Joining Kuoh High
220 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with next chapter of Shadow Light.

You can read next 15 Chapters of Shadow Light and Not Yet now, on my Patron page.

Link to it is on my profile or just go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' there.

"Normal Speech"

'Normal thought' people thinking.

"Kurama/Dragons" Kurama or Dragons speaking.

'Kurama/Dragon thought' Kurama or Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/ Magic" is being used.

Enjoy.

Shadow Light

Chapter 5

Joining Kuoh High

"So it's time for fun then," said Naruto with a feral grin on his face. Azazel knew that particular grin from his time with Naruto. It screamed that someone as in a person or a group is going to be pranked, hard. He sighed, he couldn't stop this or he will be the next target of the Blondes pranks. He didn't want that, so he just kept his cool and waited for the blonde to leave and soon he left in a flash.

"I don't want to be the one who is going to be on another side of his prank," Azazel said aloud and went back to drink.

Scene Break

Naruto was in his home in Japan, he was thinking about the letter the Devils sent him. He knew full well that they can't change him into Devil even if Sirzechs gave him his King piece. So, that is not an option and on the other hand, they gave Jiraiya this option to appreciate his literature and encourage him to give them more literature and be more cordial to him. Rejecting it won't give a good image of him in the Devils. They did this by convincing their Elder Council after all, and convincing those old fools is not an easy thing.

"What to do what to do," he thought about the Human Evil piece option. I thought it to be the best, but the problem came in the person. Jiraiya is not a person, as not in human, he is just a clone that I had created. If he was to accept the King Piece, I should put it in him, which would send alarms to the Devils as they offered it to 'Him' and now they are sensing it from another person. A devious idea formed in my mind. An idea that will shake the Devil Society with my decision.

"It is time to Introduce Uzumaki Naruto to the Devils then," said Naruto with a satisfactory smile.

"So you have decided to take it yourself," said Kurama in amusement.

'What are you talking about, Kurama. Aren't you called the Demon Fox' he said with a smirk.

"Oh, you are going to use my demonic presence to your advantage then," said Kurama with amusement.

'Yep. Even if I put the evil piece in me, it won't affect me and give me any weakness to light-based attacks as my body is stronger than most devils. As for using you, I should show them some improvement after taking the evil piece, shouldn't I and your 1 tail cloak is enough to make them satisfactory'

"Cheeky little brat. Be careful, Naruto. Devils may be fooled by your tricks, but there may be some who will find it out if you make any mistake" he said in a warning tone.

'What will do when they find out. Nothing. They can't even touch a hair of mine' he said in a serious tone.

'But I assure you that I will do this as peaceful as possible' promised Naruto. He is going to send the reply to the Devils now.

'To the Elder Council,

I am honoured to know that you have decided to give me such an opportunity. I am accepting it from the depths of my heart. I hope I can uphold the faith you have put in me. I would like to opt to stay human and ask of you to consider this in your preparation for the Evil Pieces set and my magic is Illusion Magic. I will give you more details in person, rather than in a letter. I wish my regards to the Devil Faction as a whole.

Yours,

Jiraiya, The Sannin'

"Illusion Magic, you say. Are you talking about the Sharingan" asked Kurama when he read that name?

"Yep. The same old Sharingan. I would like to give Hinata some credit here, but if I reveal that they would my secret way of writing books, so Sharingan instead. I think they are gonna party when the next batch of the Icha Icha paradise releases"

"Why so"

"Oh, you will see in good time my friend," said Naruto with a perverted smile.

'This world did really affect you Naruto' thought Kurama at the perverted grin Naruto had.

Scene Break

Kuoh Academy, After Christmas Holidays

It is the beginning of a new term, as the semester exams were done for all the years in the Kuoh High School, is the first day of the school after holidays. Everyone was talking excitedly to their friends about their holidays. 2 girls in particular, who are in their first year were talking about their time with their family. These 2 were Rias Gremory and Sona Sitri or Souna Shitori in the case of the latter. These 2 are the devil heiresses for the Clans of Gremory and Sitri, and sisters of the 2 most powerful sis-cons in the world, Sirzechs Lucifer and Serafall Leviathan.

Naruto was observing his targets from a tree nearby. Stealth is his speciality, how impossible it may seem to believe. They were conversing with each other animatedly.

"So Rias, how was your time with your family," asked Sona or Souna Shitori putting her glasses up, very Kabuto like, if you ask Naruto but he kicked that thought out and heard them intently.

"It is fine for the most part, Sona. Until Nii-chan came" she sighed.

"Yes, I know how possessive Sirzechs-sama can be. What did your parents say about that" she asked in a stern tone but at the end, a sliver of concern slipped into it?

"I still got time, I guess. But they still didn't budge on their decision. They are standing their ground, and if Nii-chan was to do anything that will be seen as an act of favouritism which is not expected of one in his position. He is trying to talk to our parents, but they are not budging" she explained with a sad sigh.

"You have time, right," asked Sona, now fully concerned.

"Yes, I asked will the end of the University, but I think Riser is not going to wait till then. At least 2 years I guess" she said in a resigned expression. An expression that Naruto didn't like, it is an expression Neji had when he fought Naruto, an expression of surrender to their fate.

"2 years huh, I guess we should scout for potential members then," said Sona in a firm tone. Rias nodded at that. They both went to their class as it is pretty much late. Naruto landed on the ground, without any sound in his Kuoh boys uniform. His uniform consists of a black blazer with white accents over a white, long-sleeved, button-down shirt with vertical linings, a black ribbon on the collar, matching black pants, and brown dress shoes. At least the shoes should be brown. Naruto wore 'Orange' shoes, surprised, don't be.

He went directly to the Principal's office. He knocked on the door 3 times when a muffled 'come in' came, he entered.

"Good Morning, sir. I am Uzumaki Naruto, the new transfer student from Europe" he said, extending his hand, bowing being the formality and he is not one for formalities. The Principal was a middle-aged man with black hair and brown eyes. His eyes shown in recognition.

"Yes, yes. The top student of your Middle school. I have read your file and it is impressive, Uzumaki-san. My name is Tensai Takami. Please take a seat" said the man, extending his hand and Naruto gave him a firm handshake. Naruto sat in a chair opposite the principal.

"Thank you. Can you give me my schedule and directions to my class Tensai-san" he asked politely. Naruto saw something at the corner of the table which made him smirk. At the end of the table under his file was an ending of an orange book, which was haphazardly closed and covered by his file.

"Your schedule is with the Student Council, Uzumaki-san. I will inform them to give it to you or you can go to the student council office to get it during the break" he said.

"I'll take it in my break period, thank you, sir," he said and Naruto rose from his seat.

"I'll send someone to guide you then," he said and saw someone outside and called them in.

"Shinra-san" he called out, Naruto turned to see a young bespectacled woman(rather than a teenager) with long straight black hair that extends down to her knees, with split bangs and heterochromatic eyes, with a violet left eye and a light brown right eye look back into the Principals office. She stepped in a moment later.

"Do you need anything from me, sir?" she asked politely.

"Yes, this is Uzumaki Naruto, our new transfer student. He is in class 1-A. Can you please guide him there" he asked and she nodded a moment later.

"Of course, sir" she replied, politely.

"Ah yes, where are my manners. Uzumaki-san, this is Shinra Tsubaki, Vice-President of Student Council. Shinra-san, this is Uzumaki Naruto, our new transfer student" he introduced both of them, gesturing towards one another.

'So, he is all the talk about. He is quite handsome' thought Tsubaki, as she heard all the girls talk about a new transfer student.

'She is Vice President, huh. She is a Devil and might be Sona's Queen' thought Naruto having an internal smirk.

"Please follow me, Uzumaki-san," she said in a polite tone, leaving the office room.

"Thanks again for your help, sir," said Naruto and followed Tsubaki. They went in companionable silence for a while as they passed the Student Council room, Naruto asked the question pretty much anyone will get.

"Shinra-san, can't you give me my schedule now. We are in front of the Student Council room"

"I'm sorry, Naruto-san, you must take it from Kaichou. It is a formality for all the students to meet with the Student Council President so that all the rules can be explained to them in person" she said in a matter of fact tone and unknowingly slipped as she called him by his first name. Naruto smirked at her. 'Got you'.

'Oh, you are planning on making me meet her then, well planned, my dear. Fell for it, huh' thought Naruto to himself. Her plan was pretty see throw after all.

"Of course. I would like to meet Kaichou in person. Isn't the Student Council President will be from the final year" asked Naruto. Sona and Rias are his age(throat clearing) he meant first years in the school.

"Yes, however, Kuoh follows different rules. The Previous Student Council President can choose their successor from any year they want in the remaining 2 years. That is how Kaichou was selected and made the new Student Council President" again, she explained in a matter of fact tone. 'Is speaking factually, her style or something' thought Naruto.

"Can I ask you a question, Uzumaki-san?" she asked politely turning a corner.

"Yes," he replied simply.

"Why did come to Kuoh Academy specifically"

"Well, although I was born in Europe, I always loved Japan as it is my motherland, literally, and wanted to study here and know the country better. When I thought of joining a high school, I thought of going to Japan. But because of all the formalities and such, I have joined late" he asked in a flat tone, without any change in his expression or emotions.

'He is hard to read, I'll give him that. What's do I ask next? He looks pretty strong and smart, hm let's see'

"Are you interested in joining any clubs?" she asked for the first time, curiosity coming into her tone. Naruto gave her a charming smile.

"Oh, that would be telling. I'm sorry, my dear, but I'm going to keep it a secret" he said with another charming smile. But this is one of the differences. While the previous one had a bit of teasing and a bit flirtatious, this one screamed 'Oh, love, you can not have everything you want'. Tsubaki blushed at his comment. 'Quite a charmer he is' she thought to herself, her mind organizing everything he told to report to Sona later.

"This is a long walk, don't you say, Tsubaki," asked Naruto. Calling by her first name made her miss her step.

"Why are you calling me with my first name, Uzumaki-san. We are not friends or anything and we just met" she asked with a bit of annoyance. Calling someone with their first name in Japanese culture means, you are good friends and calling as such is agreeable to both parties.

"Oh, I thought as you are asking me so many things, you are interested in me, Tsu-ba-ki," he said in a sly tone. This time though, Tsubaki stopped and hide her blush as she is in front of him and thought Naruto couldn't see, poor girl. Naruto was seeing everything with his Byakugan.

"And, we are walking in a long route around the whole school to reach my class, what does this suggest," he said, not completing the sentence, which made Tsubaki fill in the blanks. 'What if students saw this and thought we are in a relationship' is what she filed the gaps with. She didn't notice Naruto come in front of her and staring at her red face.

"Oh, Shinra-san I thought you were giving me school tour," he said innocently, with a hand rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. Tsubaki was taken back by his change in demeanour. 'What is going on? Didn't he just tease me about having a relationship' she yelled in her mind? This confused her.

"Are you alright, Shinra-san. I think you got a fever, your face is red" he said stepping closer and putting a hand on her forehead gently. Tsubaki back-peddled from him.

"I-I'm fine, Uzu-Uzumaki-san. We have reached your classroom, it is just in the next right the third classroom, you will see a board with 1-A clearly. I have some urgent work to do. Sorry for leaving you like this. Have a nice day" she said in a hurry and started running back to the Student Council room.

"Thank you for helping me, Shinra-san. I hope you will have a good day as well" he said back, but he knew she didn't listen to him. He smirked at her retreating back.

"That's a different prank you played on her, Naruto," said Kurama, amused.

'You don't say. She is a good actor, asking me my preferences and origins and such, information, but she is hundred years too young to play mind games with me' he cackled in his mind and went back on his way to his new classroom.

Minutes earlier, Class 1-A

Class 1-A is a class filled with most of the beautiful girls in Kuoh high has in first-year classes. It has 40 seats of which 5 are empty. This is the class of Rias Gremory and Sona Sitri the 2 devil heiresses. This is the class that Uzumaki Naruto was assigned to.

"So students, now we are going to discuss the Samurai of Japan. As you all know Samurai are Ninja or Shinobi who are mercenaries. A perfect of a Ninja is N-" the class was interrupted by a knock on the door. The History teacher, who is a young woman in her mid-20s went to the door and opened it. She talked to the other person for a bit and then closed the door soon.

"Students, we have a new transfer student, welcome him in. Come in" she said turning to the door. The door slid open and in came our favourite blonde.

"Introduce yourself to the class," she said giving him chalk. Naruto wrote his name on the board in perfect Japanese and turned to the class.

"Yo, my name is Uzumaki Naruto. I'll be in your care, so please take care of me" he said in a polite tone and bowed as it is customary. And then, he struck a pose, which is 'cool' in the eyes of all the girls and he gave them a wink. This means, in a School like Kuoh, 80% of the class there are only 5 boys. There are loud squeals of joy and hearts in their eyes around the class. Only 2 girls didn't reply with anyone of the above. Those 2 being Rias and Sona. They are observing the blonde closely.

'He managed to get the full attention of all the girls with just an introduction' thought the Devil heiresses simultaneously.

All the boys screamed bloody murder at him for being a bishounen. They promised hell if he went out with any of them.

Naruto heard everything as his hearing is top-notch and silently mulled over the information.

'Students are not a problem at all. Devils, though. I must keep a close watch on them' thought Naruto and the teacher said to the class ask him any questions. So many girls raised their hands and she picked one.

"Do you have any girlfriend, Naruto-kun?" she asked.

"No. Not that I'm interested, but you all are so beautiful" he said with a charming smile. The added effect of his whisker marks didn't even decrease the charm any low, if observed closely, it increased the charm of his smile by a large margin. Again, shouts of cute and cuddly rang through the class. The girl who questioned had a nose bleed after that.

'I don't want to think what she is thinking now' thought Naruto, disturbed. The next girl asked a good question.

"Why did you choose Kuoh high, as there are good schools in Europe also"

"That's a good question. Japan is my motherland. When I'm searching for a school to join, a friend of mine suggested Kuoh high and when I saw the standards and location of the School, I immediately applied for it and got accepted" he replied smoothly. He had the same question 3 times now. She gave a nod and sat down. The friend he is referring to is Azazel, of course. Sona rose her hand and the teacher gave her permission to ask.

"Are you interested in joining any club," she asked with a calculating look.

"Oh, I must say, Kaichou, I didn't think you and your Vice President are this much interested in me," he said with a wink. The class went into complete disarray with shouts and accusations. Sona was confused and the teacher got alarmed. Naruto simply raised his hand to calm all the hormonal teens down.

"Calm down, guys. Let me finish my explanation" he said and the girls calmed down.

"What I meant is, Shinra Tsubaki, the Vice President of Student Council had asked the same question and you did the same, Kaichou if you ask me about my preference, then doesn't it make a personal question. But rest assured you are going to like it, and Kaichou, we are going to discuss it when I meet you during the lunch break" he said in a calm tone and Sona nodded. Nobody noticed how Naruto knew Sona to be well, Sona. Even Rias and Sona missed it. He smirked, 'they couldn't even identify my clue. These children are easy to manipulate' thought Naruto and soon sat in the corner seat of the class. The class followed and soon came the lunch break.

"Uzumaki-san, please follow me," said Sona and she went to the door, immediately without giving him time to respond. Naruto was asleep when she asked him and Sona promptly reached the Student Council office. To her surprise, the door was unlocked. She formed a magic circle in her hand preparing her magic if an intruder had managed to infiltrate her office. When she went in, the sight shocked and annoyed her. There, in the waiting Couch sat Uzumaki Naruto, with a big Ramen bowl in front of him, steaming hot, and by the looks of it, it is one from Student Council Office stock. He also had another one in front of him seemingly waiting for her arrival.

"Oh, Souna-san, you have come. I have been waiting for you" he said nonchalantly. The difference in his call didn't go unnoticed by Sona.

"I don't think I gave you permission to call me by my first name, Uzumaki-san," she asked in a cold tone cancelling any built-up magic.

"Nah, I'm not one for formalities and you are interested in you and what's wrong calling by given names, aren't you from the western world as well," he asked with a raised eyebrows. Sona processed the last part, but when she mulled over the first part her face lit up in anger.

"Who told you that I'm interested in you" she yelled at him and at the same moment, the door opened and in came Tsubaki. She came to see Uzumaki and her President talking about something.

"Pardon for my intrusion, Kaichou. I didn't think you are busy in a meeting" she said in a polite tone, bowing to apologise for the intrusion.

"N-no, there is nothing like that, Tsubaki. I just came in and Uzumaki-san was telling me about his interest in clubs" she stammered out, losing all her cold personality. Making Tsubaki blush unknowingly at that statement.

"Yes, Tsubaki-san, just telling Souna-san about my lack of formalities" Naruto added. Tsubaki just nodded.

"Please eat the Ramen, it will get cold soon," said Naruto and another Ramen box came in front of Tsubaki as well, how? They didn't think about it now. They dug in.

"As I was saying, Souna-san. I'm not one for formalities and I would like to call you guys and others at school on a first name basis. Do you have any objection to that" he asked. They both thought about it and Naruto ate his Ramen coolly, giving them time to think. An internal debate went between the King and Queen and they both nodded.

"If you keep it to a minimum, then we agree and as for others I think you should ask them," said Sona regaining her cold and calculating personality back. Naruto clapped his hands.

"Well, now that's settled, can I get my schedule," he asked and Sona took a paper from her sheet and gave it to him.

"Good. Now for the most important question" said Naruto throwing his Ramen bowl into the trash bin with perfect accuracy. This didn't go unnoticed by the 2 Devils in the room.

"About my interest in joining any club", he said piquing the interest of the 2 girls.

"First, can you tell me what are the clubs here," he asked Sona. Who nodded and explained them. She took a map showing the various locations around Kuoh Academy. She explained them briefly.

"Occult Research Club

The Occult Research Club is a school club focusing on various research on Occult. The club was once disbanded and now reestablished by Rias Gremory. The club is located at the old school building of Kuoh Academy.

Student Council

The Student Council is the Academy's student body where its members attempt to keep order within the school grounds. It is led by me currently.

Tennis Club

A sports club of the school, led by Kiyome Abe. Students join to learn how to play tennis.

Girls' Kendo Club

It is a sports club reserved only for girls. Girls are taught how to learn Kendo with Boken.

Photo Club

It is a club that focuses on photography. Students can join it to learn photography and such.

Manga Research Club

Students join to read various types of mangas as well as creating their series.

I don't want to go into detail about what they started this year. But I'm sure that it is not suitable for you and you can just opt to not join a club altogether" said Sona finishing her explanation about the different clubs in the school.

Naruto thought about them for a minute. He could join any club, he can join the Manga research Club and publish his 'works' at school. That brought a grin to Naruto's but he left it be, not changing the expression on his face.

"So, can I join everyone one of them or is there any restriction," he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Generally one club takes the most time, but students are allowed to join 2 clubs at most as anything more could cause an ill effect on their health," she said in a matter of factly.

"Hmm, I can join the Occult Research Club or Student Council at the same time then," he asked annoying her.

"Student Council generally won't have students in other clubs as we have a lot of work to do," she said irritation creeping into her voice. She couldn't get rid of him. He seems interested in everything and nothing at the same time and he is annoying her with his dumb questions.

"What if someone wants to start a club," he asked her. This made both of them raise eyebrows.

"A new club, well, you should get permission from the Student Council or the Management to open it and tell what kind of club you are going to start and other steps to be followed. Like members, budget, club room" she ticked everything off on her fingers.

"Well then, I would like to start a Ninja Club," said Naruto, putting some files on the table. This made both of them look at him with eyes wide as dinner plates.

"These have all the required documents except for your approval. It has my skills, the estimated number of members, total budget required and fund estimates that can be raised" he said, in the same manner of ticking off his fingers. Sona's and Tsubaki's eyes almost popped out of her sockets. 'Is this guy crazy' was the common thought running through them. To submit complete paperwork including budget and other details is not something easy.

Sona picked it up and read through them briefly. It has so many calculations and if everything went as per the paper, then this club is going to be in top place. Equally standing with Occult Research Club and Student Club. As they are the most desired clubs because of Sona's and Rias's Devil charm. She drank some water. Naruto's skill is not something to scoff at. He has Black Belts in Karate and Taekwondo and is a certified martial arts expert as written in these files. 'For a Human, he is strong. I wonder if he would join my peerage, though' she thought. But decided to leave it for now. She has time to observe him and if he is as strong as the records speak of, then she can ask him later.

"Yes, if you give me some time to go through every one of these, then I can give you my decision on this," she said gesturing to all the files in front of her. Naruto nodded his head. He was prepared to shock them by showing his Taijutsu, but all the paperwork is original and they can not find any mistake in them even if they search with a magnifying lens.

"Is that all, Souna-san, can I leave?" he asked her in a polite tone and she gave him a smirk. 'Oh, this is going to be interesting' thought Naruto with his internal smirk.

"According to your schedule, you don't have any classes after lunch, why don't we play a game of chess," she said bringing up a chessboard in front of her. Naruto gave her a smirk.

"Are you sure of this, Souna-san, what are the odds"

"Hm, let me think"

"How about this, if you win, you will get your club room and all the equipment required of high quality with all the paperwork done by evening. If you lose, you will not bring up your club till next semester and will work for the Student Council at least 100 hours a month. Are these terms ok, or will you play a fun game for once" she asked in a taunting tone.

"You got yourself a deal but in addition to my club establishment, I'm also going to eat every day here in Student Council, deal," he asked extending his hand towards her. She thought for a second and replied with a smirk.

"Deal. Be prepared, Uzumaki, you got a deal with a Devil. Only with luck can you win a game of chess with me" she said with a superior smirk. It is very out of character for Sona Sitri to be smug or act superior to others, but at this moment she thought it to be necessary and acted in such a way, a decision she may regret in future.

"Oh, luck. Luck is my bitch, my dear. You don't worry, the Devil will know not to taunt me again" he said with a mysterious smile. Sona didn't understand. She didn't use the word Devil just for fun, no, she gave him a clue there, and he replied in a taunting tone and why is she feeling a sense of dread coming.

'What is wrong with me, I'm an unbeatable chess player and even Devils fear to play with me and this human is taunting me' she composed herself and they arranged the board. Sona taking White and Naruto taking Black.

And Cut.

That's it for this chapter folks. I hope you all enjoyed it.

Read, Review and Comment your opinion on the story.

If you have any questions, ask me in reviews or PM me.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Don't forget to read the Naruto/Fairy Tail crossover I uploaded today on my profile.

RR.

Thank you for reading.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

8