Chapter 33
47 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hungry.

 

That was the first thought when Emia opened her eyes. The second one was ow, but she fixed that with her faith and sat up. Dam thing didn't fix aches though, so her back was still stiff. Hell, everywhere was still stiff. Standing and glancing to the mirror, the memory of before was replaced with a memory of now. Sleek, elegant, and perfect, Emia's hair shone in the light. Her tanned skin was so smooth one could feel it just by looking. Her golden eyes pits to embrace the full eternity of her existance. Absently, she found herself missing the piercings she once had, for they would accent this figure of hers so beatufiully.

 

The Daemon that once was no longer directly interfered, but it was still part of her soul, so sometimes it reared up, to tease her into playing with herself. It was well fed those days, but she absently realized that wouldn't be coming anymore...Not that it was really a problem, she'd just deal with it later. Instead, she burned the dress from yesterday, she shook her head and flopped down onto the bed, crossing her legs and opening her status screen for the first time in months.

"Eighty five? When did....ohh, right. Field Medic" she muttered to herself. All the medical aid rendered the past couple of months, on top of all the work in the fields that tanned her skin in the first place..It all gave exp. And the Master had been such a friendly person that she had gained a natural twenty extra points in constitution. With ten extra levels, she had stats and talents to buy. Another thirty into Constitution to get that up to a hundred, and then she'd...hmmm....

She took a few moments to consider, then split fourty five into both dexterity and agility. She immediately felt the benefits of that, her body changing around her to allow for inhuman grace and speed. The two talents were spent on "Combat Doctor" and "Surgeon General" which were advancements of her Field Medic talent. With that work done, she'd flick to her inventory. Delightfully, there was the lost and found, where her leathers, the Bloodbane Rifle, and the twin revolvers were found. In no mood for fuckery, she sold the leathers for a massive chunk of cash, and opened the next box titled 'Blessings of Second Blood'

 

Though absolutely beautiful, the collar was immediately sold to the shop for a second massive chunk of cash. She wasn't ever going to be under another's thumb. Finally came the last box titled 'Blessings of Third Blood' revealing two items, called 'Regalia of Rivers'. The stats were amazing, and the quote at the top...well, kind of relevant really.

'Heaven is always found on the other side of Hell'. One has to go through Hell to reach Heaven. Spill a river of blood to attain Utopia. Given the blood motiff, it was fitting. And so too, was it fitting for her status as a Saint. Taking it out of the inventory and hanging it up, Emia admired the dress. The collar bit was immediately launched across the room, but the rest...the fabric was so soft, so pure. White and gold shining with power, while the faux-blood stains ominiously spoke a sinister threat to those who looked. She slid it all on, the boots tight and comforting against her legs, the gloves the same. It like your parents love all around you.

 

To get out of that dreery thought, she looked to the second of the two items. These were no less beautiful for being weapons. Blood red down one side, glistening gold down the other, the pair of revolvers - aptly named 'Faith' and 'Steel' - apparently used a special kind of gunpowder to propell the rounds at startling velocities. Sliding those two onto her hips, she nodded to herself in the mirror, and then turned for the door. Heels clicking across the ground, a gentle smile of confidence across her face...it was time to get back to work being the Saint of the Underhive. Many of her flock needed her benediction, after all. And she would not be found wanting for a single moment.

1