Chapter 13
115 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wow, big bro imperial city is so lively, so many people are here." Ling Fan said to Lin Feng as he looked all around him as soon as he exited the carriage.

"This is not the imperial city we're still at the periphery according to the carriage driver, he also said that carriages are allowed only till here so we have to walk the rest of the distance." Lin Feng said as he also spectated his surroundings and after wondering for a while he said "Let's eat here before entering the city, there seem to be quite a few restaurants around here. I'm sure you're also hungry by now."

'Things would definitely become more expensive inside the city it's better to eat  here.' Lin Feng thought to himself.

"Yes, big bro let's go." Ling Fan said with the same lively voice. Lin Feng by now had grown used to the lively attitude of this guy and was also quite happy that he didn't seem to be a troublemaker.

Soon two youngsters one seemed to be around seventeen and the other around fourteen entered a restaurant together and attracted quite a few curious glances but not finding anything interesting except for the handsome face of one youngster and the happy face of the other those glances soon focused back on their earlier targets.

Just as Lin Feng and  Ling Fan entered the restaurant they were welcomed by a waiter who guided them towards their table and after taking their order went back.

Lin Feng used this opportunity to listen in on the conversations which the people around him were having in order to gather some useful information. People around were mostly talking about the Holy Courtyard of Xue Yue , a few about the imperial clan and the rest were all unimportant chitter-chatter.

'Oh so the Duan clan is the imperial clan, I see.' Lin Feng thought to himself. Soon the food was set at their table and after enjoying it they both set out towards the entrance of the imperial city.

There was a long queue to enter the city, as a result of which we had to wait for an hour before finally entering the city. The atmosphere in the was quite lively and looked like a good place to enjoy...provided one had money. I looked for some inn nearby and soon got a normal-looking one.

"Welcome esteemed customers, How may I help you?" a young man at the reception table greeted us as we entered the inn.

"How much is the cost of booking a room for a week here?" Lin Feng enquired.

"In our inn a room for a week would cost you just fifty low-quality purity stones young master, ofcourse the price of food and other miscellaneous things are included." the young man replied.

I nodded hearing it and passed one medium quality purity stone to the young man who returned fifty low-quality purity stones back to me. Internally it pained my heart being separated with the purity stones...I only had eight purity stones of medium quality along with fifty low-quality stones left.. Soon after settling us in our room and arranging another mattress in the room for Ling Fan the receptionist went back.

"Ling Fan you must be tired, rest in the room, I'll check around our surroundings," I said to Ling Fan to which he just nodded and soon I exited the inn.

Having Ling Fan around me all the time made me worried that if I got into some trouble...which is quite normal in this world where their is no dearth of arrogant cultivators...he'll get implicated and though I think I have enough ability to save him it would be a pain in the ass to both look after him along with fighting others before escaping.

With this thought in mind Lin Feng roamed around the city, he soon entered the market area after paying a hefty sum of one purity stone of medium quality to the guards guarding the market area entrance and looked all around him to pass his time. There were a lot of shops and stalls, clothes, weapons, pills, antiques and much more...Lin Feng entered a shop that was selling pills and was soon greeted by the shopkeeper.

"Welcome young master, how may I help you?" asked a middle-aged man whose cultivation was in the Ninth Qi Layer.

'Even a shopkeeper is in the Ninth Qi Layer..well as expected' Lin Feng thought before replying "I'm looking for some low-level healing pills."

"You've come to the right place young master, we have a lot of healing pills with us, let me pull them all out for you to decide." said the shopkeeper before going deeper into his shop.

Soon two kinds of jars filled with pills of two different colours were placed in front of me. Young master the one at the right is called 'Blood Rejuvenating Pill' and is quite popular among our customers because of its immediate effect and costs thirty low-level purity stones for a jar whereas the other pill is called 'Spirit Rejuvenating Pill' also have the same effect but takes more time to see the effect on the body, therefore, is less popular costing twenty low-level purity stones.

"I'll take the 'Blood Rejuvenating Pill'" Lin Feng said as he passed three low-level purity stones and soon got the jar containing the pills. The jar was just the size of two fists so it was pretty easy to carry. Lin Feng soon left the shop, he wasn't much interested in buying a pill at first then he thought that he might as well buy them, He can't waste those precious pills which he got after finishing the trial at Yu Hai Sect for small injuries.

After exiting the Pill shop I acted like putting the pill jar inside my chest pocket and transferred it into my storage ring and then just roamed around here and there to pass time looking at my surroundings, admiring women, looking at some entertainment facilities where I would be spending money after gaining more wealth and as I was doing it I circled the whole market area and returned back to where I entered and as I was leaving I glanced sideways to the pill shop from which I bought those pills and saw a brat in worn-out clothes prostrating to the shopkeeper while pointing at some pills. I was at the Second Ling Qi Layer so if I focused it would be very easy for me to listen in to the conversation, and so I did.

"Please let me take those pills, my grandfather is in his death's bed, I'm giving all the wealth I have right now to you, I promise to come back and give you back the rest of the money later, please..please let me take those pills." said the brat to the shopkeeper.

"You think I'm a fool brat? Forty low-level purity stones means forty, twenty stones won't do, If you want the pills pay up full right now, or else forget about it." the shopkeeper said directly not believing anything that the lad said...well I also have my doubts can't blame him.

The brat failing to convince the shopkeeper ran out of the shop and started begging the pedestrians nearby the shop for two low-level purity stones promising them that he will return them with a face filled with anxiety and tears...

'Meh, I already have a brat to take care of, not gonna involve myself with another brat.' I thought to myself and proceeded to exit but looks like fate didn't want that...the brat soon approached me from my side and said.

"Young master please, please help me I need twenty low-level purity stones to buy medicinal pills for my grandfather, he'll die if I don't give him them soon, please help me...I'll definitely repay it to you, please help me" the lad said while choking on his tears and seeing me still walking forward ignoring him, he looked like he had lost all hope and fell on the ground with his butt and started letting out all the tears that he had been holding back till now while trying to wipe them out with his now dirt-covered sleeves.

I sighed to myself and said "Hey kid, here" seeing that I got his attention I passed the purity stones to him and started walking my way. The kid soon realised what happened and immediately stood up and shouted "Thank you young master! I'll never forget your kindness and will repay you as soon as I can." before running inside the shop to buy those pills and then hurriedly ran with those pills back to his house.

Lin Feng had no hope of getting those stones back...the boy in anxiety didn't even mention how he was gonna return them to him..'It doesn't matter, I can always steal if need be' Lin Feng thought to himself and went back to the inn.

 

 

 

 

 

2