E.P. 7 Volume Final. It’s Time.
54 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The camera opens up to Yang and Tai sparring. Asher is sitting under a nearby tree watching with a stoic face. Yang punches Tai and he slides aways.

Tai:*Holds his right arm.* "Whoa... That thing packs a punch!"

Yang: lWe've been at this for weeks. I get it. You wanna make sure I can still fight." *Punches her fists together.* "I think I'm doing just fine."

Tai:"You're close." *Walks around yang.*

Yang:"Oh really."

Tai:"You're still off balance."

Yang:"What?! No I'm not!" *Looks to her robot arm.* "Honestly, I'm kind of surprised. I thought it would just be this huge weight, but... it feels...natural." *Asher looks at his own robot arm.* "They did a great job with this thing." *Tai punches Yang in the face and they return to sparing.*

Tai:"I wasn't talking about your actual balance." *Trips Yang and she lands on her back.*

Tai walks over to a nearby stool that has some towels on it. Zwei is sitting next to it. Zwei grabs a towel and give it to him.

Tai:"Although, that could use some work too."

Yang:*Still laying on the ground and sighs.* "Meaning?"

Tai:"I saw your tournament fights. During the Vytal Festival."

Yang:"Let me guess." *Gives a bad tai impression.* "'I was sloppy.'"

Tai:"No, no you were predictable. And... stubborn and maybe a little bonehead."

Asher:"Ha."

Yang moves and sits on the ground and looks to Tai.

Tai:"Do you realize that you used your Semblance to win every fight after the qualifiers?"

Yang turns around.

Yang:"So what? How is me using my Semblance any different than someone else using theirs?"

Tai:"Because not everyone else's is basically a temper tantrum."

Asher:"Double ha."

Tai:*Points to Asher.* "We'll get to your fights later."

Asher:"Darn."

Tai walks up to Yang.

Tai:"I'm serious." *Crouches next to Yang.* "Once you take damage. You can dish it back twice as hard but that doesn't make you invincible!" *Yang looks to Tai.* "It's great when you're in a bind, what happens if they're stronger? What then? Now you're just weak and tired!" *Yang looks to the ground.*

Zwei walks up to them. Asher is resting his chin on the handle of Penny's sword.

Tai:"You've always been one to burn brighter than everyone else you and Asher, whether it was your smiles, or, well, I remember your first haircut." *Asher shivers in the background.*

Tai stands up and walks a little ways away.

Tai:"But you gotta keep your emotions in check. Keep a level head, and think before you act. Your Semblance is a great fallback, but you can't let yourself rely on it." *Turns back to yang.* "It won't always save you. Obviously." *Yangs looks to Tai from the corner of her eyes.* "You definitely have your mom's stubbornness."

Yang:"Oh, so now we can talk about her?"

Tai:"Well, as I have been informed, you're an adult now, remember?"

Yang:"Well, sorry I remind you of her."

Tai:"Don't be. Raven was great in so many ways- her strength, her ambition, her dedication to whatever cause she thought was worth fighting for. I'm proud of how much of her I see in you." *Asher is now thinking about his own mom.*

Tai:"But, I'm glad I don't see all of her in you."

Yang:"Why?"

Tai:*Sighs*"Your mother was... a complicated woman. Like everybody, she had her faults, but those faults are what tore our team apart. And, it did a real number on our family. You both act like the easiest way to tackle an obstacle is through it. That strength is all that matters in a fight. But if just take a second look, then maybe you see...*Walks past Zwei.* "There's a way around as well."

Tai puts out his hand for her to grab.

Tai:"C'mon. one more before dinner." *Yang grabs his hand and then they start to fight again.*

Tai:"heh. See? Alright! Now you're using your head instead of your..." *Yang trips Tai and he falls but yang grabs his hand before he hits the ground.*

Asher claps. Yang pulls Tai up. Asher grabs his cane and stands up and starts to walk away.

Tai:"Don't think that I forgot about you."

Asher sighs and turns around. He sees Yang with a smirk on her face. Tai walks up to Asher.

Tai:"You're fights we're well... not coordinated well." *He puts a hand on Asher's shoulder.* "You didn't communicate with your team. You just did your guys own thing."

Asher sighs.

Tai:"The doubles round was better, but you still went and fought on your own. You need to fight as a team. okay." *Asher nods and Tai removes his hand and walks to the house.* "Now let's make some dinner."

Asher just stands there looking to the sky then he feels a hand on his shoulder and he looks to see Yang with a her hand on his shoulder. She smiling at him.

Yang:"Hey everything's gonna be alright."

Asher:"Isn't that my line?" *Yang just laughs and walks inside. Asher watches her walk inside. Then a small smile appears on his face and walks inside with a barely noticeable limp.*

The camera closes and opens to them eating Dinner. It's soup. Penny's sword is leaning on his chair and he is holding Pyrrha's necklace is his right arm.

Tai:"How's your arm Asher?"

Asher brings his robot arm up and opens and closes his hand.

Asher:"A little stiff."

Tai:"You'll get used to it soon."

Asher:"Yeah."

Yang:"Well I think it makes you look tough. You'll get all the ladies."

Asher bring his left arm up to his right eye. Then to the metal in his head and looks to Yang.

Yang:"uhhh. It makes you look more tough and handsome?"

Tai:"Don't worry about it Asher. The laddies love a strong man." *He flexes his muscle and Yang and Asher raise their eyebrows at him. He stops flexing and clears his throat.* "Well I think any lady would be lucky to get a man like you Asher."

Asher:"Thanks"

The camera closes and reopens to Asher talking to Yang before see leaves.

Asher:"Don't tell the others I'm Awake."

Yang:*Surprised.*"Why?"

Asher:"I want to surprise them. Please Yang."

Yang:*Sighs*"Fine. But you owe me."

Asher:"I'll buy you a drink."

Yang:"I'll hold you too that."

Then Asher and Tai waving Goodbye to Yang who is driving away on bumblebee. He looks to her painted arm and looks to his. He get an idea he heads to the shed and grabs red paint.

A little while later he come out with the new painted arm

A little while later he come out with the new painted arm. He looks to his garage and walks over to it. He reaches to the door handle but stops before he grabs it. He takes a deep breath and opens it. The warthog is in there but its damaged. The windshield is destroyed. It's missing the driver front tire. The hood has a big dent. There are bullet holes and claw marks on the armor around the vehicle.

Asher:"I bet Grif did this. Oh when I get my hands on him."

He walks over to his works bench and sets down penny's sword and Pyrrha's necklace and turns back to the Warthog. The camera turn black.

Asher::"Let's get to work."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(There Volume 4 done.)

3