Chapter 37
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was about ten pm but the library was still packed with students from humanities and engineering. The reading rooms were also brimming especially in the faculty of health sciences.

The reason was obviously because it was exam week so the students were giving their all to their studies. Principal Park did compliment them on how much this shows their dedication to their studies to study so whole heartedly but he did raise the fact that he does not like how they only seem to act like students when exam period is nearing. They would be given three thousand slides over the course of the study for each of their modules which could be six to eight , a total of more than eighteen thousand slides plus question banks and all this would be atleast thirty thousand.

The next thing they would then expect to get all that content packed inside the their brain at the last minute. How on earth is that a tactical skill? Do they seriously see a fruitful outcome from this?He is not saying they should not study for this week , he is just raising the notion that the possibility for the content to stick would increase if the content was reviewed occasionally, not under such stressful condition 

In spite of his reprimand, the students were not in the slightest bit inclined to modify their ways . This last-minute studying was probably an in-built trait so they can't just out of the blue, adopt a new one.

Anyway that was the situation right now.

Life seemed to be going on everywhere but in the admin block it was grave silent,which is pretty ideal for what was going on tonight .

Since it is very late there are no office workers except those who could be working late but as of now there was not a soul nearby, well maybe except the guards.

Doyoung and Jungkook were in the underground parking lot that was empty. The lights down here are very dim for some arbitrary reason but apparently there are cameras here. However that issue has been handled since the power cord were sliced and this time San s team is innocent

Withal ,both of them were dressed from head to toe in black and they were barely noticeable especially Doyoung because he was wearing a black cap and his black collared jacket was zipped all the way up and the collars were raised to  conceal some of his face ,like a mask. He had on a hands-free device and was using his tablet to look through the blue-print of the admin.

The blueprint was as expected of the eliteness of this team, a 3D layout with hundred percent toggle activation  . There were a lot of configuration as he moved from one angle of the admin block to the other. Periodically as he clicked or toogled on an element to view it, it would show everything about that element. Like the elevator that leads into the admin. If he clicks on it once ,it will show basic information like number of network capables passing by the elevator, the IP address of the camera inside and which network it's connected to  . Clicking it twice will lead him to view the elevator excluding it from everything then giving further info like make and model,domain connection, any acess points ,to mention but a few

There are many things this blue print can show but one that is currently very much noticable is the red blinking dot. The blinking dot was according to the tablet in the basement which is true as the blinking light symbolize the small camera that Jung has in his backpack right now . The said backpack as some equipment that Jung is going to need like the u-gloves and night-vision.

As for the small camera, it is not a tracker itself nor does it possess one . The thing is they just added that feature of having the camera's position get shown as a blinking light once the device is connected. So the blinking means it is working and is communicating with SanHa.

That being the case,Doyoung was on the phone with MingYu who was standing somewhere on one of SeJun 's high roofs ,observing for any motion into the admin block through the heat sensor glasses. Its incredible how they have such equipment like these glasses. It's the third version of the first prototype . This one is more advanced because it's like night vision but it also shows heat radiation. Meaning that he can see the contour of the things that don't have heat radiation. And those that have heat are shown as purple figures.

Anyway,the only heat he is supposed to see from the basement should be from two people..and from the surface there are some guards . There are three of them  moving about in the place.Since the computer incident, security patrol has been doubled, they move around frequently. It was nerve wrecking because one of their station and all patrol routes, is near the elevators and emergency stairs. They could definitely hear when someone use either of the two.

This means that the probability of them hearing Jung is practically inevitable. The emergency stairs door creaks too loudly.The elevators will produce a bell sound that is impossible to miss in the dead of the night like this. So as of now the pattern that the security guards follow will determine how Jung enters the building. And that is what MingYu and Doyoung who is conferencing with SanHa, are trying to figure out. But by the looks of things the elevator seems like the best alternative.

Now the question would be why didn't Jung just stay somewhere inside if acess is so complex. The answer is where would Jung stay. SanHa would have to keep his head looking at the screens and all that would be too risky plus he would only be able to execute the plan at night so it's better if they just do it now.

That being that, JunHui was also on one of the other building's rooftop too but his duty was to use the connection of the cameras, Ethernet cable, HDMI basically anything connected to a network across the entire admin block to map out areas that have the transmission of data . This is basically what they need to cement onto the blueprint that was hand drawn from observation. So JunHui is using that and the drawing then merging them before transmitting it to DoYoung s tablet. They couldn't do this before hand because of the firewall incident so they have do it live and merge it at once but it seems everything is exactly is a perfect fit with the drawing. Doyoung is really exceptional at this without a word 

Anyway, SanHa is the one who was maintaining the connection to the small lense and making sure it's configuration and algorithm stays the same while also making sure that that foreign network is not going to make the connection admist this mission. All this he ensures by running three scans across the system

Everyone was at this point bitting their lower lip and hoping this goes well especially San who was with SanHa in the car just a few meters outside the school . He was watching everything on two screens, all that was being transmitted between those on the field was displayed seamlessly .Sanha on the other hand was working on two other screens and his PC.

" Okay , everything seems to be fine now. SanHa will open the elevator for you after one minute. The cameras are being tamed.", Doyoung told Jung while he was zooming in and out of the blue print. There was a hundred percent match but DoYoung is just double checking. And he was about to complete his second match when the timer popped onto the screen at the far right corner

The lack of a response from Jung made Doyoung raise his eyes . Indeed jung was not paying attention to what he is saying. He had clutched his first and he was standing starting at the timer on the clock above the elevator.

Elevators don't have timers by then again rules are made to be broken.

" Don't worry too much. It won't make things any easier", He told him that but he didn't sound all that confident so that justifies why Jung didn't respond to him either.

Plus jungkook was too uneasy. It's not the mission but rather the fact that there are so many people here and there is security inside the building. He is literally going to have to pass by them . What if something happens and they find him . How is he going to survive that.

Admist all this,  SanHa gave the green light to DoYoung after outlining a few things. After he was done, when Doyoung looked at the countdown timer on his phone which was the replica of the one on the elevator, it was almost thirty seconds later.

Though he wishes that they had more time he is also aware that they are already late with schedule because this camera was suppose to be up two weeks ago and they are only doing it now. Plus with SanHa having a problem with that silent network, they seriously can't afford to mess this up in anyway possible.

Jung kept his eyes on the timer and before he knew it the elevator doors parted away.

SanHa was connected to the camera of the elevator so he and San could see the elevator doors opening for Jung. But the one who was front row to the action was DoYoung.

Since those doors part was like opening a can of anxiety to all those who were watching.

Jung exhaled and he raised his hand to his ear to activate  his hands-free before then he walked ahead.Within every impact his shoe made in the floor,  he really wished to just turn away and run back home to cuddle with his pillow but he can't disapoint San knowing how much a lot is skating on this. He has to swallow the bitter pill of looking at possible failure and running to it with open arms.

Five seconds late he entered the elevator, he turned around. The first thing his eyes landed on was DoYoung and despite the darkness of the place , it could clearly see that he was anxious too.

He smiled while looking at him and the expressionless Doyoung stared at the level of bravery that he was witnessing . He felt partly proud of him for having that kind of courage but he was still a lot more nervous. Anxiety was screaming every cell on of Jung s face and it was proportional to the rate in which the same anxiety was germinating in Doyoung

As they were still staring at each other, the elevator doors started to close and for some reason, it felt like they were compressing Doyoung s chest.

A lot of unfavorable emotions surged through him but all of which thad a seasoning of fear and regret. Some felt like merely gazing at a huge part of his soul get wripped off and he is just standing there without even trying to reach out in spite of that piece being the catalyst that keeps the remaining half alive.

He felt like he is losing hugely . His mind was starting to scare his heart and it was making his eyes start to sting.

Why is he feeling like this? Why does it feel like he is making a big mistake?

0