Talent Hunt III
486 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment Jun reached Logos React, something happened.

A projection manifested in front of him, a projection of Zepia Eltnam Atlasia, the current director of the Atlas Institute.

If he was being honest, Jun expected something of the sort would happen which is why he kept his form and presence blurry and vague even after materializing back into the real world.

"Greetings stranger." Zepia greeted him.

Jun contemplasted ignoring the projection and just take Logos React into Domina Coronam which would cut off any connection to the outside world, allowing Jun to fully analyze it and make sure it could not become a trojan horse.

His curiosity won over his caution however and, deducing Zepia could not actually impede his current plans in any critical way without his identity, Jun decided to talk with the man, or Vampire, before stealing his institute's property.

"Greetings. To what do I know the honor of this meeting?" Jun greeted back and asked a polite question.

"Partly because I want to dissuade you from what I deduce to be your intended action. Stealing Atlas' property." Zepia replied.

"Fair enough, what about the other part?" Jun responded.

"Ah yes, the other part and main reason we are having this meeting, is due to the unexpectedness of your presence." Zepia revealed.

"Oh? Jun was intrigued.

"You see . . . I'm always calculating possible futures, the countless possibilities of reality, scripts I call them." Zepia began to explain.

"And?" Jun bade him to continued.

"And, not to brag, but that results in me never being fully surprised as, despite not knowing which script will become reality, I have almost never face a situation I did not see at all, especially when I'm directly involved." Zepia concluded his explanation.

"I see . . . My presence was completely unexpected and so earned your curiosity." Jun summarized Zepia's point.

"Indeed but it is not so simple." Zepia partially agreed.

"It is not just your presence that is unexpected but your very existence. I have calculated endless possibilities for the future and not once did you appear. Very strange considering how powerful, unrestricted and full of initiative you are." He added.

"Of course, maybe I am thinking too much and I simply missed a small seemingly insignificant event, even in my eyes, that led to your existence or action but it still feels strange to me that you have not appeared in any of my simulations at all." Zepia continued to break it down.

Jun realized that that was the case due to how unique an existence he was. He was far too unbound so to speak and since there were no parallel versions of himself and the laws that determined the future of the Nasuverse did not apply to him, not only would it be very difficult to predict his existence through magical means but he would also muddy the future of those around him.

In fact, even pure deductions based on logic that anyone smart enough and with good deduction and observational skills could make would start to fail so long as Jun had his guard up due to the nature of his existence. It was precisely because of this that most could not see through him or predict his actions very well.

'Maybe this nature of mine is part of what is plaguing Morgan and imposing some sort of limitations on what she can share with me and not . . .' Jun got closer to the truth of Morgan.

'Wait . . . What if it's not her telling me things that's dangerous for her but me knowing things?' He theorized.

Realizing that just by trying to figure out Morgan's situation by himself might end up screwing her over, Jun immediately stopped all of his thought process that were working on that and simply decided to wait for his dear Queen to give him the answers he seeked when it was safe for her, he trusted her that much by this point.

"Thank you." Jun suddenly and honestly said to Zepia.

"For what if I may ask?" Zepia inquired.

"For helping me realize something quite important." Jun replied.

"Oh? You're quite welcome though I imagine you still won't solve my doubts." Zepia responded in good humour.

"Nope." Jun confirmed.

"However, seeing as you helped me and that I was only planning to steal Logos React because I could, I have decided not to do it." He added.

"Well, this was a fruitful conversation." Zepia chuckled, quite pleased at having such an interaction full of unknowns.

"Quite true." Jun agreed.

"But . . ." He started drawing Zepia's attention.

"I will still mess with it a bit." He concluded.

And then, Jun carefully extracted the Corpse King from Logos React and made sure that it could not be reproduced again.

As for what the Corpse King was, it was a reproduction of Artoria's mind, such was one of the function of Logos React, recording and reproducing minds though that was far from its full potential.

The Blackmoore Cemetery Cult's plan to resurrect Artoria involved the joining of Gray's body as the flesh, the Corpse King as the mind, and the soul of the Heroic Spirit version of Artoria for a full resurrection of King Arthur.

Another use for the superweapon, and perhaps its main use was to take the user's desired conditions as an input and from them, simulate a limited observable environment in which to conduct a thought experiment in a virtual world that is essentially indistinguishable from reality.

Its parameters could be set however the user liked, so it could create real experiences through a dreamlike state. On a limited scale, it could be used to see how hypothetical versions of history would play out.

Another example was Add, a replica of Logos React that, other than having reproduced the mind and personality of Kay, Artoria's adopted brother, could use its massive computing abilities that were normally used to make simulation to instead seal Rhongomyniad inside itself.

Back to the present situation however, Jun's actions gave Zepia some valuable insight.

"I see . . . Your true purpose here has to the with the planned resurrection of Arthur that this village's cult concocted with Morgan Le Fay, so long ago. To prevent it most likely, and benefit from it in some way in the process." He immediately deduced.

"Far more interesting however . . . Is how easily you were able to manipulate Logos React despite the fact that it should be your first time actually interacting with it." Zepia shared his thoughts with Jun.

"Something to think about." Jun simply replied.

"Indeed." Zepia's projection eyed him with even greater curiosity.

As for how Jun was able to so skillfully operate Logos React. His Ars Notoria for his Crown of Magecraft: Lemegeton, allowed him to immediately create a full record of Logos React as soon as he perceived it, even before Jun had actually approached it.

Then, with his massive processing abilities, absorbing that amount of information proved to be no challenge, allowing Jun to near instantly know everything required to manipulate Logos React in whichever way he pleased. This of course, was information he had no intention of revealing however.

"Well, it was a most pleasant talk but I'm afraid I must be away." Jun broke things off.

"What a shame. I do hope we can chat again." Zepia replied.

"We shall see." Jun said and faded out of existence.

Ending his projection, Zepia, inside his room in Atlas smiled.

"Something good happened?" A purpled haired female that was in the room with him asked.

"Indeed it did Sion." Zepia replied.

"I have just found a most interesting subject . . ." He added to the now named Sion's curiosity before clamming up with the same interested smile never leaving his face.

As for Jun, he returned to Magdalena's home as she had left to pick up Gray which meant his planned departure was close at hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR week ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novel Archon of DanMachi, do check it out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

12