Chapter 3
1.2k 2 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Frederic knew his parents probably wanted to know about Noel. Noel already finished his food and was now drinking the juice.

"Noel, would you like to come with me to greet my father and mother?"

Noel put down the empty glass and nodded. It would be rude if he didn't, right?

Frederic opened the closet and took out a set of clothes, "Here are your change of clothes. I will wait for you out–"

He hasn't finished speaking when black smoke came out from Noel's body and wrapped his body. Once it dispersed, Noel has already changed into an elegant set of black and purple formal wear. He floated up from the bed and moved to Frederic's side.

His small figure was clad in black with his hair circling around him like silk. The tail of his coat reached his knee with another layer of fluff light blue fabric inside. At the front part, another light blue fabric shaped into frills was placed at his right. The shoulder part was embellished with 3 layers of thin silver chains that dangled at the front. A small light blue ribbon decorated his collar attached to a black diamond-shaped accessory framed with silver. He wore knee-length boots with silver intricate patterns on their side and was tied with light blue lace.

The combination of colors matched with his hair and eyes. He was prettier than a doll and unrealistically beautiful that Frederic dazedly thought that Noel might be a child of God or Devil.

He hurriedly recovered his thoughts.

"Noel, you can do magic?"

It wasn't really accurate to call it magic, but it was similar, so Noel nodded.

"That is good then. Let's go to the audience hall."

It wasn't just Frederic, every people they passed by would follow Noel's figure with their eyes, unable to extricate themselves from him.

When they entered the audience hall, the King and Queen were sitting on their throne. They saw the child next to their son was wearing a coat and pants. The servants said their son brought back a girl, so they thought he brought back a spouse. It turns out the boy just has very long hair and an androgenous face, so they mistook him for a girl.

The Queen sighed in regret.

"Good morning, Father, Mother. Forgive me for explaining this matter late. There were some matters left to be handled regarding the demon beast's nest eradication," Frederic gestured towards Noel, "This is Noel, he is a demon. I found him when I was injured in my mission. He was locked inside a tower for 500 years and so I took him out. I am planning to take care of him until I find his relatives or hometown."

"500 years?" the King and Queen were shocked.

They looked at their son and Frederic knew they were thinking the same thing as him when he heard it for the first time. By saying his last sentence, it could be might as well meant taking care of him for an indefinite period.

"Will you grant me permission, Father, Mother?"

"Are you sure about this, Frederic?" his father reconfirmed.

"Yes, I am sure. It was the work of none other than our race, locking a humanoid like him. And I was the one who brought him out. It is only appropriate for me to take responsibility."

The King and Queen looked at each other and shook their head helplessly. This son of them has always been too serious since little.

"If you are really determined to do so, then do as you wish," the Queen said before adding, "But with one condition. I want you to meet with the daughter of Duke Elvestine."

"Mother, I already explained to you that I–"

The Queen cut him off, "Take it or leave it. I will not force you if you don't match, but at the very least meet her for my and your father's sake. You are turning 30 next year. The standard marriage age is 19 to 21. Your younger brother has been engaged and your older brothers married when they were 20. If you don't find someone, Maxis won't be able to marry Silvia."

"Father, Mother, I told you that it is fine for him to marry before me. I am focusing myself on my duty as a commander," Frederic sighed hopelessly, "…Very well. But this will be the last time. If I do not find myself and Lady Elvestine to be a match, I hope father and mother will cease this agenda in the future and proceed to arrange my younger brother's wedding."

The King and Queen nodded in agreement.

"Noel–" Frederic turned to Noel.

Beside him, Noel was lying down, cushioned by his soft hair. His body was still floating even though his eyes were closed.

He fell asleep again.

Afraid that his parents would think of him as rude, Frederic explained, "Father, Mother, please do not be upset. Noel's body is still very weak, and he has trouble keeping his eyes open for a long period of time."

"It is alright. We unknowingly talked too long." The King replied calmly.

"We heard that he was asleep for 5 days on your journey back and another 10 days here. Are you sure he wasn't cast with a curse?" the Queen asked.

"Yes, I am sure. I spent the last 10 days also examining his body. My plan is to regulate a normal life cycle for him for now. A fixed hour of sleep and balanced diet," Frederic gently patted him, "Noel, wake up. Let's go cut your hair."

Noel half-opened his eyes before tilting his body straight up.

"Then, I will excuse myself. Have a pleasant day, Father, Mother."

Noel nodded slightly at the King and Queen before following Frederic out.

"Haa…Frederic will be a great father. But that is if he managed to actually have children." The Queen couldn't help but lament.

"Let that child do as he wishes. Maybe someday God of Fate will drop his soulmate out of the sky because of frustration. We already have Kaius and Phillip to give us grandchildren." the King consoled his wife.

Frederic brought Noel to a room. A three-way mirror and a chair were placed inside with an old man standing nearby. He greeted them.

"Good day, Prince Frederic."

"Hello, Sir Douglas. This is Noel, the person I want his hair cut." Frederic gestured at Noel.

"Oh my, what a beautiful hair," Douglas marveled at the silky black hair, "Leave it to me, Prince Frederic. It is my honor to cut such wonderful hair."

Noel was asked to sit down in front of the mirror.

"How short do you want it to be, Young Master Noel?"

"Short," Noel answered. He thought for a moment before adding, "Above neck."

"I understand. Then, I will first cut off the excessive length."

Douglas started his work. He took out his scissor after covering Noel with a sheet. After measuring, he cut off Noel's hair from his shoulder down. Once the hair was cut off, it immediately shifted into black smoke and entered Noel's body.

Both Douglas and Frederic were stunned. They saw Noel wasn't surprised like it was something normal. Douglas looked at Frederic. Frederic motioned him to continue for now.

Douglas spread open his palm. Water slowly appeared above it and he used it to wash Noel's hair.

Noel enjoyed the cool water on his head. His eyes gradually became heavy, and he fell asleep shortly.

When he was awakened by Frederic, he felt his head was lighter and the back of his neck felt refreshed. He looked up at the mirror. His hair now didn't reach his ears and now he has bangs that slightly passed his eyebrows. The shape of his face and slim neck were fully exposed and his ears were now visible.

"How is it, Young Master Noel?" Douglas asked as he took off the sheet. It didn't really serve its purpose as the floor was also clean from any hair.

Noel broke a small smile, "Good."

Frederic noticed his smile reflected in the mirror. He felt a small satisfaction.

"Prince Frederic, thank you for entrusting Young Master Noel's hair to me. If he ever needs trimming, please don't hesitate to call me."

"Of course. Thank you for your assistance, Sir Douglas."

After sending Douglas to the door, Frederic looked back to see Noel tilting his head around, still happy with his new hair. It made Frederic unconsciously smile too.

Noel looked at Frederic who knelt next to his chair through the mirror.

"Noel, do you like your new hair?"

Noel nodded.

"I'm glad," Frederic turned his head to look directly at Noel, "Then, would you like to stroll around the garden with me? The sun isn't too hot at this time and the weather is nice."

Noel thought for a while before accepting.

44