn't black!  Oh wait, why am I even talking about heaven? it's not like I was certain I'd go to heaven once I die anyways, hell exists too. . .probably.

But I can't do anything here! Its like having eyes but no body!!

Isn't that what this situation is though? 

Shush. 

 

Waaaaah! 

Why?! 

At least give me a somewhat happy afterlife!  

or did karma follow me all the way here? I didn't even do anything to receive karma though?!

[ This is not the afterlife that you speak of, child ]

Uwaah?! 

Who- Who are you?! 

[ I am an entity watching over your world and other more ]

So you're a god? 

Wait- You can hear me! 

[ Indeed I can. for your first question, I guess that is what you call my kind ]

. . .

[ do you wish to live again? ]

What?

[ I asked if you wished to live again ]

I-I can live again? 

[ That is what I am asking of you, do you wish to live again? If not then I will simply give your soul to another 'god' ]

W-wait! I'll take your offer! I want to live again!

[ Good, and while we're on it, is there anything you would like to have? ]

Anything?

[ Yes ]

Then. . .I'd like it if you were to make sure my life would be easier and peaceful please

[ Hmm, Alright. Anything else? ]

Wait, Is it actually fine?

[ It is fine ]

. . .Thank you

[ You are welcome child, now live your second chance ]

Ending our conversation with that, my surroundings faded to white, probably because I'm waking up. I wonder what my new life will be like. I hope it's better than the last one! 

Ehehehehe!

I can't wait!

. .

.

.

-Oh how wrong could I get- 


 

Uhh, so. . .I felt unsatisfied with my work so I'm rewriting it!  Please bear with my selfish decision!

              *Bows

5