Chapter 22
849 4 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Frederic was mesmerized by the striking blush on Noel's cheek. He thought nothing could beat Noel's dazzling smile, but this shyness was breathtaking. His heartbeat increased rapidly as he couldn't stop his hand to reach out to Noel's cheek.

"Noel…" he exhaled the breath he unknowingly held, "You are truly too beautiful."

Noel became even redder. He didn't know what was happening to him and his eyes darted around in panic. He couldn't look at Frederic right in the eye.

Frederic saw his reaction and became slightly hopeful.

This…Is there any chance that his feelings weren't one-sided?

Earlier, although it was to help him drink, Noel didn't mind their lips touching one another. He didn't look like he was disgusted.

Then…

Frederic gently cupped Noel's face and raised his neck, "Noel…"

Noel saw Frederic's face was coming closer. When he used his mouth to make Frederic drink the solution, he didn't feel anything since it was something he must do. But now, he felt like his heart was about to explode!

Just as their face was about to touch, Frederic stopped and studied Noel's expression. His eyes were closed, and his body was tense.

Noel opened one of his eyes to peek, "?"

Frederic smiled, "Noel, is it alright if I kiss you?"

He could almost see smoke coming out from Noel's head.

Noel bowed his head, "…Mn."

Frederic received his consent and inched closer.

Warm and cold finally touched. Noel felt the tree in his subconsciousness burst out fully bloomed flowers.

Frederic pulled back and watched Noel's reaction. He seemed to like it.

"…Noel, can you guess now why I won't be marrying?"

Noel wasn't that dense to not know what Frederic thought of him after that kiss. But he couldn't just answer it out loud.

"The only person I want to be with, to have and to hold, is you," Frederic earnestly said, "And I want you to be with me. Will you stay with me?"

Noel felt overwhelmed by Frederic's confession. He stuttered, "I-I…"

Frederic stretched out his arm and held Noel tight into his body. He could feel Noel's heartbeat which was louder and very much livelier than usual. His hand soothingly rubbed his back as he nuzzled into Noel's hair and whispered.

"I'm happy enough that your heart beats for me. You don't need to answer, but please, don't drive me away, okay?"

Noel became dizzy as the familiar warmth and Frederic's scent enveloped him.

Does that mean Frederic…likes him?

And…he seems to like him too…

Noel didn't know that someone, him in particular, couldn't realize his own feelings until everything was laid bare. Thinking about it, it was probably normal since he didn't have any experience in this regard…right?

He should've talked more to Isabel. Now he didn't know what he should do in this situation.

Should he say something? Or just let it be?

Should he confirm one more time about Frederic's feelings? Or just accept it directly?

Frederic noticed that Noel fell silent. He inwardly felt guilty. Was he too rushed? But he didn't regret it. He needed to ensure that Noel wouldn't misunderstand him in the future. Most importantly, he couldn't let Noel permanently separate himself from him.

Noel was showing positive signs and his brothers didn't seem to mind interracial relationship between two men. The main reason they were pissed was probably because he hurt Noel. Noel was hurt because he himself has developed feelings towards him.

There was a chance, and he couldn't not take it.

"…Okay." Noel lowly muttered.

Frederic almost missed it. His heart beat faster in anticipation, "You mean…?"

Noel tilted his head and looked up at Frederic, "Stay with Eric."

He sat up and looked away in embarrassment, "I also want to be with Eric."

Frederic's eyes shone. His body moved closer in a daze, wanting to touch.

Noel noticed he was about to sit up again and hold him to the bed, "Don't move."

Frederic reached out and  gently swept his thumb on Noel's lips, "…Can you…kiss me?"

Noel's cheeks heated up, but he still shyly moved his head closer and kissed him longer than their previous one.

The door was opened, "Noel, the fo–" Isabel saw the scene beyond the sheers, "Oh my~"

Noel hurriedly backed up in a panic. Frederic also looked away to the window, hiding his embarrassment.

"Fufufu~ I'm sorry for intruding," Isabel chuckled, "Noel, Heuglen has brought food for your prince. Now, please go ahead and continue~"

He went back to Zaviel in the lounge and laughed heartily.

"You really just have to do that, don't you?"

"Noel is still too pure. His reaction was too cute."

Zaviel yanked him closer, "On the contrary, this here is already dirty."

"Hmm~" Isabel traced Zaviel's shoulder with his finger, "And who is it that kept tainting me to be even dirtier?"

Rael cleared his throat resentfully, "Ahem! Can you just be dirty in your room?!"

"Heh." Zaviel snickered and bit Isabel's lips with a smile, "Who said the sofa you're sitting on is clean?"

Rael, "…"

"F*ck these two shameless bastards!!" Gavel shot up to his feet and cursed.

Heuglen, "…"

I want to curse too but I can't…

It took 5 days for Frederic to recover completely. In this period of time, he enjoyed the bliss of being nursed of personally by Noel. He never would've imagined the day would come where Noel moved around more than him.

Just like how Frederic made sure he ate properly in the mortal world, Noel made sure Frederic ate 3 times a day. Although the sky didn't change, Noel depended on the clock in the castle. Frederic felt like he was having 3 dinners a day.

Noel also washed Frederic's body with his smoke to make sure Frederic didn't have to move uselessly just for a bath. He also refueled Frederic's inner energy daily just to make sure his body was in an optimal state.

Other than that, he slept together with Frederic as usual. The only difference now was the additional good night and good morning kisses.

Frederic never felt so happy and satisfied in his life. Risking his life coming here was worth it.

When he was finally back to health, he was ready to leave with Noel.

"Please entrust Noel to me, one more time." Frederic bowed at the people in the living room.

There was a brief silence before Isabel suddenly laughed. Rael and Kahel couldn't hold it anymore and also laughed.

"Oh my~ How can you be so serious? It's cute." Isabel wiped his tears.

Heuglen standing on the side, "…"

Considering you people almost annihilate a whole country, I can only say his attitude is correct.

"Sure, sure, we'll come for your wedding later." Kahel waved his hand.

"Lord Kahel, I am not going to marry anyone. It was a misunderstanding." Frederic hurriedly reminded him.

"We know, we heard from Heuglen. I meant your wedding with Noel of course."

Frederic was stunned, "With…Noel?"

"What? You're dating our brother for a fling?" Zaviel raised an eyebrow.

"Of course not, Lord Zaviel. I am very serious with my feelings towards Noel," Frederic answered steadfastly, "But marriage between two men is not possible…"

"Hm? It's a common thing here, right, Heuglen?" Isabel turned to Heuglen.

"Yes, Prince Frederic. Same-sex marriage is legal in the demon world," Heuglen nodded, "Oh, but we don't have churches. Only dark chapels."

Frederic was dumbfounded.

He…can truly and legally marry Noel?

"I'm also married to Zaviel~" Isabel gave Zaviel a kiss.

Frederic became even more bewildered, "But…aren't Lord Isabel and Lord Zaviel…??"

"That's why we're saying, nothing's impossible in the demon world. You can marry a stone, a beast, even your blood family, all you want. Since when has the demon world hads any law regarding who to love? We advocate the fulfillment of desire," Rael rolled his eyes, "And here I am, stuck with these two disgusting people. I should just marry a cat for devil's sake."

"We're not stopping you." Isabel smiled.

Noel looked up at Frederic, "Don't want to?"

Frederic squeezed Noel's hand he was holding, "Of course, I do."

"Then, that is settled. We will go meet your parents when everything is ready. Or if they make things hard for you, you know how to contact us." Isabel waved at them.

"We'll beat their ass for you." Gavel chimed in as he punched his fist to his palm.

"Then, I will escort you back, Lord Noel, Prince Frederic." Heuglen motioned them to follow him out.

The carriage was already prepared and the three of them entered. There wasn't any coachman on the front, but the pair of black horned horses knowingly moved towards the forest.

It didn't take long for them to reach Selvesthine royal palace. The palace guards nervously welcomed the ghost carriage, knowing who was inside.

Frederic has just stepped out while carrying the sleeping Noel when the entrance door opened.

"Prince Frederic!"

34