Side story – After
401 6 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the old woman looked at the court, a lingering nostalgic smile bloomed on her worn-out yet youthful face.

 She'd seen it all through her life, the rapid economic growth that her remote town experienced, as everything changed since she was a teenage girl. The town's now filled with tall buildings, bill-boards for commercial laid down everywhere, and her own culture being replaced with a new one.

 Yet deep inside the forest in the rear of the island, there lies her safe haven, a place for the woman to hang onto, to not be swayed away in the circle of time, and a memorial for the love of her life.

 The woman sat down on the tall grass - a sign of the place being neglected, and immediately felt the physical impact as she groaned out of pain. Her body's tired, and she knew it, she knew that this might be her final trip. Even so, she just let out a sign an complained to herself:

 "What kind of man would run away like that after engraving himself so deeply inside a maiden's heart, coward.".

He wasn't even a living person, but a lost soul that have many things in his life unfinished. Yet his unwavering eyes left her heart thump so much, to this day the woman still wondered why did she fall for such a guy. 

"We spent so much time together, and yet in the end you just go like that huh..." her voiced filled with contempt, seemingly try to hide the sadness behind such complaints. She regretted it all, having met him, played with him, flirted with him, made out with him, only for her to be left behind. But perhaps above all else, she regretted not raising her voice to stop him.

 Even now, she still wondered about what he'd do if she'd stopped him, but she knew it was never possible in the first place for her to do that. How could she be selfish when her dearest was trying to fulfill his last wish?

 But that didn't matter anymore, as the woman felt strength slowly leaving her old body. Her consciousness was fading away, so in her heart she prayed one more time.

"Dear god, please let me see him agai- no, please let me be with him, by his side again. I know this a selfish request, so no matter how long I'll have to wait, or how many trials I gotta face, I'll do it all to be aside him!".

 As her mind became hazier the woman leaned back on the fence, slowing closing her eyes once and for all. Yet her smile still remained, as if saying "you're not getting away this time" to someone faraway. Just like that, she fell into deep slumber one last time...

3