Chapter 7
410 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...Oi. Ooooooooooooooooooooi!

No answer. After that Admin-whatever-F7 went offline Ren was left alone with his thoughts. Well, at least he was warm and comfortable. And he was a baby. The question of what he is supposed to do with his new life can be answered later. For now he would do as he should do, let himself be taken care of by his mother.

Mother…

What a strange concept this was. Ren never had a mother before. Whenever he tried to ask his father about her, on good days he would get a glare or a dismissive grunt, on bad days he would get a beating.

His new mother was fluffy. Ren wondered if he should lament the fact that this wasn’t his human mother. If he should feel guilty about the fact that he already loved his new mother.

I wonder if I should call her m-mom… That would be nice… Ah! But we are animals! If we are going to communicate via animal noises I wonder if we can even understand each other? Maybe the Code breaking skill can help with that…

He got over his doubts quickly. His mother was his mom now. Ren wouldn’t sweat the small details. He snuggled deeper inside his mom’s fur, sighed happily and fell asleep.

Time passed by in a blur. Ren’s mother would feed and clean him often, and he would mostly sleep. Ren figured there wasn’t any point in asking more questions from the system for the time being, as he was blind and deaf and couldn’t explore his surroundings by himself yet. A week passed like this. Then Ren noticed something new and exciting.

He could open his eyes a little one day. Not all the way, and his vision was blurry, but he could see light and colors and rough shapes. The first thing he saw was a whole lot of white fur. And he could hear too. He heard his mother breathing softly into his ear, and he heard birds singing, and insects scurrying about. The sounds of a forest.

When Ren started squirming about excitedly, wanting to explore, he felt his mom lick him, then gently nudging him towards something pink and bulging. She pressed him against it with her muzzle, and Ren realized from the milky smell, that it was the nipple he was feeding from all this time.

He latched onto it hungrily – he was often hungry – and suckled the warm creamy goodness down greedily. Soon after he started to feel drowsy again. Before falling asleep he vaguely registered the notifications the system popped up.

[Passive skill ‘Night vision’ activated.]

[Passive skill ‘Sharp ears’ activated.]

 

As the days passed Ren’s eyes opened more and more, until finally he could take in the world surrounding him with wide eyes. He found his mother beautiful. He couldn’t help but stare at her big blue eyes in awe. He found her pastel red mask pretty cool. As she was huge, it took a while to look at all of her, and Ren found that he loved her so much he would do anything for her. Though…

...Rather then a tanuki, isn’t she a red panda? Except white… Is she an albino?

Actually she looked like a white offspring of a raccoon and a red panda, she didn’t resemble a tanuki at all.

Well, who cares. She is cute.

Wanting to tell his mother how adorable he found her, Ren open his mouth and mewled. Surprised at the high pitch of his animalistic voice, he vocalized some more. He kept yipping and steadily crawling between his mother’s two front legs. Suddenly, he heard a voice. It seemed feminine but throaty and husky at the same time as if speaking over a quiet growling. That’s right speaking – his mother was apparently asking him something. With actual coherent words flowing out of her furry mouth.

Wait, she can talk??? … But, I don’t understand her. What language is that? Hey, system!

                              Administrator F7 has joined Chatroom.

System, what language is that? Can I understand it with Code breaking?

[That is the common tongue spoken on the Denroe continent. Using the Code breaking skill you will be able to comprehend the words spoken to you more quickly, and learning the language much faster then normally would be possible. Would you like to activate the skill, Code breaking, Ren?]

Yes.

[Code breaking Lv. 1 activated.]

Are we really tanuki? She and I, I mean. She looks nothing like the tanuki I know of.

[Yes. Keep in mind that this is a different world than the one you are from Ren. Some things maybe called the same as the things you know of yet be very different in reality. Furthermore your mother is technically an evolved form of tanuki, she is a Mystical trickster demigod.]

De-demi…?

Ren stared up at his mom with admiration. A demigod. Apparently, in this word that was a thing.

Does that mean that gods exist in this word?

[Yes.]

Are you a god?

There was a moment of silence before the system answered.

[No.]

Since she can evolve does that mean she can become a god eventually?

[Yes.]

Does that mean I can become a god too?

[Yes, if you take a similar evolutionary path.]

There are different kinds of that for the same species?

[Yes. While every tanuki starts out more or less the same, during their life their choices and tastes determine what direction they take. Every individual ends up different.]

Do you have a direction you want me to take?

[No. This system exists merely to support you along your way. You decide what becomes of you.]

Oh. I was worried that with my luck I would end up getting one of those R rated systems…

[Would the host like to activate Sexual adventures mode?]

The system reacted to that immediately. In Ren’s opinion, maybe a little too fast.

NO!!!

Ren yelled quickly and firmly and the system fell silent again, though Ren swore he could feel someone click their tongue in disappointment and annoyance.

[Would you like to activate Sexual adventures mode?]

The question popped up again.

I said no.

[Would you like to activate Sexual adventures mode?]

What are you doing?!

[Would you like to activate Sexual adventures mode?]

NO!!! No, goddamit!

[Would you like to activate Sexual adventures mode?]

[Would you like to activate Sexual adventures mode?]

[Would you like to activate Sexual adventures mode?]

[Would you like to activate Sexual adventures mode?]

[Would you like to activate Sexual adventures mode?]

[Would you like to activate Sexual adventures mode?]

[Would you like to activate Sexual adventures mode?]

[Would you like to activate Sexual adventures mode?]

[Would you like to activate Sexual adventures mode?]

Ren stared at the notifications in dismay. It was as if his brain caught a computer virus, and was about to crash.

[Calm mind activated. 5% of stress has been alleviated.]

[Would you like to activate Sexual adventures mode?]

Do you have a bug or something?

16