Chapter 55
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍Two hours into mid evening, ChanYi walks into EunWoo 's room and he finds him facing to the side but still in bed. He wasn't sure if he was awake yet so proceeded to turn on the lights and change the room temperature to a cooler setting. 

His room is very large for a penthouse.   it's about sixty by sixty feet and the walls are fifteen feet high. 

At the corner of the room is a study set-up that has a  a large flat-screen computer and a wireless keyboard and mouse.  usually there is some keys or books when EunWoo studies there but now it only has some  different types of pills like antacids and antibiotics that Felix left for him. He bought those because he thought EunWoo was sick. 

There is only one window and it is opposite the door. The window is in place of a wall so it is very large spanning from roof to ground with no spaces.  Though gigantic , only a small portion of it can be opened to the balcony outside. Otherwise there is a large dark green curtain that blocks the light , with the help of other lacey light drapes underneath. The drapes are significantly translucent therefore when used all light is dispersed into the room like drizzle. Most of the time EunWoo uses them with the glass windows open and the mosquito cover on so that they blow gently. Such an instance is right now. They are wide open yet he has not  been visited by a single insect.

Moving from the window , his bed can fit four grown adults and can support twice their collective mass. The overall design was probably made for tossing sleepers which EunWoo isn't. So this bed for him is just a status symbol. And this is further highlighted by the enormous and extremely luxurious duvet and sheet covers that are custom made for this bed only in Belgium. 

The nightstand are light grey in colour and have cylindrical lanterns hanging over them. The lamps emit a warm orange light that is very friendly to the eyes and does a formidable job of helping one sleep when they are on. Of course they are not the only source of light as the ceiling has inbuilt small circular lights bordering its perimeter. These lights are adjustable just like an air conditioner . Infact they are installed with it and connected to it. 

This means  that for every metric foot  of light, there is a funnel for the AC. This construction helps to distribute freshness or  warmth in the room. Added to this , is their petit vacuum feature. The AC can suck out any of odor from the room and purify the air in the same instance. It's an amazing product that was worth its hefty price tag since like the lamps it has four switches all over the room . One by the door, by the bed , by the window and by the corridor to the inbuilt bathroom and walk-in closet.

At the foot of the monstrous slumber fortress is a back-less black seat that has a similar material as the sofas through the whole house. The seat is placed opposite another pair of leather sofas. They are distanced from each other to avoid congestion when seating on them. One of them was containing EunWoo's school bag and the other a used towel he wiped his face with when he arrived . His school uniform was on the floor , just like some of his pillows and half of the duvet cover. They won't get dirty because this house is always cleaned thoroughly every three days.

Anyway ChanYi sat by the nightstand and he continued to fiddle the lamps to a dim shade. EunWoo didn't react to that even though he was long awake and was just staring as the wind blew the curtains.

" How did you break your phone? You know Hansol is already freaking out about your careless phone usage like last time you installed everything and the battery blew up", He whispered to him and  EunWoo just exhaled without commenting.

Knowing ChanYi and how he just began the conversation, it's obvious he wants to say something else . If he was really concerned he would have inquired on EunWoo's health before anything but he just went to the phone thing. Also EunWoo doesn't want to talk about the phone especially not to anyone in this house. 

" Tzuyu and a boy are having a meal together. They look really close even for 'friends' ", he told him as he moved closer onto the bed.. 

EunWoo was right. All along that they have been checking on him, they were plotting on how to further complicate his life . It would have been better if they were just parasites depending on his parents' money but them being pathogens is on another level. He didn't reply so ChanYi went on to explain how EunWoo should be angry that Tzuyu is having lunch with another male.

" You should do something!!", He encouraged him and that was his way of saying that he wants EunWoo to be dramatic and make a scandal over this.

" I don't want to..", he answered without moving or acknowledging his company. Despite him speaking softly , tears were trickling out of his eyes. They were silent streams so he didn't sob but nonetheless they were very heart- wrenching for him. His vulnerability right now is invoked by the dreams he just had and the restlessness of his mind. 

" What do you mean? Isn't she your girl?", He asked in a manipulative tone.

' Did you forget the part where a video was released about me potentially cheating on her? You guys never made it clear that I could talk to her but I know you will throw a fit and make things worse for us if  I do. By default I have to keep my distance if I want to protect her but you are finding ways to make that a problem. Basically whether I am near or far way I will always be a problem. So is someone like that qualified to say they deserve to overreact over nothing like lunch with someone else? ", 

" I still don't want to ", he replied hurtfully.

" It doesn't matter but in the future it will. What if that guy steals her from you?? ", 

' whose idea was it to send ChanYi? Clearly this is not for the benefit of EunWoo!',

" Where are they? ", 

" Nunbit!! ", He answered and his voice pitched showing that he likes what EunWoo is implying.

" I think I will go order something there", he responded and ChanYi clapped his hands before he stood up and left the room. 

Immediately after respectfully sealing the doors, EunWoo turned his face to the ceiling and he inhaled in the heaviness. He proceeded to place his hands over his face as he vigorously rubbed them

Why does he have to torture Tzuyu for nothing? EunWoo trusts that Tzuyu won't cheat even if she is sort of believing he could. She might not be perfect but she doesn't deserve this. At the state she is in , she is not likely to engage in a relationship with anyone. That person she is with is probably her only genuine support system but now he has to make things awful by destroying their simple union. 

He pushed the covers and wiped off the tears as well as the swelling he could feel. His head was throbbing from crying in his sleep and being dehydrated 

Though this is unnecessary and to some point seeming like he enjoys her pain, he can't help feeling like the relationship is a two way street. Tzuyu should try to approach him and talk things over but she hasn't. All she is doing is crying and acting like the victim. The whole school is pitying her and now this guy. She should have ran to EunWoo first not some random person . EunWoo doesn't even know if they are really friends as ChanYi insists because he has never heard of him but anyone who stands this close to Tzuyu such that predators like Gichan can spot him must,  mean that there is more to what meets the eye.

He swayed to the humongous and chic closet then he wore yesterday 's clothes. After that he soaked himself in cologne before looking in the mirror.

" This is a mess", he checked his breath and it smelled like a dead horse. 

He went and washed his face and brushed his teeth. He doesn't want to shower because he intends to go back to bed when he returns. 

He walked out of the room and out of the house without greeting the person in the living room. There was only Hansol. Everyone else disappeared to their lives or somewhere in this house. 

It doesn't matter. He will come back and they will be here since something tells him they will want to know how it went. He called the chauffeur and he walked to the underground parking lot that is twenty floors down. 

***

Thirty minutes later , his car stopped in front of Nunbit. He told the driver that he shouldn't park far away as he won't take too long.On that note he got off the car and he defeatedly straddled towards the restaurant. 

" How am I going to explain why I am here?", He was clueless but then he held his hand to his ear like he was holding a phone.

He then boastfully walked into the restaurant like he was on a call.

" Ahhh, yes wait did you reserve a table? Don't you know who I am? You must reserve a table for a chaebol like myself...", He pretended to scold someone as he looked for his girlfriend.

Five seconds later he located her facing directly to him. 

0