Chapter 5-Well,damn
162 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, damn

"Ok looks like I got the handle of it"

Jakim spent the next two hours using his portal to the Nexus, by dropping stuff inside and retrieving using his telekinesis. Learning that he actually created a universe and had his own private kingdom, and not only was it real, but here is a possibility of going directly to the Mold Spiral, things were looking up.

' I want to go there..... to the Mold Spiral and travel everywhere and especially that planet but can I breath and walk on that planet: Valak'

' No there shouldn't any possibility, since the planet is a Super Earth, its huge but its gravity is also larger'

"I will be crushed and the atmosphere might have some elements I'm not aware of

' I can still use the Nexus as an item box and its infinite so space is no problem'

Now was the big test, to see if Jakim can go to the Nexus, he opened a portal and stepped inside with one foot and fell through.

Floating inside, Jakim felt free and concise, moving around but there was one problem as he was in zero gravity.

" Can't breath.....cough... cough"

Opening a portal immediately and pushing using his Darkness, he pushed himself to the portal and fell through.

Cough

Cough

Catching a breath, Jakim thought himself "Of course there is no air", Oxygen like the one he breathes, comes from billions of years of accumulation, there's no way space with no end will be able to hold in all that oxygen and other elements necessary to breathe, it would only wonder away. It was impossible but if contained in a stable environment like a dome, then breathing would be possible.

A new plan emerged inside Jakim's mind and that was a base that he could use as an away home, he can do all sorts of stuff. But that will be a future path, not now, first he needed to go that World again through the dream state and look around. he needed to check up on the inhabitants of that planet. Putting himself in cross legged position, Jakim entered after calming his mind and projecting his consciousness out.

Jakim opened his eyes and was back in the Nexus, he felt the presence of the items he threw in there. He summoned his pencils and a book to himself. Now was the time to start recording data on the fauna and flora of the planet.

Shifting his mind to overdrive, he then started looking at the barrier and then to the Spiral and deeper, it took a while but he found Valak again and looked at the planet, he shifted to the habitable middle part, and started to examine the area. He looked around for an hour, he first looked at the easy to spot animals but there was so much utter diversity in fauna, that it became dizzying for example, a giant caterpillar- like creature that had a interesting defense mechanism, it sprayed a lethal toxin in 350 degrees with a radius of 5 feet. Or a strange rabbit that has horns galloping and ramming into trees. The world was a land of mystery and intrigue, but that wasn't what interested Jakim, it was the sentient lifeforms that inhabited the landscape.

Jakim looked around for the giants, but he couldn't find them anywhere in the middle lands, so he zoomed out and looked elsewhere, he then noticed some giants walking out of the Middle lands and towards the Night lands, the side of the planet not looking towards the Sun, it was a strange sight as Jakim looked ahead and found a large procession being led by a troupe of giants.

One of the giants had a strange ornament on its head and the rest had hammers at their sides, it was a strange group, their clothes were threaded fur coats and satchel like shoes. The rest of the procession of giants had fur coats as well and threaded shoes, they led a caravan loaded up with these giant beavers.

" that guy seems to be the king and that group with them important people based on their equipment"

" why are they going so far deep into the cold part of the planet.''

"it doesn't make sense" thought Jakim, why go so far into the most desolate part of the world, why do the insane, Jakim knew about the giants from studying and knew that their usage of Magic was unbelievable. Jakim was also researching through observation, wondering if he can do it. He still didn't know about the origin of Magic and how it works, or even where mana comes from.

'Maybe their magic can help them in this environment'

Observing them for a while, Jakim looked elsewhere for other species that might have sentience, because with the size of the planet, they should be species that have some intelligence that can be considered sapience.

"Hey what's that....."

Out in the corner was a hill that rose into the sky

It was a city, an hill city, it was in the Middle lands, it stood tall with gleaming buildings standing at 3 stories. It had courtyards and streets; it was an actual city.

But the people walking around in their strange clothes made of necklaces, they weren't what you would expect, but judging by the strange architecture, it was obvious. Insects, bugging around the area, flying through skies and walking through the roads in four-legged centaur like form was the insect people.

'Intelligent creatures, I see honeycomb style building made out some kind of material...... them those cathedral like building are ant hills right, then those deep in the rut of the building are highways for beetles.

Jakim kept observing the situation, till he noticed the oddest thing possible, a group of this insectoid centaurs was chanting in unison then the bridge in front of the road lifted up in the air and was set down in between a river.

"they can do Magic to huh"

' well obviously considering there situation I wouldn't be surprised'

A civilization of insects, emerged with the power of Magic just like the giants, such an amazing luck for these two species.

" I see roads that looked paved but most likely formed from Magic, considering their circumstances and the civilization seems to be early bronze age."

Everything about this city screams bronze age, but the architecture considerably more advance to Middle Ages. Considering the elements of the city and the strange assortment of people walking around, it was shocking why that no group discrimination or cliques of similar features didn't form.

The "magicians" who raised the bridge had strange clothes on, with ornamental hoods and a strange hat that was like a cardinal cap.

" they look like priests, not wizards''

"Seriously the speed of complexity is mind numbing sometimes"

" Wait wait....... wait..... waiit!!!!"

" did I turn off the speedup for the planet.........."

Zooming out, Jakim held his breath, no wonder everything was so fast, Jakim noticed that he sped up time and evolution was still going making such leaps and bounds of civilization. From his point of view, time was moving unbelievably fast, but if he zoomed inside the planet, it would look normal in real time, but if he zoomed out of the planet specifically and looked at the other worlds in the universe, he wouldn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Zoom back in and the patch of savannah he was staring a few seconds ago would turn into a jungle. That's thousands of years instantly passed by, Jakim knew his research would be useless, so he slowed down time from his POV, concentrating to slow the planet down, the barrier which enveloped the planet and the surrounding solar system and caused the speedup from his POV disappeared.

Now things were moving along, to test it out, Jakim zoomed in on the planet and looked around and then zoomed out, waited a few seconds, then zoomed in and noticed that the day changed but nothing too drastic, feeling satisfied, Jakim immediately looked elsewhere on the planet.

While looking around, Jakim saw something like a fly, but when he zoomed in, it was like a bird, a big bird and a bit like a crocodile, scaly hide and horns.

8