Chain Reaction II
305 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even though she had never met Jun, Amaterasu could tell lot from what she heard of him, she was quite the old hand by this point after all and thus, she knew of a way to, even if not to the point of securing an alliance, earn some favor from the mysterious new powerhouse.

The idea was quite simple. Even if there was nothing she could do for him directly, as far as she was aware of anyway, she could always favor those under her rule that had a good relationship with him and respectfully request a meeting with him through said individuals.

These were mainly Suzaku who she knew had tender feelings for Jun, even if they seemed unrequited from the time being, Genbu who made a good impression on him, Shuri and Akeno who were exiled from the Himejima clan and one more that was not common knowledge.

Yasaka, the Nine Tailed Fox and one of the Yokai leaders. Amaterasu was the patron deity of demon foxes and often chose to manifest in a human form with nine sun like fox tails and fox ears. Yasaka was actually her principal shrine maiden, explaining why she and her daughter commonly wore such garments.

With this in mind, she sprung into action, granting extra favor to the respective individuals before giving them their mission.

Amaterasu however, was not the only deity that was spurred into making moves. Gods from several other pantheons also showed movements.

Internal friction seemed to materialize in the greek and norse pantheons all of a sudden while certain gods began issuing warnings to certain mortals they favored, cautioning them of this rising juggernaut.

While all these things were happening however, Jun was rubbing his head while facing two devils and a rather mischievous half devil who seemed to have been going on some extra curricular activities while dragging along a few of her fellows.

"So why don't you start again from the beginning." Jun said.

"Like I said, this girl here is a part of the Khaos Brigade!" Rias explained, Sona supporting her from behind.

Jun turned towards the girl in question.

"And what do you have to say about that?" He asked.

"Hey! I'm older than you so don't go around calling me "girl" but . . . What she's saying is true." The girl, Valia responded.

"And you two were goaded into participating in this venture by her is that right?" Jun spoke to the two girls behind Valia.

Kuroka and Shirone could only guiltily lower their heads but Kuroka was already trying some seductive pouting to see if she could get away with it.

"Mind telling me why have you been engaging is such activities?" Jun questioned with a sigh.

"Well . . ." Valia started but immediately trailed off.

"Well?" Jun bade her to stop wasting time and proceed with her explanation as his sigh and tired face began to turn into an annoyed one that sort of worried the three girls.

"I was just getting a bit bored and decided to find some trouble to get into. I didn't think you'd mind." Valia said in a pouty tone.

"You could have gone around picking fights and bullying people, I wouldn't care, even if it made trouble for me by association but joining another group puts loyalty into question." Jun said in response.

The three girls were shocked beyond belief and completely frozen.

"Wait! We don-!" Kuroka started but Jun stopped her by holding his hand up.

"I know you're loyal to me but the Khaos Brigade is my enemy which means you will have to inevitably betray one side and there are few things I despise as much as traitors." Jun explained.

"That's . . ." Valia started but trailed off once again.

"Vows have weight to them. Now what exactly did you agree to when you joined?" Jun then questioned.

"We'd help them out so long as we got the opportunity to fight and get something out of it and also swore not to turncoat." Valia said in a low and subdued tone.

"You know if you follow that agreement you will have to go against me right?" Jun scolded.

He then just shook his head.

"Go back and tell you new friends you will be breaking off things due to a conflict of interest and do it in a very clean and above board manner." Jun commanded.

"""Yes . . .""" The three of them, including Shirone who had been completely silent so far, dejectedly responded before leaving the room.

Jun then turned his attention back to the two devil young misses.

"Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. How did you even notice it?" He thanked and asked them.

"We just tailed them and found them meeting a known member from the information we got from Kouki and Tobio." Sona responded.

"Is that so? Why were you tailing them in the first place?" Jun suspiciously continued his inquiry.

"That's uhh . . ." Sona trailed off, a sight becoming annoying common in the whole matter today.

"We wanted to dig into your group and we figured they were easier to track than your more mysterious people." Rias unashamedly responded.

"Fair enough." Junb chuckled and turned to leave.

""Wait!"" Rias and Sona called out.

"Is there something else?" Jun asked.

"We wanted to talk about your wife's visit to the underworld." Rias said, the wife part still seemingly being hard to palate for the young miss.

"What about it? Haven't you girls heard everything there is to hear from your brother and sister?" Jun responded but the girls remained silent.

"Well?" He pressed.

"My brother just ordered us to stay put and didn't say anything." Rias said with an irate expression.

"Oh."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR week ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novel Archon of DanMachi, do check it out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

9