6. Sari (1)
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sari

Jalan Sulam, October 3rd, 14:55

I didn’t understand what was going on. Aunty and I were happily entering this really big hall when the candles were suddenly lit, surprising us all. The next thing I knew, a pretty brother appeared on the podium and told us two stories. Both stories were very scary but I wasn’t afraid because aunty was holding my hand and the brother kept reassuring me with a gentle smile. And then everyone went crazy when said brother flickered out and aunty hurriedly held me up.

I was really scared. Aunty tightened her grip on me as she followed everyone out. I bit my lips to hold out my tears. I knew something bad was happening that was why I don’t want to distract aunty but I was scared. I was really really scared.

We were back at the school field. I saw everyone trying to go out by pushing the gate or climbing the wall but it was like something was blocking them. I felt that these adults were so silly. Even a kid like me knew that we mustn’t leave the school before it’s time to go home or we would be in big trouble.

“Not here.” Aunty—still carrying me—left the place. We followed the corridor and passed through a lot of classes. The further we went, the smaller the tables and chairs inside the classes until we arrived in a side smaller field. Aunty let me down and I ran to the nearby swing. Sitting on it, I started to move back and then raised my legs. Just like that, the swing started to move in constant motion as I occasionally move back when the motion slowed down.

As I was playing, aunty looked around the place. She exclaimed in happiness when she saw a small gate there. She pushed the gate but even when she pushed with all her might, the gate wouldn’t budge.

But why would it budge? After all the big sister with the pretty pattern dress was blocking the gate. That big sister caught my eyes and smiled at me. I heard people in the Hall say she looked scary before but I don’t understand why they said that. She shook her head at me and bring a finger to her lips.

Guess I shouldn’t tell aunty?

With that, I decided to focus on playing on my swing while looking around the playground. I was on the swing of course. On my left, I saw two spring riders. Beyond them there was a slide—it was the slide with a dome at the top. To complete the lineup a climber could be seen at the very end of the playground equipment.

 I let out a startled laugh when I felt a gentle push behind me and the swing brought me higher to the air.

I really really like this place. The white-haired elder brother and elder sister with the pretty dress were very nice.

“Sari. I’m going to check inside the class. If there’s anything, I want you to shout really loud okay?” Aunty told me when she was done playing pushing and pulling with the elder sister. I nodded to her question and looked at her as she entered the room in front of me. Shrugging, I told the elder brother behind me.

“Can I play on the spring rider?”

“Of course little one.” He stopped the swing and then carried me to the rider.

As if it was a real horse, the spring rider moved by itself and I pretended that I was a prince on a quest to save the pretty princess.

0