Chapter-2(Orphanage Arc-1)
84 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After some time, Sister Jeanne returned to the room and said, "I had done the preparations, and time is also late, so we should also go to sleep."

Sister Anna and Father Jason nodded their head and Sister Jeanne carefully picked up Anos and went towards the door and turned around and spoke, "Good Night, Father Jason and Sister Anna, May god bless you."

Both Father Jason and Sister Anna also did the greetings, ""Good Night, Sister Jeanne, May god bless you.""

After that, Sister Jeanne directly left, seeing that, Sister Anna smiled and said, "She is really interested in taking care of the children."

Father Jason nodded his head and replied, "Yes, after all, she had to take care of her younger siblings before, so its only natural that she develops this kind of mentality."

Sister Anna nodded her head and said, "Then, Father Jason, it's already late, so we should also go to sleep."

"Yes, Good Night, Sister Anna, May god bless you.", Father Jason replied.

"Good Night, Father Jason, May god bless you."

After that, Father Jason went towards his room, and Sister Anna went to do the last check-up, seeing everything is alright, and went to a different room, and opened it, and saw three little girls sleeping on the same bed, seeing that, she sighed, these three little girls are the remaining residents of the Orphanage, and she was worried that they may have not fallen asleep, but seeing them sleeping she relaxed but is also troubled as the three of them had their own beds, but they are always sleeping on a single bed.

Sister Anna looked at them one last time and closed the door and went out, towards her room.

Meanwhile, Sister Jeanne, took Anos with her towards her room, upon reaching her room, she placed Anos on the bed, on Anos left side, there was a wall, made of blanket and pillows to keep him safe from falling.

Sister Jeanne then changed into comfortable clothes and lay on Anos's right side, she looked at Anos and gave a kiss on his forehead and said, "Good Night, May god bless you."

After that, she fall asleep, and Anos, who was sleeping beside her moved a little and put his hand on her face, and slept.

Next Morning,

Sister Jeanne woke up and felt a hand on her face, and seeing the source of the hand, she smiled, as Anos's hand was on her face, she then put his hand down and settle him in a comfortable position to sleep.

After that, Sister Jeanne went to refresh herself, and after coming back, she changed her clothes to the regular Nun clothes but black in color and went out.

After walking for some time, she went towards Kitchen, and upon entering, she found Sister Anna, making breakfast there, seeing her she spoke, "Good Morning, Sister Anna, May god bless you."

Sister Anna hearing that, looked at Sister Jeanne and said, "Good Morning to you too, Sister Jeanne, May god bless you."

(Author's Note- From now on, I am gonna use their name outside the dialogue.)

After Greetings, Anna looked at Jeanne and asked, "You are smiling preety brightly today"

Jeanne replied, "Yep, I was already missing my little sibling, so having Anos around gave me some peace of mind and it was nice sleeping with a baby like that."

Anna shook her head, as she said, "I still can't understand why you like babies that much."

"Well, I just like them for a very long time, so I can't help it.", Jeanne replied.

Anna shook her head, as she had already heard that many times and Jeanne asked, "And, where is Father Jason right now?"

"He is on the daily patrol, you know, he had this habit, since he retired."

Jeanne nodded her head and said, " Then, I am going to wake the kids, or else they may get late again for their class."

"Yes, and I will be done in some time, so you should refresh them first.", Jeanne nodded and went out, towards the room of the three little girls, to wake them up.

After reaching their room, Jeanne opened the door and entered inside and looked around, and found the three little girls, sleeping on a single bed. Seeing them, Jeanne went towards them and started shaking them, while saying, "Wake up, It's Morning."

After a few minutes, the three girls woke up and looked around, and upon seeing Jeanne they hugged her, and the Golden-haired girl, pulled herself from Jeanne and spoke, in a somewhat sleepy voice, "Good Morning, Sister Jeanne."

Jeanne smiled and patted the girls head, and the other two, black-haired and blue-haired girls also woke up, and looked at Jeanne and said, at the same time, ""Good Morning, Sister Jeanne.""

Jeanne smiled and patted their head and spoke, "Good Morning, Ava, Aurora, and Emma, May god bless you."

The three girls, Ava, Aurora, and Emma smiled and said in a sweet tone, "May God bless you too, Sister Jeanne."

Jeanne nodded her head and smiled before saying, "Today, there is a surprise for you."

Ava, the golden-haired girl asked, "What surprise, Sister Jeanne?"

But Jeanne shook her head as she answered, "If I were to answer you, then where is the surprise?"

Ava nodded her head, as even she understand that, and, Aurora looked at Jeanne and asked, with a slight dissatisfaction in her voice, "Sister Jeanne, you shouldn't have cooked right?"

The other two girls immediately looked at Jeanne, as the last time she cooked, they saw a skull forming on the top of that dish(?) and something crawling inside, and Father Jason tried that, and he literally had a heart attack, if it was not for Anna to use Purification magic, then Father Jason would have died and even then, he had to be on bed for a whole week, with continuous use of Purification and Heal magic. So, Jeanne was ban from cooking, but Jeanne became dissatisfied with that, and secretly cooked from time to time, but no one in the Orphanage eat that, so she then cooked even little, and nowadays, they rarely saw her cooking, so they felt that she wanted to surprise them with her cooking.

Jeanne hearing what Aurora asked, smiled, but that smile felt menacing, as she answered, "There is no problem in my food being a surprise, and it looks like even you are missing that, so I will cook for you at a later date, and the surprise is something else, and you would be happy with that."

Aurora felt like, she saw giant vegetables and meat pieces, fighting evil, and that evil had the same features as Jeanne, and soon all of those vegetables were defeated and became part of a disgusting soup, with something, incomprehensible floating on it, and that soup was placed in front of her to eat, her face became pale, as the scene played in her mind and quickly shook her head and replied, "N-n-no, Siste-r Jeanne, you don't have to worry about creating food for me, as you had your own work to do, so please don't worry."

Her last line literally felt like begging, like she would do anything for her to not create the food. Jeanne hearing that pouted and said, "You don't have to say it like that, I am already banned for letting anyone eat my food, but one day, I am going to make delicious food, that even the greatest chiefs would admit to being top tier."

Ava, Aurora, and Emma mentally sighed and knew that Jeanne's dream is never going to be fulfilled, but they don't say anything, or else Jeanne do what she had said before, this time not only to Aurora but everyone else.

Jeanne looked at them, not replying to her, made a mental note to let them try her new dish, and said, "You should now, go, and get ready, or Sister Anna is gonna come to wake you up."

The three of them immediately went towards the bathroom, as Anna never woke them kindly, she always use water or something like to wake them, and the worst is that the water is cold, because of which they felt slight fear from Anna waking them up, but they still love her, as Anna is the one who cook food for them, which is way too much delicious, so they just can't bring themselves to hate her.

After several minutes, they came out, becoming ready, and seeing that Jeanne said, "You all, go directly to the dining room, I will come in a few minutes."

Ava and Aurora nodded their head but Emma asked, "What are you going to do, Sister Jeanne?"

Jeanne looked at Emma, the only one of the three, who is curious about everything, but she always tries to find the answer herself, but if she doesn't get it, she asked others, and she never felt any she or something, is the perks of being a kid.

Jeanne looked at Emma and answered, "You will know soon, so go to the dining room."

Emma reluctantly nodded her head, and the three of them went towards the Dinning room, and Jeanne went towards her room, to wake Anos and take him with her.

2