Obtaining Backing in DxD
3.1k 9 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was about two years after the Shidou family moved out of Kuoh Town, Jun was now 12 years of age and in his Workshop training, as per usual when a tall man appearing to be in his twenties with an average build, black hair, golden bangs and black goatee showed up at his door while looking straight into his magical surveillance feed as if waiting to be let him.

"What the hell is he doing here . . . ?" Jun asked no one in particular, merely being surprised by the sudden visitor.

'Azazel . . . The Governor General of the Fallen Angels and Grigori . . . What does he want?' Jun thought before letting him in.

'It's not like I can stop him if he wants to force his way in and he is a pretty chill guy so he's probably not here to harm me.' He theorized.

"Hello there, Haikami Jun-kun, my name is Azazel." The fallen angel introduced himself.

"And what with the Governor General of the Fallen Angels himself want with me?" Jun inquired

"Oh? You know who I am? This will make things a lot easier." Azazel said, letting the question of how Jun knew of him pass since he did not really care.

"I came her to make you an offer Jun. Can you call you that?" He started.

"Go ahead." Jun said in response.

"I've read a report of one of my fellow fallen angels about your little scuffle with a few exorcists." Azazel revealed.

'Looks like someone peeked on me without me noticing . . .' Jun gravely thought.

"And?" He asked.

"I'm quite interested in you. I seem to sense a Sacred Gear in you but it feels quite different from any sacred gear I have previously encountered so I'd like to invite you into my organization."

"I'll provide the resources and training you need and, in return, I get to watch your progress and development. What do you think?" Azazel proposed.

'An enticing offer. I have to explain nothing, only let myself be observed. In return, I get to use Grigori's resources to improve myself . . . Having the backing of such a key figure will also help should I get into trouble with a big fish . . .' Jun considered.

"I am finding your offer to be quite pleasing but I have two requests. While not demands, I'd really appreciate if you can fulfill them." Jun said.

"Let's hear them then." Azazel said in a good mood.

"One is information. I'd like you to look for a few individuals and tell me their locations. This is the most important. As for the other . . . It is a bit more unreasonable so if it's impossible I really don't mind." Jun said.

"If it's just looking for people there's really no problem. As for the second, try me." Azazel responded.

"I have one Vritra's sacred gears, Absorption Line with me." Jun shared.

"Oh?" Azazel was intrigued.

"I have a little project in mind but I require the other three of the set and I was wondering if you could help me procure them." Jun put forward his second request.

"I have the other three sacred gears of Vritra so you're in luck but . . . I do have conditions since this is far beyond something I can give without proper reason." Azazel said.

'It sure seemed like you gave them to Saji in the original series without much reason though . . .' Jun complained in his mind.

"Don't worry, its nothing major. I just want two things in exchange." Azazel assuaged.

"And what would those be?" Jun inquired.

"Firstly, a demonstration of your "project" after it is complete." Azazel laid is first condition.

"Fair enough. What about the second?" Jun replied.

"I'll have you run a couple of errands for me." Azazel said.

Jun just looked at him with suspicion.

"Don't worry, you'll just be doing a couple of jobs with my daughter, she could use some friends." Azazel explained.

"Your daughter?" Jun asked.

'Zazel has a daughter!?' He was inwardly shocked but didn't let it show.

"Yeah, my adopted daughter, Valia." Azazel revealed.

'Valia . . . Does he mean Vali!? A genderbent Vali!? I don't know what to feel about this . . .' Jun thought to himself.

"So, how about it?" Azazel asked.

"Alright, I'll take the deal." Jun agreed and they both shook hands on it.

"Great! Let me take you to Grigori's facility then." Zazazel said and, with Jun's agreement, teleported them both to said facility.

"This is Grigori's HQ you probably not spend much time here but we have to get you registered into out system." Azazel said.

After taking Jun to a special room where he was scanned by a strange device, he gave him a card with his picture and name on it.

"That's your ID and it will double as an access card for Grigori's facilities." Azazel explained.

"One of which is the Dimensional Elevator. We based it on the Underworld Train used by the Devils and it connects all of Grigori's facilities in the various dimensions." He continued.

"We'll take it now so you know how to use it." Azazel said.

"Where to?" Jun asked.

"We have housing for you to live in. My daughter lives there as well and since you'll be working together in the future, it ought to make things easier. It is also connected to other Grigori facilities so it's simply a matter of convenience for you to live there from now on." Azazel explained.

'He probably wants to keep a close eye on me as well.' Jun thought,

"I'm convinced." He replied to Azazel's little speech.

"Valia will show you Nephilim, our school for our human members tomorrow. If you want to further your training, that's where you get the chance. I'll assign a teacher to look after you as well." Azazel informed.

"Sound good." Jun responded.

"My daughter is out at the moment so just settle in your room and personalize it however you want. I have some stuff to finish up but here, have this." Azazel gave Jun what looked like a smartphone.

"You know how to use a smartphone?" Azazel asked.

"Sure." Jun replied.

"This works basically the same way and you can use it to contact me you need something." Azazel said.

"Okay thanks." Jun said in response.

And so, after some other talk like who exactly Jun wanted Azazel to find and such, the fallen angel left Jun alone in his room to settle in.

'Alright then. It's been a while so let's check out my stats . . .' He thought.

*

Name: Haikami Jun

Race: Human/Dragon Hybrid

Gender: Male

Parameters:

    Strength: D

    Endurance: D

    Agility: D

    Mana: C+

    Luck: EX

    Magic Circuits/Core: EX

    Affinity: True Void

Skills:

Scion of the Void (-/UEX)

Martial Mastery (C): Denotes knowledge of general principles of martial arts. Allows one to reproduce any martial art, with mastery equivalent to one rank below this skill so long as they see it being performed or performed some manner of training on it.

-Kalaripayattu (D)

-Pankration (D)

-Chinese Boxing (D): Martial arts that made becoming one with the universe as its objective. Its learning difficulty is of the highest level and, unlike other Skills, only at A Rank that one is at a level where one is said to have finally "learned it".

-Snake Assassination Arts (D): Assassination arts used by the organization that trained Kuzuki Souichirou. Focused on unpredictable attacks with strange trajectories, targeted at vital spots.

-Nanaya Assassination Arts (D): Skills of the Nanaya clan that allow one to move and attack at superhuman speeds and crawl on surfaces like insects as well as move in utter silence while doing it.

-Jacob's Limbs (D): Ancient martial art practiced by christian saints and prophets like Martha and Mosese. Created by Jacob.

Ascetic (B)

Breathing and Walking (E)

Magic Resistance (C->B): At this rank, spells with a chant below three verses are negated. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for the user to be affected. Nearly unstoppable opponent to a modern Nasuverse Magus.

Dragon Kind Evolution (E):

-Dragon Heart (E):

-Dragon's Aura (E):

-Dragon's Wisdom (E)

-Draconic Enhancement (E)

-Dragon Breath (E)

Magecraft:

Reinforcement (B->A): Top ranked skill in reinforcement magecraft. Allows for the raising of any reinforced object or parameter by one rank and can be used on any object except Divine Constructs.

Magic Bullet (B->A+): Mastery of the process to convert one's magical energy into magical bullets. Extreme rates of fire, even at maximum firepower, is possible without any significant strain to the user. Said maximum power is equivalent in power to a large artillery cannon.

Extreme control over the characteristics of the projectile can be exerted. From trajectory, strength, speed, piercing power or explosive power and even elemental modifiers.

Magic Burst (C->A): Improved Magic Burst where the Magic Core produces magical energy that is converted to spell format upon flowing into the Magic Circuits than channel and release it. Equivalent to Mana Burst Skill of the same Rank but Much more efficient.

Due to the modifications made to the process of converting the magical energy into power by using the Magic Core and Magic Circuits in concert. It no longer has the limitation on only being useable on one's limbs and can be applied to one's whole body and weapons.

Mental Archive (C->B): Large volumes of information can be stored in an organized manner and in perfect detail. Skills and magic that affect one's memory are negated so long as their rank does not surpass A. They are merely weakened otherwise.

Thought Acceleration (C->B): Accelerates one's thought processes to beyond a supercomputer, close to the level of a quantum computer.

Memory Partition (C->B): Allows for 5 mental "rooms" with first order tetration, resulting in a total of 3125 thought processes split equally between each room.

Memory Manipulation (D)

Rune Magecraft (D->C): A very decent mastery of rune based magecraft. Better than most modern magic but far from an ancient master of the art.

Imaginary Numbers Magecraft (D): Basic mastery of the magecraft. Allows user to open small storage spaces by accessing the Imaginary Number Space and perform a number of spells specialized for dealing with spiritual bodies.

Numerology (D): A branch of Kabbalah learned at a basic level. Allows for better control and enhancement of other spells as well as applying various variables and vectors to magical energy to give it effects. Allows for limited manipulation of elemental magecraft.

Time Manipulation (E): The ability to separate the passage of time inside a designated space from the "flow of time" in the outside world.

It is classified as High-Thaumaturgy in the form of a Bounded Field that can be regarded as a type of Reality Marble in a way, but still not something extraordinarily difficult to utilize like other time related magecraft or something on the level of the True Magic that is unable to be replicated.

Allows for "time adjustment" that can only stagnate the time which has passed and accelerate time in the future rather than something more advanced like "time modification", which has the ability to reverse cause and effect and change the past.

Generally used with large scale rituals that require a large amount of Magical Energy and planning in order to activate it. Magecraft of the Emiya Household. At the current rank, one's mastery is extremely basic and no major effects can be produced.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR week ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novel Archon of DanMachi, do check it out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

88