Can It Even be called War? XII
312 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Killing him would have been easy but defeating him without doing so proved to be more tiresome than expected. It would not have taken this much time otherwise." The King of Knights responded in a cold tone.

'When she acts like that, Artoria-san sounds just like Morgan-san . . .'Jeanne thought from the side and, as if guided by their supernatural intuition, the two sisters immediately glared at her.

"W-What is it?" The holy maiden asked, feeling quite flustered by the sudden glares.

"Nothing . . . I just got the feeling your were thinking some rude things in your mind." Morgan replied while narrowing her eyes.

Jeanne froze but fortunately for her, Morgan did not have the luxury of interrogating her at the moment for there were more important matters to deal with.

She raised her hand slightly and levitated Sirzechs of of Artoria's shoulder as she set down from the air next to her and with a flick, she tossed him to Grayfia who caught him by reflex and carefully set him down on the ground.

Ajuka looked at his unconscious best friend being held by wife and queen and concluded that they could do nothing to get out of the current situation as they were hopelessly outmatched.

The only way they would be able to escape was if he successfully analyzed Morgan's abilities after which he could counter them with his Kanakara Formula and that would take a considerable amount of time, mostly due to how foreign and complex the Fairy Queen's magecraft was to him.

As such, the only recourse was to try and talk things through again. Either that or just submit to the circumstances and let Morgan and her cohorts do whatever they pleased, after which they would presumably leave.

Before he could open his mouth however, the Fairy Queen pointed her open palm at his defensive barrier and, with no effort at all, spiralling dark bluish energy in the form of Rhongomyniad shot out and obliterated Ajuka's most powerful static defense without any difficulty before dispersing under her command.

As the devils just stood there, utterly speechless at how outclassed they were, Morgan simply said.

"You better just wait quietly until we are done." The Fairy Queen started.

"Otherwise . . . Next one that tries something won't live long enough to realize his mistake." She concluded before returning to silence and awaiting for Jack and Asako's communication.

And, a few minutes later, she got some good news and some bothersome ones. Asako had concluded her mission successfully and so Morgan gave her the go head to retreat but Jack was facing an issue.

'I got most of the prey but the baldy managed to protect a few.' The murderous loli reported.

'Alright then, just go all out and try to eliminate them. If you cannot, just retreat and await further contact.' Morgan commanded and Jack obeyed, very much irked at her inability to do the job as initially planned.

As for Morgan, it was not wholly unexpected so she simply used her magecraft to observe the situation from her current position so that she could interfere if and when required.

Moving to Jack's location, she had stopped killing and terrorizing as she had already taken care of every single target other than the few that Falbius was protecting.

At the moment, a massive dome of mist surrounded a smaller dome of orange light made by Falbium's special ability of absolute defence where a group of devils huddled together.

He had tried spreading the barrier further to clear out the mist but with Jack's full focus being there, she could just expand The Mist so that its barrier always covered Falbium's and since hers was far more cost effective, he would never be able to break through.

'On the good side, the enemy has clearly given up on attacking others. Either that or their objective in the attack has been fulfilled." Falbium pondered inside his unbreakable shell.

'On the bad side, whoever they are has now trapped us and I can only hope that it is because they are pissed at my interference because if so, they will eventually get bored and leave but if they have targets amongst the devils I'm protecting . . .' He considered.

He knew that if the latter was the truth, not only would the nemey not leave, they might call reinforcements to further make his situation worse or they might even resort to causing mass destruction so as to force him to drop his defenses and attack.

Neither of the scenarios was particularly good for Falbium so he of course hoped for the former but he knew the possibility was not very likely as whoever the enemy was, they seemed to be acting in a very goal driven way so far and so, the Satan though they would have left immediately if their mission, whatever it was, was already completed.

Just as he was going through these thoughts however, Jack  was communicating with Morgan and had thus received her updated orders to go all out and see if she could break the annoying turtle shell that kept her from her last few assigned prey.

"From Hell . . .' The devils, Falbium included, hear an ironically demonic whisper, echoing throughout their surroundings as utterly malevolent auras started manifesting all around them.

Hundreds of Jacks that were hidden within the mist outside Fabium's barrier dropped their disguises as their forms twisted and grew into fearsome monstrosities.

The Devils of DxD were about to to experience the devils of popular human belief and the terror which they embodied it their full wrath.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR week ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novel Archon of DanMachi, do check it out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

9