Chapter 58
466 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

However wild the Executioners might be now that the dam had broke, they weren’t uncultured or unrestrained, and it seemed that the fighting had not - yet - spilled out onto the streets against anyone who was in the way. So Estaria got a quick run from the Arena and only started to see people that were garbed for war when she got close to the Coven. The…’decorations’ made their opinions on trespassers quite clear, a trio of Druchii impaled out front would discourage anyone from coming inside. The frantic flick of their eyes as Estaria came close just made it all the worse for anyone.

 

Of course, some were just dense or brave or both, and there were sounds of a second wave from the Coven, so she rushed inside to help out. Here she was gifted with quite the sight, seeing Fukuri wielding Ulric’s Fang with a beautiful style somewhere between a court dancer and a veteran swordsman. Three soldiers were trying their best to get through the steel curtain of blows Fukuri was putting up, and not doing very well at all. The arterial spray of the first man’s throat being opened up was precisely twisted to spray in a second’s eyes, and the third was beheaded while he staggered backwards.

 

A small knife lodged itself in the second man’s eye just as he recovered from the last stuff, and that was the end of the fight here. 

 

“I’m jealous” Estaria commented, giving a warm smile. Fukuri would look over, apparently abashed to be praised by Estaria. And then her face turned to shock and her body tensed to shift towards Es, though she need not have bothered, since with a lightning swift movement, Estaria drew her Talon and stuck a round in the head of the man trying to sneak up on her. 

 

Fukuri stood shocked for a few seconds, and then cleaned off her sword, put it away, and walked up to Estaria with determination. Grabbin the woman’s face, Fukuri gave a deep and passionate kiss. It lasted several seconds, and was more enthusiasm than skill but did the job. She then broke off, her face bright red, and scurried off to find anywhere else to be. It was quite the amusing scene, all told.

 

“Always the center of a mess, huh?” came a voice from behind Estaria. Cute as Fukuri’s outpouring of desire was, these were the lips Estaria preferred to kiss. So turning to see Filnon, Estaria would slide her arms around the Druchii’s hips and stand on her tip-toes to kiss the woman. 

“Always~” Estaria replied, smiling warmly. “Though, on the topic of being the center of a mess, we need to leave. It won’t stop the fighting, though it will take some wind out of it’s sails when it comes to the Witches. The main conflict with the Witches is us, so if we are not there, it’s poor justification to fight them. Especially with so many other people to fight” 

 

Estaria spoke quickly, but with conviction, hoping that Filnon would listen to what she was saying and not get swept up in anything auxiliary. Instead, Filnon was quiet for a few moments, though eventually would nod.

“I’ve just gotten around to actually liking these girls. So I can agree. We’ll need to make a spectacle of it though. There is no way anyone will believe we’ve left if we just sneak out the back door. We gotta go hand and hand out the front gate, and kill anyone in our way” Filnon would take Estaria’s hand at that, and turn to leave like it was a romantic date, and they were on a stroll through the city.

 

“It occurs to me” Estaria commented, walking along happily with Filnon, only breaking the illusion to shoot a few people with her Repeating Crossbow. “Where would we go once we have left?” 

Filnon would think for a moment, and then shrug.

“Naggaroth, maybe. Seems a good place as any. We can hit up the Witch King and settle into the Capital” Filnon would launch a knife at a man running at her. He dodged, to take the blade on his pauldron, though the knife cut through anyway and blew his arm off with a crackling burst of lightning.

“Ohh, how posh~ Should I not dress like a demure and obedient servant then?” Estaria asked, a coy and teasing tone to her voice.

“Why would you dress up as something you aren’t?” Filnon replied, with a raised eyebrow.

 

Estaria let out a laugh, and ripped the head off a man with a solid uppercut. The gate was not guarded, those who stood there long since pulled into the city’s fighting. Though only the blind could miss the trail of destruction that they had wrought to get here.

“And besides, does that mean you want to strip in the middle of the streets and dress up for me?” Filnon would ask, stroking Estaria’s cheek gently.

“Tempting. Though given the situation, I am forced to suggest a simple inventory switch instead. We might have a bit of trouble with a strip tease in a warzone, you know?” 

 

With that said, Filnon gave a nod, in mock thought, and then an equally playful sigh.

“Well, I guess we will just have to make do for now. Such a foul day when a woman can not see her beloved dress up in the middle of the streets” Filnon’s dramatic words, fit for any theater, would make Estaria laugh some more, before flicking her inventory to switch out of her bride and into her maid. Neither of them mentioned it was a full day at a sprint to Naggaroth, so there was no need to change quite so early, because there was no fun in that. Instead, they walked out of gate, making sure to leave tracks in the snow rather than Queen’s Stepping on top of it.

 

Maybe it was the speed they were moving at, or the fact that they didn’t stop. Or some third, more metaphysical feeling they radiated, but there were no beasts or monsters on the run towards Naggarond. A good five minutes from the place, they would finally stop and brush themselves down, do some rudimentary washing with melted snow, and generally make sure to look presentable. Clipping a leash to Estaria’s ornate collar to really sell the whole thing, they would stride up to the main gate with all the haughty whimsy of Filnon’s race.

 

“Lady Nightfury, Adjutant of Morathi” Filnon would introduce herself, looking down at the guard like he was a bug. The man would not even bother trying to engage with a woman like this, clearly well experienced with Naggarothi nobility, and just mark her down, letting her enter. Few even looked at Estaria, and those who did were merely a pacing glance. The long, crimson hair and soft red eyes were not enough to give her the time of day, it seemed.

 

“Proceed” the guard stated, a monotone voice and perfunctory wave of the hand. “Next”

 

“That was easier than the first time, huh?~ I don’t think I have any priceless relics to give over” Estaria whispered to Filnon, who smirked. 

“Mmm, we’d be looking for another country to call our own, because I would have fuckin’ butchered him if he tried to take you as passage fee” Filnon replied, taking Estaria’s hand tightly in her own. “Speaking of. First port of call, to temple of Atharti!” Filnon exclaimed, heading on with a firm stride that left the speechless Estaria unable to do anything but be dragged along.

10