Prologue I – The Start of It All
90 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Lin Tian. That is ‘forest’ Lin and ‘land cultivation’ Tian. My father named me as such so that I would help flourish the Lin Family. And that was what I had intended to do when I grew up if not for the fact that my idiotic father had to anger a powerful fortune teller.

 

Now, my family was not the superstitious type. However, after being cursed by the fortune teller to a millennium of misfortune, we began to experience bad luck almost daily. It started out small, ranging from getting hit by bird poop to wetting the bed.

 

But, as time went by, the misfortunes increased both in number and in proportion. Seven years ago, because the misfortunes started with my father, my immediate family and I were cast out of the Lin Family. Five years ago, my father who was working as a construction worker died from falling off a building.

 

Because the company my father worked for deemed my father’s death as suicide and tainting their public name, the company sued us instead of giving us compensation. Naturally, we lost and became deep in debt.

 

My mother could not pay the debt and committed suicide three years later. I was twenty years old. For three whole years, I’ve worked hard to earn money only to have it lost due to some accident one way or another.

 

And then…I had enough. I cursed the heavens above and any gods and goddesses who reside up there. As if to respond to my curses, I was run over by a truck.

 

I should be dead but…somehow, I was not.

4