Chapter Two: The Story Begins Part 2
371 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time for some flirting! 

Please BOOST the story at TOPWEBFICTION if you are enjoying it, and you can find a wide variety of serial fiction listed there, go check them out! 

Also, you can get more information about me, the story, and other things I write at https://www.victorsaint.com/Microtransactions/

G 300 D 85 

Claire - H:4 L:2 F:2 

Samantha - H:3 L:3 F:5 

 

I’ll be honest, I had no idea what was going on on the stage. But watching my mom, sorry, the MC’s mom, making out with two women in skeleton costumes was weird.

<Random: Okay, I know she isn’t REALLY my mom, but that is weird.>

<Samantha: “Okay, I know your mom isn’t really my aunt, but that’s still weird.”>

I blinked a moment, then looked over at Samantha. She was leaning over towards me, head nearly resting on my shoulder, and whispering into my ear.

<Samantha: “I mean, that’s gotta be REAL weird for you, watching your mom make out with a pair of ladies.”> 

She put some more popcorn in her mouth and crunched it, right in my ear still. Her eyes remained glued to the scene. However weird she may have found it, she seemed to be enjoying it.

<Random: Hmm. Well, since it DOES seem to be that kind of narrative, and she is definitely enjoying it…  time to raise her twenty.>

<Random: “Enh, I got used to it. Especially the group practice.”>

Sam turned to me with a questioning look on her face. 

 

<Samantha: “Group practice?”>

<Random: “Yeah. Mom has a couple of understudies. And so do the other two actresses. Actually, one of them IS also her understudy. So, to make sure all the women are already comfortable with each other, they do a circle makeout session to practice.”>

Sam looked back at the stage, then at me again. The popcorn container hung forgotten in her hands.

<Samantha: “So you’re saying…”>

I grinned.

<Random: “Oh yeah. Imagine six women taking turns making out with each other while the others watch and offer critiques on their technique.”

:: Samantha Lewd +1 ::

I could tell she was, in fact, imagining it. A lot.

<Samantha: “Well, I never thought about going into acting, but…”>

<Random: Do I press my luck? Of course I do. BIG PLUSSES BIG PLUSSES NO WHAMMY!>

<Random: “Well, if you ever need someone to practice your… lines with, let me know.”>

She didn’t respond, suddenly glued again to the stage, crunching on the now remembered popcorn.

:: Samantha Lewd         +1 ::

:: Samantha Friendship +1 ::

I did see her cheeks blush slightly, as well as the golden messages letting me know I had succeeded.

I grinned to myself and focused back on the stage as well.

The show continued below, but without understanding what was being sung, and no subtitles, I was somewhat lost. I looked around more, seeing the seams in the theater programming, as it were. No one was duplicated directly, but there was definitely some patterns in the distribution of clothes, hair, skin color.

Wait a second…

<Random: That set of bald heads is making a shape that looks a touch like the Gollar symbol.>

I pointed directly at it, my fingertip hovering below it in my vision. In my peripheral vision, I could see both ladies continuing to watch the show, sipping drinks and crunching popcorn. Neither seemed to take the slightest notice of the sudden pointing.

The pattern of heads glowed golden for a moment, then the light faded, replaced by the now quite familiar floating letters of fire. 

 

::  Easter egg found!  200 G awarded ::

 

<Random: Aw. Not worth as much as the first one. That, and I have no idea what a Gollar is even worth. My luck, a can of cat food costs a hundred, and things I’ll need will be in the thousands…>

Suddenly, my ears filled with the sound of applause, and I noticed Claire and Sam both standing up, Claire clapping enthusiastically while Sam shook a fist in the air, hooting and hollering. I quickly stood with them, clapping politely. 

<Random: Damn, I missed the end of the show.>

<Usher: “Pardon me, Random, uhh, guests. This way please!”>

In my vision, where all the speech bubbles have been, was an image of a woman in a tight black uniform and matching cap. I turned around to see the same woman standing there, waiting by the door to the box.

<Random: Usher, hunh. She doesn’t even deserve a name. Nice, devs, nice.>

 

<Random: “Oh yes, of course. Come on guys, lets beat the crowd.”>

She led the three of us into the hall and then down to a small door marked Staff Only, just as the rest of the box doors started opening, disgorging their loud and laughing opera goers. We walked through a back passage that was all concrete and steel girders, and took a trip down a freight elevator, the large platform dropping out from under us barely slow enough to keep our feet from leaving the floor.

<Random: “Oof, more like FRIGHT elevator, am I right?”>

The Usher gave a slight grin and giggle, but Claire and Sam both seemed not to hear me. Hmm.

A few more twists and turns, and we came out in a large room, the rooba rooba of the crowd past a tall wall of cloth making it clear we were backstage. We stood next to a table covered in snacks and drinks, and the usher snapped a little salute.

<Usher: “I’ll leave you here Random.”>

She looked around for a moment, then darted up, giving me a tight hug, the bill of her flat usher’s cap knocking into my chin.

<Usher: “I’ll miss you! You behave while we’re abroad, okay?”>

<Random: Uhh… okay….>

 

<Random: “Uhhh, okay. I’ll miss you too. But, behave?”>

She stepped back and grinned wickedly up at me.

<Usher: “More than I can expect, yeah? Just, don’t be naughty without thinking of me.”>

 

<Random: Uhh…. okay? Not sure whats going on, but I know how to play this angle.>

 

I smiled knowingly at her.

 

<Random: “Like I could ever forget?”>

Usher blushed lightly, started to say something, then turned and sped off.

:: Usher  Lewd         +1 ::

:: Usher  Friendship +1 ::

Curiouser and curiouser…

I saw both ladies staring at me with odd looks on their faces, then both turn away to look around when they saw me staring. Sam went to the table and picked up a bright green can, popping the tab.

<Mom: “THERE YOU ARE!”>

I turned to see my mom streaming past the hanging curtain with the last of the cast, heading towards us with her arms wide. I mean, the MC’s mom. Not mine.


<Claire: “ALLISON!”>

Claire ran the few steps towards her, and they hugged furiously, squeeling and making various noises of friendship that one would expect more from teenagers, not the mothers of young adults.

Sam cocked an eyebrow at me, a look of knowing pity, and the two of us started walking over to join them.

G 500 D 85 

Claire - H:4 L:2 F:2 

Samantha - H:3 L:5 F:6

6