Side Chapter 3: Case 2
863 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Start of tragedy: Another Point of View: Perspective: Ightasal Sylzana

Authors note: <<Brackets>> are implied to be universal/world announcements. “Quotes” are character speech. “Italicized text” are thoughts. <single bracket> are displayed to characters.

Edited by: Dragodonv2 and Mitch on discord

An Elven man walks down the halls of a great castle, Rauthum , the fortress in the capital of his country, Ithumeaba. Its proud history was shown with every other step with the display of various treasures and trophies that lined the halls. Plaques sit below the items on display with dates, the name of the item and its history. With every step he took down the hall, he is always filled with the greatest of ambitions to one day wear the crown of this great kingdom he was born to serve.

The name of this man is Ightasal Sylzana, the long black hair of the prince shines even during the darkest night, his black eyes glowing during the day. The prince’s features carried him in the public eye, seen as a handsome devil of royal blood. So much so that people swoon over him over everything he does. The crown prince of the country of Ithumeaba, an absolute patriarchal monarchy. In its roots the princesses of the country often become priestess while the men handle the kingdom and riches therein, becoming the king of the monarchy upon their father’s retirement or death.  The long lives of the elves allow the princes to establish their rule long before they take office, often by the alliances and aggrandizement of their own image while acting as crown prince.

Ightasal has never done wrong... in the public eye... every person in the kingdom believes he is the ideal prince and future king. People often rejoice when he is seen acting in public in his duties, offering funds for the poor to support them, or even acquiescing to touring the various orphanages and schools of the kingdom. Though that was only the people’s perspective, even the aides that worked directly in his office  could never see the darkness in his heart.

Ightasal does not worship the god of his country, in fact he worships no god, choosing to ground himself in the world around him instead of kowtowing to the fantastical people in the skys. Unlike his father who only took two wives to which he was faithful, Ightasal has only ever taken slaves for his sexual pleasure. Often the slaves can be found dead through various means by the knights and taken discretely out of the kingdom to be disposed of. He swindles businesses through backend deals to bankrupt them or bring them under his own corporation’s purview. The prince also pays for decadent luxuries from around the world, purchasing things from distant lands or requesting adventuring parties to acquire various things, he cares not about their means even going so far as to order the assassinations of the rivals of his businesses.

The prince smiles, staring at a magic mirror that sat at the end of the hall next to a set of double doors. Despite being what appears to be one plain dressing room mirror, the panel of reflective glass had a magical effect of being able to see his body in a 360-degree manner, controlled with a wave off the hand to spin it.  Such an extravagant artifact was to ensure that his appearance is proper. He fixes his suit and cloak before a guard opens the door to the King’s audience hall.

 

The grand hall is marked with white and green emblems of his kingdom, twin arrows with a leaf at its center. The arrows cross at the tips above the leaf representing their people’s origins from the Mother Tree. Knights line the walls of the hall standing on guard twenty-four hours a day three hundred sixty days a year. Protecting the king’s hall and private chambers. The guards of this hall are considered some of the most elite in the world. The thick columns supporting the ceiling of the hall were roughly five foot in diameter made from some of the strongest metals known to their kind; 20 of these columns line the great hall. A green carpet with runes from every door towards the center of the room up towards the king's raised chair. His father Daelir Eimvimar Sylzana sits upon his throne wearing a green cloak and white suit; it had little decorations due to his father’s conserative nature.

 

Daelir Sylzana is seen by his people as a calm and calculating king who carried the kingdom for the last 300 years since his father’s death. He sports white hair that sits cut off around his shoulder blades wearing a crown of golden leafs of the people’s symbol. He looked to be in his early 40s an older elf for sure, his true age is hinted to be towards the 800’s one of the older elves in the kingdom.

 

Ightasal walked into the grand hall before bowing to one knee per tradition, head down with one palm on his knee. The other palm picked up his sword and dropped it to the side next to him in a specific manner, so the blade is pointed towards himself. An act of loyalty that his own blade may pierce him should he stray. Once the sword was placed, he placed the palm on the ground silently waiting for the king, his father, to speak.

 

King Daelir nodded with a simple nod he spoke with a deep voice.

 

Daelir: “Raise your head crown prince Ightasal.”

 

Ightasal raised his head before speaking out a brilliant response he had rehearsed for hundreds of years.

 

Ightasal: “Hah! I hear and obey your majesty!”

Ightasal places both palms on his chest before returning them to his knee staring up towards his father’s chair. His father had a solemn yet neutral look which presented him as a calm man. The king looks into Ightasal’s eyes before speaking.

 

Daelir: “My son, Ightasal, do you know why I have summoned you?”

 

Ightasal stares back into his father’s eyes before shaking his head in submission, unclear in the least for the summoning, it was unnatural for his father to summon him unless he had a mission. The last mission he was assigned was several decades ago which involved the slaving of a dragon which had taken a nest in one of the villages nearby. He led the army to a complete victory bringing back the lizard’s head.

Ightasal: “No, your highness, I was not informed of the reason for the summoning. I was informed simply that you wished to have an audience with me at once. So, I reported without investigating the call, seeking to arrive as soon as possible.”

Daelir nodded simply towards Ightasal before making a small nod towards a fully armored guard. The guard in green plate mail walks over towards Igthtasal holding a silver scroll. The scroll itself is only used to convey the words of the goddess. Something his sister’s priestesses created to hand down the law. While the kings of the patriarchy handled justice and laws of the mortals, the scrolls of the goddess were treated a step above, sometimes causing laws to forcefully shift. The scroll’s appearance caused Ightasal to frown inside of his mind.

 

Igthtasal: “The hell… Why in the hell is one of those coming out now, just as I was pushing my plans forward to. Does my sister’s spies have that much of a hand in the kingdom?!”

Igthtasal believed not in the goddess, thinking that the priestesses used their connections across the world to keep tabs on the people and kingdoms. Allowing them great sway in the world of elves. Thinking the goddess’s words a sham, Igthtasal picks up the scrolls in hand, unsealing it before reading it to himself.

 

< The goddess has spoken: The First Priestess Nimue will give birth to a child in nine months. The child will have no father and was created by no mortal hands. It is a child blessed upon her. >

 

Igthtasal frowned, reading that even more mentally before putting on his best smile folding the scroll and putting it back on the platter, the guard leaving and returning the scroll to Daelir. The king put the scroll into his cloak to be archived later. Daelir leaned back into his throne before staring down at Igthtasal once more to speak.

 

Daelir: “The gods have blessed First Priestess Nimue. As a father I am ecstatic that I will have a grandchild. As a king of our country, I am troubled by the development. Thus, I have called for you, I am not so free as you are crown prince. Can you imagine why I have called for you? I wish for you to visit First Priestess Nimue in nine months upon the child’s birth. I have been informed that the child will be given rights to be viewed by the future king of our great kingdom. If it is a boy, you are to raise it as your own child, if it is a girl, you are to ensure that she is granted the greatest education and skills possible for our kingdom. This is the will of the goddess.”

 

Igthtasal, once freed from his father’s presence, walked down the hall and towards his quarters a large luxury filled room with various weapons and artifacts that his people had collected for him. He stood in front of a mirror, like the one in the hall in front of the king's audience chamber, with a frown on his face, his fists clenched with anger on his face. The beautiful face of the prince marred with anger and fury.

 

Igthtasal: “Damn her! Getting impregnated and then forcing me to take care of her child! Filthy whore! All she had to do was stay locked up in her temple till her death! If she is going to cause troubles for me and my wealth, then I will ENSURE that the bitch’s child is a proper slut for the people. Goddess of life and birth? I will make the greatest royal condom!”

A heavy laughter could be heard outside the prince’s room, the guards and the maids didn’t respond and continued along their ways. They knew once the prince laughed and made his plans, they didn’t want to get in the way of them.

<Status Card:
NAME: Ightasal Sylzana
TITLE: Crown Prince of Ithumeaba, Pure Blood Elf, Man of Hidden Evil, Non-Believer, Master of Many Dead, Slave Owner, Curse Master, Cruel One, Betrayer, Thief, Murder, Apex of Dark Magic, Apex of Curses, Torturer
RACE: High Elf
Gender: Male
AGE: 312 Years
JOB: Elven Magic Knight
JOB HISTORY: Elven Mage, Elven Knight, Torturer, Elven Rider, Necromancer, Elven Foot Soldier, Curse Mage, Elven Apprentice Mage, Elven Hunter, Soldier, Master Hunter, Apprentice Hunter
Level: 43
Attributes:
Vitality: 500
Mana: 800
Strength: 250
Agility: 400
Endurance: 200
Intelligence: 150

Passive Skills: Princely Aura level: MAX, Calming Aura level: MAX, Peaceful Aura level: Max
Active Skills: Elven Sword Arts level: 5, Elven Bow Art level: 4, Evil Eyes of the Appraiser level: 2, Negotiation level 9
Magic: Fire level 3, Water level 4, Ice level 4, Dark level MAX
Inherited Magic: Curse level MAX
>

Lore: The first title is the only one that appears upon a priest's status invocation. The person themselves can hide other titles with artifacts. So, when a person commits a murder or theft, their title changes to murder or theft. Of course, the prince has a title change artifact which allows him to hide the unsavory titles he has earned. Of course, such hidden titles can be forcefully viewed with higher tiered skills or magics. He has worked as a soldier in the army for a long time, and dabbled with curses and necromancy on the side. If his people found out he would be head hunted with no rest. Though people finding out is slim to none.

 

Your local author releases side chapter, extra extra!

This chapter is a foreshadowing one showing off one of the evils in the world. He is a main that is lustful in nature. Keep in mind, most of his actions won't come till much later on, but there will be more featuring our local mad prince.

Anyways, thank you to everyone who has read the little work I am doing here. Once again you have a double release. I am working hard with Drago to get this story out there with proper editing. Anyways!!! See you again next week, I hope you enjoy this story once more.

22