Chapter 0: Prologue
83 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"All hail, the Hero of Sylvennia! The slayer of Demons, and the one who had slain the Demon King! We have been liberated by the tyrannies of the ruthless Demon King Schzebul! Blessed is the Hero, who had subjugated the monster who had doomed Sylvenia, and its people. Blessed are the people of the kingdom who had witnessed this day, where we see the Hero in light. We are truly grateful for the actions the Hero had made, and blessed are the gods and goddesses to witness the day, the Demon King will meet its devils in hell!"

The muffled sound of a loud, and charismatic male voice is heard inside a claustrophobic box.

The mysterious figure twitches his eyelids as he gains consciousness from the muffled sounds of crowds cheering, singing, and praises in the dark box where its only shade of light comes from a small hole that shines through the figure's eyes. The rustles and the constant movement of the place seemed to be as if he was inside a moving room.

"W-where am I?" He twitches and rubs his eyes from the sunlight that shines through a small hole.

Standing up, he approached the small hole that the light emitted. Peeking through the hole, he noticed familiar structures passing through while the confetti rained down as if there was a celebration. Wind instruments and drums blast their music while the crowd sings of praises that fill the air. 

"The Demon king will be executed? Shouldn't the Hero slay him in their place?"

"It doesn't matter, we have subjugated him, and we are grateful to witness his death today!"

"Mama, what's going on? Why are people celebrating?"

"Halt!"

The box had stopped as if they had reached their destination. The thick cloth that has covered the room had been removed by the guards dressed in early renaissance steel armor exposed the room, which revealed a giant cage with a man in rags. 

"Behold! Citizens of Sylvenia! The treacherous, ruthless devil! The monster who plagued fear and death through our lands, King Schzebul! We are here to witness this day where this devil will be executed by beheading!"

The crowd cheered louder as the man with red garments dressed similar to a noble.

"W-wait a minute! I'm not the Demon King! This is all a big mistake. I am the Hero!" The figure with black hair and brown eyes dressed in rags so worn out as if it had seen 'better' days cried out.

"Booo!"

"We would like to express our thanks and gratitude to the Hero of Sylvenia, Jorhann Crumpbell! The bringer of peace, and his party, the wizard, Utsonomiya Ren, and the spearman Shimazu Akito!"

"Hey! What are you talking about? That person is a fake. Hey Ren! That's not Jorhann, I'm Jorhann! I'm not the Demon King! That Hero's a fake!" The Demon King, who claimed that he is none other than the Hero shouted at the wizard.

The wizard ignored his words, trying his best not to look into his way as he waved at the crowd,

"Remember the time when you promised that when you go back to your world, you'll treat me sushi? What about the amazing technologies you guys keep talking about? A world without oppression? A place where everyone is at peace?" The Demon King persuaded, but to no avail, he was ignored.

"Hey! Akito! That isn't me! He's an impostor. I'm the real one, and I killed the Demon King in front of the throne."

The spearman, dressed in iron armor, with a yellow cape that flies along the breeze of the air, hair as black as the night sky, and dimmed eyes, ignored his words and looked away as the whole party smiled at the crowd.

"In this day, the 29th of the Merte Calendar, the execution of Schzebel will be established. The trial will be done by beheading. His Highness, King Lorenz the Third, and his family will witness the execution as well. The aristocracy and commoners alike are free to witness this glorious day," The announcer dressed in red garments—a fashion similar to that of the early renaissance period, announced the public.

The king, dressed in purple, glamorous clothing, sits on his throne with the princess beside him.

The princess, with a sharp, fox-like eyes, and curly long blonde hair smiled as she witnessed the so-called 'Demon King' in rags.

"This is the all-mighty, infamous Demon King. Say, which part of him makes him that powerful?" She sneered.

"Stop! This is a misunderstanding, you hear me? That man is not the Hero! He disguised himself to look like me, and deceive all of you! I am the real Hero here! I had slain the Demon King with my own two hands in their fortress. The real Demon King had already been slain in that run-down forsaken throne. Do not listen to whatever this man saying!" The man in rags' pleas was heard among the large crowd, but none of them had bought it.

"Booo! To death, you shall go!"

"You killed my only son!"

"Die already!"

The sounds of jeering from the crowd go louder by the second. They threw food at the man in rags ranging from rotten fruits, small objects such as goblets, cups, and even dishes 

"Order! Order now!" The king shouted.

The crowd went quiet after the king intervened.

The executioner, dressed in black clothes with iron chains across its neck, approaches the 'Demon King', pulling him to the execution stage in the middle of the kingdom's hall, where everyone is gathered.

He brought the 'Demon King' to the stage, pushed him down on his knees, grabbed a large axe behind his back, and slowly placed the cold steel behind the convicted devil behind his neck.

"I had helped you countless times! I saved your nation from your downfall. I did everything, even if it kills me to take out every single threat your people claim to be the enemy! Where did I go wrong?" His pleas were called out but none had heard it. His utter shock when no one had recognized his face, his speech patterns, or any clues that hinted him that he was not as he looked at each of the faces of everyone who watches him.

Their smiles filled with gratitude and happiness, tears of joy shows that they have been deceived and currently look at the wrongfully convicted as if he is the real thing. He looked back at the king, and the heroes who had a face that remain expresionless, yet under their skin, they truly knew the fact that he was not.

The crowd booed at the 'Demon King'

"I'm telling you! That man is an impostor! I did everything within my power to protect all of you and conquered even the nations who you deem a potential threat! I trusted my people in the hands of the gods and I even treated you nobles, and commoners alike as my equals! What more can I do?"

"Enough! Execute this man. NOW!" The man in red garments ordered.

Jorhann the Hero watched as the man in rags looked at him with a smile on his face, casually chatted with the two heroes as if they are really close. The arrogant, sinister smile gave the man in rags chills as it showed how much they have deceived him, and the people of his kingdom.

"Why, Your Highness?" He asked

The king simply looked down at him straight in the eye but did not reply.

"Curse you! Curse your ancestors and everyone in this place. I've seen your soldiers die before you. You nobles have never seen what I've seen in that place. Curse you summoned heroes who were in my aids. You are not the same person who I remembered when you arrived to this world! You hypocrites! Damn your nation, and damn the gods who had brought me to this miserable world!"

With a swift sweep coming from the cold steel of an axe, the man in rags had his head dislodged from his body as it rolls to the ground. The executioner picked up his head by the hair, and showed it to the crowd. With only what little time he had, the head watch as everyone raised their hands and pump their fist as they screamed victory.

"The Demon King is defeated! All hail Sylvennia! The Demon King is defeated! Blessed are the Heroes of Sylvennia!"

As his consciousness fades, that last thing he saw are the sinister smiles coming from the heroes and the kings.


I walked through hell

I helped them

I've saved theirkingdom

I did all my best

to destroy the sole enemy of mankind

The demon king that deserves to be defeated for its atrocities

And this is what you are supposed to treat your Hero?

A monster?

A being whose only purpose is to take out your enemy and then throw him 

in the ditch?

You... Impotent Bastards

Fine... Kill me... I will haunt your souls to the depth of the earth!

Your kingdom deserves a hero better than this wretched Hero who have already killed your sole enemy. Go on, I will have my blood spilt, but the souls of your men will haunt you too for they have died for the sake of your kingdom.


As the Hero of the Silvenian Kingdom dies at the hands of their own men, his soul has left the world. he has regained all his memories from the times he had first been reincarnated as a worker had strived his hardest in his family. One who had been in his worst luck.

The Hero who had gained his experience through all of it finally realized that no one has once appreciated him even in two lives where he strived his hardest.

His most extraordinary effort went all to waste.

None commended by his kingdom, and he realized that he was merely used as a tool.

He sits under the dark void of space.

"It does not matter how much they have appreciated or all those who spread those false compliments. Though I have yet fully understood their intentions. One must not use his anger to destroy these people for the sake of revenge. I must use this opportunity to not take revenge on my next life. Never bring them! But... If there is one way... I will have my memories retained! Whatever they have thrown will not be in fluke."

"Hey, keep your voice down!" The goddess with pale skin and hair as white as the pearl floated in the middle of the darkness as she emits a blinding light that spread its luminosity through the void space.

"Oh, it's you, that angel who said I could get reincarnated. How has it been?" Jorhann said as he looked at the goddess with a smile on his face as he scratched his back

"It seems you have carried misfortune with you in this life. Would you like to have an easier life in the next run? You seemed to be furious for what had happened before your death."

"Do I...? Tsk, now that I had my memories of my other previous life, would I ask you a favor if I would love to gain the knowledge of it so I can bring them in the next life?"

"Hmmm... You seem confident with what you are saying. What if I tell you that the memories you gained are not from you but the heroine in that world?"

"That may be the case, but since I have them, that person is still me. I have lost too many things in those, and I am sure that there must be a way to save a world without ending betrayed."

"Betrayal? Wouldn't it be better to have a peaceful life as being a farmer in a world while another summoned one becomes a hero in replace of your stake?"

"It sure does sound really relaxing indeed. But I have another plan. Though I still have my grudge to those guys, the question is, would I be reincarnated in that same world?" 

"You seem eager to stay in that world, even though the people despised you. Is it for revenge? Is it because of the pain you have to go through that you would lash out all your anger towards them?"

"That may be the case... yes... But I know it may not be the right way."

"So you have a plan to make up for this... disastrous event that has happened to you...?"

"Ever heard of a universe where civilizations had become so advanced that their technology staggers? And for thousands of centuries, humanity struggled due to this? Ever heard of a universe where they have colonized millions of planets where humanity has been once the top but degraded due to unusual circumstances...?"

"A universe where mankind has ruled not one world but millions of more worlds, you say?"

"This death I had is mere minuscule compared to the quadrillions of human lives that had to survive in such a harsh universe where not even one world had to struggle but millions of others as well."

"What is your point, really?"

"I wish to create a world to a point where humanity has become at the point that they peaked. A world that is still struggling in itself is still an uncivilized one. And I do so wish to see that happen in all the runs in my life."

"Hmmm… An extremely ambitious task you have for a mere mortal to achieve…."

"The gods and goddesses are interested in your plan."

"I've seen many ambitious people... But not as ambitious as you. They have built great civilizations in their worlds, but they crumble as soon as their death has come. They've risen countless times only to end up in the ditch. Just like you. You talk as if you plan on something greater than a mere mortal would think of. Though, I would say... Are you sure you can achieve it? You are not the only one who had thought of this,"

"If it involves using more than just one life, it is entirely possible."

"Not many who reincarnates wish to do that. Most would love to live in peace or enjoy the thrill of their adventures. Isn't adventuring and gathering friends along the way to defeat a giant threat already good enough?"

"No... Do you think that killing a demon king is just my only plan? What do others do who reincarnated after killing a demon king? Get retired? Search for another meaning in their life? Search for revenge against the ones who despised them? Find a peaceful and simple life? Fuck all that! "

"You know that they became kings and rulers in their king's stead..."

"That never happened to me in the first place! You speak as if every Hero had gained their right to rule their kingdom,"

"Silvenian kingdom has become more corrupt, and due to its achievement, they still hold the rights to be one of the greatest nations that subjugated the demon king. Not only that, but for fifty years, they have taken every advantage they had with their endless greed."

"And in what way did they do to take every advantage?"

"Enslavement of different varieties of races. Elves, beastmen, and even demons. The aristocracy had done nothing but take advantage of their nation's achievement through exploits. Their education system has only been used for the nobles, and those who have the permission of their king. Other nations who held high on Sylvennia had followed their footsteps, making oppression run rampant in these years. Commoners and low nobles are victims of the unjust treatment given to them."

"My... The oppression I see. Well, wouldn't it be better to move to another country if that does not have these?"

"A country far from that kingdom. Near the border of Yuropa, east of the Sylvennian's neighboring nation, Brexon. A small civilization called 'savages' by most civilizations. Alimanya,"

"Alimanya? Do you mean that land called barbarians that fight against themselves just for a piece of land?"

"They are not as uncivilized as you think."

"Yeah, right. Tell me that again when I get killed similarly to my last life even though I helped them,"

"It was unfortunate indeed,"

"This god-damned 'feudal' world. The idea of being in another world would be something every modern person in the twenty-first century would dream of. Yet, when I got it, I got the short end of the stick."

"I apologize. Things would not go well as planned. That's how life is... well, except for the fact that it went downhill in yours... twice"

"Sigh... However, ruling the world may not be as achievable as I think. Let me think of a plan. From what I remember, Alimanya, a nation ruled by barbarians that fight over themselves for land. Though their nobilities had ruled their country, they fought for territories for the past decades. They have joined the Sylvenian Hero, me, once in an expedition to infiltrate one of the strongholds near their location. They still refuse to band together as one, but two nobles from two different families have joined once, which made a great help in taking that subordinate of a demon,"

"Your abilities will not be the same as your previous life, you know? And those abilities may or may not be what you will be using,"

"What? Those abilities had helped me countless times when I would have died among the thousands of battles I've encountered. If it weren't for those, I wou-"

"And what would I do? Give that ability to you? Your life was declared on your luck. Among all the 'lucky' ones, you included, they were satisfied with their life having to be as a person as important as they thought they would be. We keep this confidential among others, but with your ambition such as that, I do not believe that it would be needed."

"W-why would you compare me to those 'lucky' ones? I have been betrayed in that world. Two of my lives have been a tornado spiraling downwards to the god-damned pit. I thought living as a so-called 'Hero' would be a dream that I thought of is a luxurious life. No! It was all under everyone's noses. I killed innocent villagers that was called an enemy of Sylvennia. Burnt down a fake witch who had not even had a single clue about informations and all of the other atrocities I did! What difference would that make to those lucky ones? All those words of hope, humility, faith, and honor, are thrown down the ditch. Bastards been using us heroes like pawns! What's worse is that the other transported heroes are none other than high school students. Enthusiastic enough for adventure but ignorant to look at the bigger picture,"

"Well, there's one that you asked. Your memories from both of your previous lives. I think that is enough. Or maybe that's your delusion just talking as soon as you're here. Rather, your death is a bit of a tragedy don't you think? A hero is betrayed by their own people as if he is treated like a tool used. A really tragic story indeed"

"Y-you! You actually think that we are nothing more than poor sods solely created to satisfy your curiosity? You're just like the rest of those under that land,"

"We, gods and goddesses, do not wish to comply to mortals such as you when they are asked. You should be grateful that even I gave you that,"

"Then, how am I supposed to use magic?"

"Magic has already been in your core from the start. It is then activated as you start your second one. Or would you want to start as something worse than zero? I'll have you know that in this world, it is common that every single being has a magical core in them, summoners included,"

"F-fine, I'll accept this offer,"

"In the first place, I've seen your potential within you. You don't need those abilities from the start. Talentless as you may be compared to the others, your hard work is what pays off. These... 'abilities' that we gave to you are nothing compared to what you can actually achieve on their own. They are not meant to be relied upon—they are tools—a head start..."

"Now that I think about it, these stats and abilities are nothing more but a limit. You should have given me my knowledge when I was summoned! The potential to use magic and science combined in this world would have created great possibilities! Not only that, but these backward of a world would have been far greater if any people could have helped me,"

"These abilities will also include the 'skills' and 'stats' that every hero has, because you are not a hero in the next life. Though, I will tell you that there will still be summoned heroes that I do not have the power to hold. That is up to the decisions of the kings of this world. We are merely those who guide them through the strings of path connecting to their world"

"So you're saying that there are other heroes as well, even in these times?"

"That may be so."

"These people who are transported from the modern world do not know how much of an ignorant they are if they solely rely on it. Yes, I agree your stats increase, and you grind to the point that you become extremely powerful. But there is a limit. A 'max point'. Something that they only have. I can't create gunpowder again. It already existed, yet, why has it not been implemented? Would it be an obstruction balance of power?" The hero thought.

"You should save all your plans when you reach down there. For now, be prepared for I will send you back down,"

"Tsk... Fine, take care now, Eleazaras"

"Good luck on your adventure, William Hoffberg. That will be your new name when you arrive."

A bright light then shines upon William as he feels the burning sensation across his body. He closed his eyes and place his arms on his chest, feeling his heart beating as he feels his chest tighten. Within a few seconds, he inhaled the air he breathes and the burning bright light he felt suddenly turn black as if it is shut off like an old television.

1