Chapter 19
814 1 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Other than Frederic and Kaius, nobody was aware of their deal, including Cecille. The day went as usual, but Diaz and Phillip realized at dinner that Frederic didn't eat anything from morning until night.

"Prince Frederic, is the food not to your liking?" Diaz asked in worry, "Should we ask the cook to make something else?"

Frederic smiled, "The food is very delicious Lady Diaz."

Diaz hesitantly glanced at his untouched plate.

"Frederic, you haven't eaten anything since morning, have you? Don't say that you're already full." Phillip added.

"What do you mean, Brother Phillip? I properly ate my breakfast and lunch as usual."

Diaz and Phillip felt a chill from his calm eyes that didn't match his smile.

"What is the matter, Phillip?" the Queen asked.

"Fred–" his words got stuck when he saw Frederic glancing at him, "…It's nothing, Mother."

He never felt so scared of his little brother in all his life!

Diaz wanted to scold her husband for his weak spine, but she also felt not telling the Queen about what they discovered was the correct choice.

What if his sword suddenly flew to their neck to silence them?!

"Right, my dear Cecille, what did you do with Frederic today?" the Queen enthusiastically asked.

The people's attention was shifted to her as Cecille started recounting their activity today and how nice, caring, and kind Frederic was.

Phillip and Diaz inwardly cried in relief.

Nice safe Queen Mother!

Once the dinner ended, Frederic went back to his temporary room. A few minutes later, Kaius entered.

"I have fulfilled my end of the deal. I tend to her properly this whole week without complaint. I didn't even try to go to my room. Out of respect for our deal, I will wait until it is past midnight to see him tonight. I hope you also uphold your promise." Frederic looked out of the window blankly.

Kaius watched his brother's longing eyes, "Frederic, you know that what you are feeling is not right."

"Not right?" Frederic laughed, "Forcing someone to love someone they cannot love is what is not right."

"How can you be sure that what you feel towards him is love? A man could not possibly fall in love with another man. It defies the law of fate."

"Humans and demons found peace with each other. Is it not defying the law of fate? It is a more impossible thing to achieve than a man falling in love with another man."

"That is not the same."

"What is not the same? Tell me, what sin will I commit for loving him?"

"You can't create any descendants."

"It is all the same with me being a bachelor my entire life."

"What about our parents? Are you really intending to hide it forever? You will be found out sooner or later."

"I will explain it to them when they are ready. In the meantime, I will make them used to his presence by my side," Frederic looked up at Kaius, "I am not asking for a luxury such as marriage. I just want to stay with him, care for him, and love him. That is enough for me."

"Even if he doesn't have any romantic feeling towards you?"

Frederic unhesitatingly nodded.

"…" Kaius was silent. They stared at each other for a long while before he broke the silence, "I won't interfere, but I won't support you either."

"That is all I asked for."

Kaius turned and left the room. He then found outside the room were Phillip and Diaz looking at him questioningly. He sighed.

Frederic saw that the time was about to reach midnight. He impatiently headed to his room. The guards standing watch there were gone and he arrived in front of his door exactly one minute past midnight.

His heart was restless, but he slowly opened the door.

---

Isabel sighed as he sat down on the couch and leaned on Zaviel, "He finally went to sleep."

"That's what he gets for trusting a human." Zaviel drank his wine.

"Hmm…" Isabel cupped his face in distress, "What should we do? Destroy them?"

"I'm not objecting it, but just destroy his country. I still want to hunt for treasures of the human world." Kahel chimed in.

Gavel's hair blared, "HE DARED MESS WITH ONE OF US, ALL OF THEM MUST PAY!"

"Hmph. I agree with Gavel on this. Those birds can rebuild it anyway."

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, romance really spells troubles," Rael shook his head, "Isn't this similar to what happened to Isabel before?"

"That is a very long time ago." Isabel sulked.

"Noel and Kahel even created Alrgava for you to heal your broken heart."

Isabel squeezed Zaviel's arm, "And I am healed. That's why I should return the favor. But I can't make something like this for him. Should I give him several men to try replacing that prince?"

"In the first place, why did he like that human prince so much anyway? In terms of face, Zaviel and Isabel won. Not to mention in terms of strength." Kahel wondered.

"You don't fall in love with someone just because of those two aspects. That prince is also very much in love with Noel, seeing that my essence didn't work for him. I wonder if he really is getting married. Maybe he was forced?"

"You're defending him now?" Zaviel glanced at Isabel.

"I'm not defending him. I just think that the best solution will be Noel successfully getting back together with that prince." Isabel placated him.

"THEN LET'S KILL THAT B*TCH!"

This time no one objected. Kahel added, "Along with their family?"

"Not objecting it." Rael shrugged.

"Then, it's final." Isabel clapped his hands gleefully.

They heard the front door creaked open and the 'doorbell' flew.

"You still haven't brought them down?" Isabel looked at Kahel.

"Why? It's fun." Kahel shrugged.

Isabel went to check who the visitor was. If it was the prime minister, he would already stomp his way to them.

He didn't expect to see the human they were just talking about standing there at their entrance. Some of his skin was burned, his clothes were ripped, his left leg seems to be broken, and blood dripped down his arms and face.

He coughed incessantly, but he didn't fall down. He used his sword to keep him steady.

"Lord Isabel, I am here to pick up Noel." Frederic said with a hoarse voice as he wiped the blood off his mouth.

Isabel crossed his arm, "Hmm~ Noel said that you are going to get married. What is the meaning of that?"

"There has been a misunderstanding, Lord Isabel. I come here to explain to him. I am aware that I am not perfect as a human. I often make many mistakes. But I can assure you, I will never do anything to intentionally hurt him. Both his heart and body."

He coughed violently and gripped his scorching chest. He must've accidentally inhaled some of the poisonous gas in that fifth branch. He was out of potion, but a healing spell wasn't capable of cleaning out the poison from his system. He was also out of energy from all the magic he used to activate the gate to Alrgava and pass all seven branches.

"There is a misunderstanding, but you come here a week later to explain?" Zaviel appeared.

"I will not deny it is my fault and ignorance, Lord Zaviel. There were some circumstances that prevented me from knowing Noel's return here," Frederic groaned. He looked up at them desperately, "Please, give me permission to see him."

Isabel sighed. Kahel and the two others appeared. They saw the state of the human prince in front of them and looked at each other.

"Rael, give him the antidote for the poison in the fifth branch." Isabel finally said. He looked back at Frederic, "It will be up to Noel whether you can leave this building alive or not."

"As it should be." Frederic nodded in understanding.

Black liquid formed out from Rael and created an ampule. He threw it to Frederic before leaving with the others.

"You sure this is a good idea?" Kahel glanced back.

"Fufufu~ Let Noel try solving his first ever love problem. That human prince isn't so bad after all," Isabel answered in amusement, "We can do our plan later if they don't work out."

"Tch, bunch of idiots." Rael grumbled.

"What? Just find one for your own." Isabel raised his eyebrow.

Frederic watched them walking away, leaving him by himself. He studied at the ampoule in his hand for a few seconds before opening it and drinking its content. The fire in his body was immediately cooled down and his body rapidly returned to its normal temperature.

He straightened up and squeezed out the last of his energy to repair his leg. Clear icy smoke enveloped his leg. After it healed, he promptly walked towards Noel's room

30