Chapter 7.7: Consequence
75 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kati and Voda knew there was something clearly wrong about this situation, throughout the entire scenario you would've have thought this people were sworn enemies, but they were family. A mother driven mad by a hunger that can never be satisfied. A son whose only crime was that he was in the way of his mother.

Truly such an abhorrent scenario, yet it happened. Now it needs to be resolved, hopefully.

Voda and Kati continued to stare at each other, the winds circling in the background of the blown-out buildings would leave many with horror and shock. But there was no one, but these two.

“How long are we going to dawdle here” groaned Voda,” Let's just end this, okay”

"That’s your choice, just surrender to your destiny”.

“Destiny.... destiny...destiny...Your fuckin crazy”

“You think you're going to outlast and beat me”

“Hell yeah”

“Real....really!”

Kati was mad, really mad. Usually, it would take much more than a simple provocation to spite her. The entire catch and mouse game pushed her over the edge. This wasn’t very good anyhow, Voda is trying to stall for time, yet Kati was about to blow him away from existence.

“Come on, Kati....no...Mom, please calm down and think!”.

“You...you really think you can change your fate”.

Silence once more took hold, the winds continued to circle around them, picking up grass from the nearby forests. The entire environment was shifting from the weight of Kati’s growing anger, she was about to blow a fuse. That anger of hers grew and grew. The air grew dense and heavy around both Voda and Kati, Voda found it hard to breathe as he kept gasping for more air.

“Damn...”

….

“KATI!!!!”

A scream of unbelievable proportions resounded through the heavens, the very vibrations shook the air with insane velocity, the winds picked up again and were swirling around the area like a hurricane. It was increasing in its ferocity and was getting stronger with each breadth. Then it started to gravitate from the left side of Voda, it felt strange, because the gravitational pull of the area was accelerating towards the direction of Voda and Kati. Whatever was coming, was big.

Then everything stood still, Voda opened his mouth, because of a strange feeling, he tried to speak yet no sound came out, it also meant he couldn’t breathe. The air itself stood still; the air molecules literally stood still. Voda couldn’t breathe at all, every time he tried to breathe in air it felt like he needed to suck it in. Voda immediately collapsed to his knees from the lack of breathable air, he couldn't think as the air to his brain reversed to keep his heart going. His mind began to dull and become foggy. Then everything went black.

..

A golden light bloomed across the area, the flowery appearance that streaked across the sky would have beguiled most dragons, the very entrance would have gotten 5 stars at any Dracon Festival. Out from the bright light, an orb appeared and began to take form. The form was unsurprisingly a dragon, a bright and familiar sight. But the extremely large and cognizant appearance of the Dragon God was still awe inspiring. It seemed to warp the very environment, the skies and ground

“Damn old man, what with the entrance”
“........”

“Not talking...”.

“.....”

“KATI YOU HAVE LOST YOUR DAMN MIND, AND I’M HERE TO BRING YOU BACK HOME WITH ME”

“Back to that miserable place, I'm not crazy”

“YOU TRIED TO CANNIBAL; YOUR OWN FAMILY”.

“YOU HAVE LOST ANY FORM OF JUSTIFICATION; YOU HAVE LOST ANY REAL SEMBLANCE OF SELF.”

“Are you any better, staying that castle of yours!!!”.

“All day just laying about, talking and conversing with the mortals, yet not changing or willing to, in the face of threats!!”

Kati wasn’t herself when it came to her father, whose relationship often became more about the difference in how they saw the world. When Kati was just a hatchling, she caused unbelievable terror because of her views and demented behaviors. The adults she often conversed with were horrified because she thought and acted too differently from the noble and kind Dragon race.

It all started with the prophecy that was proclaimed, using multiple Magic casters as a conduit to look towards the future, they witnessed a great threat coming forth with a strange name, an extremely strange and uncommon name, it was actually strange that it has never existed before, the name was “Evil king”. The “Evil King” was said to be either a group, event or individual, it seemed to beguile everyone recently in Kati’s era. The entire thing was foretold to be inexplicable and impossible for it to be further investigated. Even the Magic Casters that were used, only saw darkness and a psychic presence that was JUST IMPOSSIBLE.

Kati had a fear of those different because it might compete or defeat, such things were her greatest fears. Anything that was too foreign needed to be controlled or destroyed, it was just that simple. Things like this caused others to avoid her. Because of this, she came up with plans and ideas to defeat those who are different. That’s when it came to an unfortunate head when she was found cannibalizing a recently deceased dragon, the entire litigation from others brought her closer to madness. She was born to be afraid, that’s what others often say.

This was unbelievable to her father who couldn’t understand her fears, Bout believed it might be because of an early egg trauma event. He surmised that her cannibalism came from how a child would eat random objects to gain familiarity, yet something like that early childhood process is still acting upon inside Kati’s mind which didn’t make sense when her hatchling phase was hundreds of years ago. He hoped the fog of time might dull that part of her. But it didn’t and only got worst. So, Bout often forced her to live with him and controlled her using Magic, but she ran away, living her life with mortals and married Mil and had a family. He couldn’t control anymore her or change her behavior, which made her more dangerous to others and brought more tragedies.

"KATI, ITS TIME......"

"No.... go to hell, ..................... I WANT TO BE FREE!!!"

2