Episode 4- The usual badass protagonist
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before I knew it, the sun had begun to set and the library was gradually turning into the color of sunset.

Takashi and Aiki were quietly doing their work as library committee members.

Two men and two women, two people in a library at dusk.

The two of them didn't say a word in that situation, and there was a rather awkward atmosphere between them.

"Konno-kun getting detention, that's unusual... isn't it?"

As I've written before, the reason why Koji doesn't get detention is undoubtedly because of his dishonesty, and not because he's serious. I'm not sure what to make of it.

"Well...I'm not feeling well..."

"I see..."

(No, the conversation will stop...)

(No, the conversation will stop...) Takashi thought about it and decided to boldly ask him what was bothering him.

"I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it, but I'm sure I'll be able to do it.

"I tried to do something about it in the morning, but you see, today was the first period of the quiz, right?

"I tried to do something about it this morning, but you see, it was the first period of the quiz today.

"Oh, I see! First period is terrible, isn't it...

...

...

I'm sure you'll be glad to know that I'm not the only one who has a problem with this.

...

...

... ...

At that time, it was Aiki who opened her mouth first.

"Konno-kun... do you usually read books?

"Well, um..."

Takashi was at a loss for an answer. It's no wonder. Although he likes to read light novels that have been made into anime, they are not the kind of books that he could tell the honor student in front of him.

Aiki looked at the frazzled Koji with curious eyes.

(I'm not sure what to say.)

"I'm not sure if it's a good idea, but it's a good idea.

"I'm sure you're right...

In the end, thanks to Takashi's half-hearted answer, the conversation almost came to a halt again.

(This is... I have to do something...)

Koji managed to continue and open his mouth.

"Um, what kind of books do you read, Shimizu-san?

"What about me? Recently, I read... the silver light story?

"What?"

I'm not sure what to say.

Ginko Monogatari. It's a web novel that was submitted as pure literature and turned into a book. It was a multi-faceted success, receiving high praise from literary scholars and even being made into an anime.

The anime is also well done and has established its name as a famous anime among those in the otaku community.

Of course, there was no way Takashi didn't know about it.

"It's interesting, isn't it... Ginko Monogatari..."

"Konno-kun... you know it?"

"Yes, I've read all of them..."

"I see! That... last scene... was really good, wasn't it..."

Aiki's complexion changes.

"The last scene was really good, wasn't it?

The conversation was awkward. But for them, it was quite a progress.

...

...

...

After that, the conversation about Ginko Monogatari continued awkwardly, but lasted longer than expected, and before they knew it, the work of the book committee was over.

"I'm tired, aren't I?"

"Yes..."

At this point, Aiki pretended to think for a moment and opened her mouth.

"We're classmates, so why don't we stop using honorifics?

"Ah, yes, that's fine..."

"Nice to meet you!

"Okay, okay, okay..."

Aiki couldn't help but laugh at how upset Koji was.

"I'll see you tomorrow.

"See you tomorrow."

Koji unexpectedly became close to Aiki and left the school with his heart beating fast.

However, Takashi would later learn that Aiki's true nature was hidden in the conversation they had that day.

◆◆◆

"It's been years since I've talked to a girl like that..."

Koji put his face in the bathtub.

For Koji, who hadn't talked to any girls since entering high school, today's conversation with Aiki Shimizu was quite stimulating. On top of that, she was the most beautiful girl in her class.

Even now, when he was supposed to be relaxing in the bathtub, he couldn't control the beating of his heart.

"It's like the beginning of a romantic comedy... isn't it?

Takashi is a true otaku. There was no way he wouldn't react to this situation.

But as I mentioned before, he knows that this kind of romantic comedy will never happen to him.

"Petching!"

Realizing that he was being too smug, he immediately slapped his face with his smeared hand.

◆◆◆

Late that night. Takashi is talking to someone with his cell phone to his ear.

"All right, I'll see you that day. I'm looking forward to it."

"Okay, see you later."

...

...

...

"Noooooooo!"

Takashi's scream of joy echoed in the Konno house at night as he put down his cell phone.

Continue to next episode: Episode 5 

(*Actually currently on Haitus)

1