20-The Royal Commandments
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is said that after the death of the evil queen of the phas and the end of the Great War, everyone was glad that they got their freedom back from the oppressive queen and her allies and that the war was finally over.

Unfortunately, that didn't last long, soon after the queen of the phas was dealt with, greed reared its head and the alliances forced by the queen and her allies were disassembled as everyone started stabbing each other in the back.

As the world was still dealing with the aftermath of the previous war and trying to heal, and even before all the key individuals behind the Great War were dealt with, another one began.

The winning races stood up against each other in a matter of months, each of them trying to destroy the other and take the position as the strongest race for themselves; another world war soon began.

As the war was leading the world towards its end, making it seem as if all the races preferred mutual destruction than to lose, a change finally happened in the world, a ruler was born.

The first Alpha, one of the key figures for the fell of the queen of the phas, and one of the most well known and well-received individuals by all the races had disappeared as soon as the war against her was over.

Many people thought that he had been dealt with because of his popularity and his personal power. Actually, many races used that fact as a pretext for starting a war with some other race, 

This man that everyone thought was dead, reappeared again when the war was reaching its peak, and his reappearance ended the war as it was, and opened a new era for Tellor.

The Supreme Ruler, the name given by the masses to the power that the Alpha exhibited after returning.

This power seemed to be tailor-made for the Alpha to deal with the situation the world found itself in after the defeat of the queen of the phas, a power to end the war once and for all.

 

As was recognised from its name, this power made the Alpha the supreme ruler of Tellor, whoever it was, and no matter how many gates they had opened, as soon as they faced the Alpha they would lose their whole power, not being able to resist at all as if they were a loyal servant in front of their master.

The power wasn't single target too either, or had a small range, it had a huge range, and against weak individuals; either weak as in how many gates they had opened, or weak in terms of their will; this power would make them treat the Alpha's words as if they were unignorable divine decrees.

That, along with the Alpha's personal power that increased by an unfathomable degree after his reappearance, to the point that even the combined effort of some of the strongest in Tellor at that time wasn't much of a threat to him, were the elements that made the Alpha a ruler that no one could go against, a perfect king to stop the war and put an end to it.

The Supreme Ruler and a personal power that few if any could match, those two were what made the Alpha who he was, and made people follow him.

And right then, Malonal had shown one of them, and his words implied that he had the other, which put him in the same league as the Alpha, a supreme ruler of Tellor.

With that point sinking in, everyone in the room suddenly remembered what Malonal had said just a few minutes ago, 'does it even matter?' And they understood that the answer to that was no it didn't.

He probably wasn't any rightful heir to the Alpha, and he probably had no right to be in that room with them, but which of them was going to stand up against him, which of them even had the power or ability to do so, as much as they cared, the old Alpha just got replaced by a new one, a weird Coronation of some kind.

the weird pressure coming from deep within their souls disappeared as fast as it came, leaving the people in the meeting room looking at each other in silence.

"Listen," said Malonal, breaking the silence he had made, "the previous Alpha was already old, the Coronation would have happened anytime now anyway, and I'm sure that you all would have accepted it easily and with no problems, what's happening now isn't any different than that. So why don't you just accept things as they are, to deal with this as fast as possible so you can return to your kingdoms soon enough... Believe me, you would want to be there in the shortest time when we are done here."

The people there looked at each other as a forbidding feeling bloomed in their hearts from Malonal's last words.

No one spoke for a while, then just as Nulara thought that no one was going to at all, Amathira suddenly moved forward a bit in her seat, it was a tiny move, barely noticeable, yet it still caught the attention of everyone there and had them concentrate on her:

"King Malonal, what you have shown till now is for sure more than enough for you to be sitting at this table, so I think I'm not overstepping my limits when I say that none of us here have any objections to that, but you should understand that with something like this happening, we would have to deal with a lot of things, and take the bigger picture into consideration..."

Amathira's tone surprised Nulara, even though it still carried the same power and haughtiness that was expected of someone of her status, it wasn't as clear as usual, she gave the feeling as if she was trying to control it, not letting it radiate out of her as it usually would.

Glancing at the other leaders to make sure none of them was going to refute her, Amathira added as she brought her attention again to Malonal with a serious expression and tone:

"... For example, one of the most important things that we should be careful about is how to deal with how you are going to introduce yourself to the public, would you use your race and name or would you say that you are an Alpha..."

Nulara noticed that Amathira's eyes turned sharp when she finished her words as she looked at Malonal, a short while later after nothing seemed to have happened and Malonal just kept on looking at her with his expression not changing at all, a small frown appeared on Amathira's face before she whipped at away as she continued:

"Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean that as a detection to you in any way or form, it's just that the reaction of most people to the death of the Alpha and someone, who's not an Alpha, taking his place is unpredictable and can be of great risk in many ways, and I think that you should take all of that into consideration."

Stares gathered on Malonal when Amathira finished speaking, awaiting his answer.

"There's no need to worry about that, the first Alpha too was in a similar situation, one that was even worst in some ways, back then, no one like him had ever existed and he had to rely on his capabilities to prove himself, I don't see how things are any different for me right now?" Answered Malonal as he lifted his eyebrow at Amathira.

It was only then and after Malonal put it like that that Nulara understood the hidden aspect of Amathira's seemingly innocent question.

If Malonal chose to use the Alpha's name, that would have meant that he might have had something to hide and that he preferred keeping his identity a secret, making the chance that he didn't have the real Supreme Ruler ability, but just something that seemed and acted like it, higher. yet Malonal didn't fall for that, he saw through Amathira's ploy and put things as they were.

While Nulara was still trying to wrap her head around what just happened, Amathira finally responded:

"You are right," she answered in the same tone and with no change in her facial expression, as if she had gotten herself an answer, either way if that answer was good or bad for her, she didn't show, "it seems that I'm still thinking of all of this as something that we should control, hide and be careful of..."

"Humph!"

She was still talking when Midlus humphed audibly, interrupting her, before continuing as he locked stares with her:

"Amathira, I think that you have said enough and that you have already put your point of view on the table, you can now let us, the worthy of being here, speak and lead this discussion to where it should go."

Despite the tone of voice that only held contempt and derision, and the hidden meaning of his words, Amathira didn't react as one would expect, Nulara knew that she was someone who rarely left her emotions control her, lifting her eyebrows at Midlus, she turned to Malonal and said:

"I have said what I wanted, I'll leave my fellow representatives speak for now. though I have a few things to discuss with you in private later, if possible."

At her words, Midlus showed a disgusted expression as he frowned strongly before turning his head away from her. Malonal on his side only nodded at her lightly before answering as he looked at all the others in the room:

"Of course, and that's not just for you alone, if any of you have something they want to talk about after this is done, then you're more than welcomed to meet me then."

After he finished he turned to Midlus who seemed to have been waiting for that as he said hurriedly in what appeared to be a try at showing respect.

"King Malonal, I'm sure that you have other important things for calling us here, and I'm sure that with the recent things happening all around Tellor, most of us have a lot of different and similarly important things to deal with, so why don't we stop playing around the subject and tell us what you mean to do directly, I'm sure that that would be better for most."

"Of course," Answered Malonal in the same previous tone as he nodded lightly, "I have called you here today for two main reasons, the first is of course the matter of me taking the throne, and introducing myself to you, and that's out of the way already... Leaving the second, that's actually linked to the first somehow... As you all know, after each Coronation some small changes are made each time an Alpha takes the throne, like changing the laws and the Royal Commandments..."

From his tone as he said the last part of his words, it was clear that that was the real reason he called them there, but that only made the people there frown in confusion.

The renewal of the Royal Commandments was something insignificant, just a basic and small part of the Coronation, after all, the last time any major changes were made to the Royal Commandments was so long ago that probably only Bristlecone remembered it.

As they were thinking about that, Malonal was still speaking and with each other word he said, the people there showed more shocked expressions, till at the end when he was done speaking when most of them had stood up and were looking at him in disbelief and shock:

"As you know, a long time has passed since the last time the Royal Commandments were changed, and I think that it's time to do just that. As you would realise in the future, I do things quite a little bit differently than the previous Alphas. So, without further ado, I would like to announce that the First Commandment is abolished..."

There and then, a decision that would lead to the death of millions of people and change the lives of even more was made.

0