Chapter 2- Preparing for temporary housing (Part 1) – Get information!
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After shouting a few words to the far side of the ocean, Ayato was walking down the road towards the fortress city that was probably the royal capital. Across the road, he could see a large open gate and two gatekeepers dressed in iron armor. It would be quite difficult for an ordinary person to catch sight of the gatekeepers from here. It's a good idea to have a good idea of what you're doing.

"I'm not sure what to make of it. I wonder what I'll do if they start asking me troublesome questions.

 Thinking about this, Ayato thought of questions that the gatekeepers might ask him, and began to answer each question in his head.

 Soldier: You, what's your name?

 Me: Katsuragi Katsuragi, I'm Ayato Ayato!

 Soldier: How old are you?

 Me: I'm 17 years old.

 Soldier: Where are you from?

 Me: Ah, well, um... well...

 Soldier: Hmm? What is it?

 Me: Well... from the real world...

 Soldier: Yes?

 Me: ............

Oh no! I'm stuck on the third question! I'm done with this.

 Ayato was desperate when he realized that he couldn't answer the question that the gatekeeper was most likely to ask.

 He realized that he was already a few dozen meters from the gate. The gatekeeper was looking at him. But Ayato did not look at the soldiers, but looked down and thought about how to get through the gate.

(Should I force my way through here? No, that would start a bad rumor in the city ...... but ......)

 Ayato walked little by little, worrying. Then he came to a conclusion.

(Okay, we'll force our way through here! (All right, we're going to force our way through here!) As soon as we get just enough information in the city, we'll run away. (It's risky, but it's the only way for now!

 Having made his decision, Ayato looked forward. But...

"Hmm?"

 There was no gate there, and the city that he had just seen on the other side of the gate was spreading out. When he turned around, he saw a large wall and a gate standing in front of him. In front of the gate, the same soldier as before was standing there in a daze.

"What? Wait, wait, wait, wait. Any questions? What about forcible entry? What was my idea?"

 Knowing that the gates of this city could be easily passed through without any particular questions or body checks, Ayato felt indescribable.

"'Ha! Yes, this is not the time to be feeling like this! I have to get the information quickly!"

 Ayato came back to himself and found a building ahead of him that was just right.

"I'm not sure what to make of it.

 I'm not sure what to do.

 Once inside.

"Please come to window number four."

 It was a little unnerving because it came out of nowhere, but I didn't hesitate to go to the fourth window on the far right.

 When I got there, a beautiful dark-haired woman was sitting behind the counter.

"Please have a seat.

"......"

"Sir?"

"Yes! Oh, yes!

 I was mesmerized. I was completely mesmerized.

"What can I do for you today?

"Oh, yes, tell me about this city.

"Yes, this is Ardia, the royal capital of the Kingdom of Letonia. The population is about 15,000 and the area is about 30 square kilometers. As it is the royal capital, it is the largest city in the country.

(That means the population density is about 500 people, which is quite a lot. ...... But are there kilometers in this world?

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do that.

"I'm not sure what else to tell you.

"I want to know about the Letonian royalty.

"The royal family lives in that castle that you can see ...... outside. The king is Neuriko Letonian and the queen is Lily Letonian.

"And the daughter?"

"Daughter? Lina Lettonia?

Oh, you have a princess? I don't know her face, but she's a good candidate.

"How old is she?

"Lady Lina turned 17 last month."

Seventeen! The same age! Yeah, I'm getting more and more curious. I can't wait to meet her.

 (I can't wait to meet her.) Ayato's imagination is gradually growing.

"Is there anything else?"

"Hmm, yeah, let's talk about other countries. ......"

"Ah, yes. About countries, specifically, ......."

 Ayato's question period lasted for three to forty minutes. Ayato was tired, and the lady at the counter seemed to be having a hard time.

"Hey, is there anything else I can do for you, ......?"

"Well, lastly, can you tell me ...... where the guild is and ...... where I can buy a house?"

"Yes, yes. Yes, the guild is located on the main street outside this building, to the right, just before the outer gate is the National Guild Center. If you want to buy a house, you can go to the Tionis Trading Company right in front of the guild.

"Tionis Trading Company... okay, thank you."

 Thus ended the longest question period in Ayato's life. The two of them were exhausted from the unaccustomed long conversation.

"I'm sorry for answering so many questions on ......."

 When Ayato spoke apologetically, the sister smiled despite her fatigue.

"It's okay, it's my job."

 Ayato became more and more apologetic when he heard those words.

(What should I do? I want to give her some kind of reward. ...... But what should I give her? I'm not sure what to do.

 I'm sure you'll be able to find something that works for you.

"I'm sure you'll be happy to hear that.

 The pendant was presented to her sister. It's a great way to make sure you're getting the most out of your vacation.

"What? It's okay, it's okay! No, it's not a gratuity. ......"

 The lady at the counter was confused by the sudden event.

"Please, please. Please accept it."

 It's a good idea to have a good idea of what you're looking for.

"I'm sure you'll be able to understand. If you say so much, I'll accept it gratefully.

 Finally, he accepted it. I'm not sure what to do.

"But..."

 I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do that. And then the sister's voice dropped to a whisper.

"However, this will remain a secret.

"Okay, I promise."

 I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, but it's a good idea. At this time, Ayato saw that the woman seemed to be blushing a little, but she did not say anything.

 After handing over the gratuity (gift), Ayato finally said

"I really appreciate your help today. Thank you."

 She was a little embarrassed, but she expressed her gratitude to her sister. She was also a little embarrassed.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

 After a few moments of silence, Ayato left his seat and turned to the counter as he left.

"I'll come back if I need anything else.

 I'll come back if I need anything else," he said in a slightly nice voice. Then she smiled and said, "Please come again!

"Please come again! I'll be waiting for you!

 Hearing those words, Ayato's inner heart was in a state of super fever. However, he didn't show it, but kept a cool expression on his face.

"Oh, I get it."

 He left the building with a bit of regret.

 Needless to say, the lady at the counter was one of Ayato's harem candidates at this time.

                  ☆

 The other information Ayato got at the information center was as follows.

About the country.

 I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not.

"The Kingdom of Theodora, and the Kingdom of Luanna, which are collectively called the Five Kingdoms.

 Each country is separated by a mountain range.

 Each country is separated from the other by a mountain range.

About "Currency

 100 bronze coins = 1 silver coin, 100 silver coins = 1 gold coin

100 bronze coins = 1 silver coin, 100 silver = 1 gold coin, 100 gold = 1 platinum coin.

 To avoid confusion, all five countries share the same currency.

For the sake of confusion, the currency is the same for all five countries.

 Ardia ... The royal capital of the Kingdom of Letonia and the largest city in the country.

 Rafton: The southernmost city, closest to the Kingdom of Lavia. The second largest city after Ardia.

The second largest city after Ardia.

 Fault ... Located in the north, facing the sea. Trade is active.

No. 1 in the country

About the Guild

 You can receive rewards based on your achievements and rank by completing "quests," which are requests from the Guild Center or private citizens.

By completing "quests," which are requests from the guild center or private citizens, you can receive rewards based on your achievements and rank.

 There are many types of work, such as killing monsters, gathering resources, transporting goods, and escorting.

Guild Rank (GR)

 The initial Guild Rank (GR) is "Rank E", and the rank increases depending on the evaluation and number of achievements. The rank increases in the order of E→D→C→B→A→S.

 You can receive requests as many times as you like in a day.

About "Monsters

 Monsters occur naturally, but their locations are usually fixed.

 There are places where several kinds of monsters occur in the same place, and there are places where only the same kind of monster occurs.

Some places have several kinds of monsters, while others only have the same kind.

 There are individual differences in the level and ability of the same monster. There are individual differences in the levels and abilities of the same monster, and some of them can produce unique monsters that are many times more powerful than others.

 Monsters also reproduce.

 There were many other things I had heard. "What is the best restaurant in Ardia? "Are there many pretty girls in this country?" and "Are there many pretty girls in this country?" They were all silly questions, so I won't describe them here.

                  ☆

 After leaving the information center, Ayato was walking through the shopping district towards the national guild center.

"But there are a lot of ...... people here. Well, I suppose that's a good thing."

 Not only does Aldia have a lot of people, but it also attracts a lot of travelers and warriors. Because of this, the shopping streets are always bustling with activity.

 While walking through the city, Ayato found this.

"Two apples, 1B bronze: ......"

 To be honest, I was surprised that apples, a familiar fruit, existed in this world, but Ayato got a more important hint.

"In the real world, two apples cost about 100 yen ......, which means one bronze = 100 yen?

 From the price of the apples, he was able to convert one bronze into a yen. If I knew the value of one bronze, I could also convert silver and gold into yen, so I quickly did the math.

"I quickly calculated the value of silver and gold. In the same way, ......1 gold is worth 1 million yen and 1 platinum is worth 100 million yen. ...... Wow, one coin is worth a billion."

 Nevertheless, although platinum gold coins do exist, they are rarely circulated. Since they are no longer issued, even the government has only a few dozen of them. It is like the 2,000 yen bill in Japan.

"But there are so many stores. I've been walking for about 20 minutes now, and I can't see the end of the shopping street.

 The shopping street in Aldia is one of the largest in the five countries, with a total length of about two kilometers. The Information Center is located at the eastern end of the shopping arcade, and the National Guild Center is located at the western end of the shopping arcade. In other words, Ayato is moving from one end of the shopping arcade to the other. In addition, there are many people, so it takes time.

"I don't know why they made it so long.

 As I walked along, complaining to whoever had built the shopping arcade, I finally arrived at the guild center. The journey took about 30 minutes. It took me about 30 minutes, about the same amount of time it takes to ask questions at the information center.

"Well, I'm finally here. It took a while, but ...... is okay. This is where I work. I'm going to get all my work done and make some money.

 I muttered to myself as I walked into the guild center.

The inside of the guild center was cleaner and more organized than I had expected. The inside of the guild center was cleaner and more organized than I expected, more like the waiting room of a hospital. At the back of the room, there are a number of counters, where swordsmen in armor and wizards with wands are going through various procedures. On the bulletin board in the back left corner, there were a number of memo-like papers. I knew immediately that it was a quest, because it said 'Quests currently available' on the board.

"I knew immediately that this was the quest. Let's go."

 There was a chair in front of the window, and a woman who looked like a receptionist was sitting behind it. Although there are no partitions, it looks just like an information center.

 With this in mind, Ayato walked up to the counter and sat down on the chair as the receptionist said, "Please have a seat.

"I see you are a new member. Please wait, I'll bring you the information.

 I was a little puzzled when the admission procedure started as soon as I sat down, but I didn't show it on my face.

 After a few dozen seconds or so, the receptionist from earlier came back. She was holding two pieces of paper in her hand, one light blue and one pink. Then she pulled the papers out of the window.

"On the light blue paper, please fill in your name, date of birth, etc."

"Oh, okay."

 Ayato then began to fill out the form. However, since the effect of the 10000 times ability was in effect, he wrote it in an instant.

"What's this pink paper?

"That paper is the pledge for membership. Please read through the entire document and sign at the end.

 It is true that the pink paper is filled with black letters. However, Ayato's reading ability was a thousand times better, so he finished reading it in a few seconds. Of course, he had the contents in his head. He wrote his signature firmly and submitted the two sheets of paper.

I said, "Let me check. Let's see, ......, yes, you've filled out everything. Now, please wait a moment while I bring you your membership card.

 With that, the receptionist left her seat again.

"I'm now a member of the guild. Okay, I'll get my card and get to work.

 I muttered to myself. As I was picturing myself defeating the monster, the receptionist came back. In her hand, where she had been holding the documents earlier, was a silver card. The receptionist sat down on a chair and carefully presented the card to me.

"You are now a member of the guild. You are now a member of the guild and can accept quests, so please go to window number one.

"Oh, thank you."

 After expressing his gratitude, Ayato left his seat and headed for the first window.

 There was no one in line at the first window, so he was able to talk to her immediately.

"Welcome to the quest window. What kind of quest would you like to take this time?"

(Oh, man, I haven't seen the quest board on .......)

 I was so excited that I forgot about the bulletin board. I glanced behind me and saw that there was already a line.

(If I go back here, I'll have to wait in a long line. ...... Okay, let's do this.

"Do you have any recommended quests?"

 It was a bold move. It was a bold move, but the receptionist answered me without any confusion.

"I'd like to recommend the 'Beast Hunting Quest'. The rewards are reasonable. Oh, but the recommended rank for this is B......."

"I'll take that one.

 I decided immediately. The only deciding factor was the amount of reward. I just wanted to get some money for now. It's a great way to get the most out of your money. Even if I didn't buy a house, I would need money to eat and live. It's the most important thing to survive in the city.

"But you're ranked E, sir. Are you okay?"

"No problem. I want to go now.

"Oh, ......, I see. ......"

 The receptionist said in a dazed manner and started the procedure. She was filling out some papers.

"I'm ready to go. Here's your ticket.

 I had never seen this before. It was the first time I had ever seen such a thing, a rough paper with unreadable characters engraved on it.

"What are you going to do with it?

"Oh, you're new here, aren't you? Please tear the ticket when you go on a quest. Then you'll be warped to that location."

 Followed by.

"And please understand that we cannot be held responsible for any accidents or injuries that may occur during the quest.

 The receptionist said in a slightly lower tone. I guess she meant it as a warning. But Ayato was not listening. He wanted to tear up the ticket as soon as possible, and that was all he could think about.

"Well, good luck!"

 The moment the receptionist said that, Ayato tore up his ticket.

0