The Blonde Enigma
62 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the Next Chapter of Shadow Light. Today is my birthday and I've launched my new discord server to share so much more than I can in words!

Here's a link to my super private server on discord where I'll keep on updating sneak peeks of the chapters, Character designs and where you can freely talk and ask things regarding my fics directly from me. I'm most active there:

It's a relatively new server, so please show some love <3

Link: discord . Gg / SPsSwAcq4b

Remove the spaces

Name: Black Dawn

Thank you for your continued love and support! Hope to see you on the server!!!

Enjoy.

Shadow Light

Chapter 42

The Blonde Enigma

Naruto didn't have the hunger to eat anything or listen to anyone as he made his way to his hotel room. His group followed his lead leaving Gods and Devil Kings to think in silence. He knew the event would be hushed.

If not for anything, it will be hushed for the sake of the Shinto Pantheon and for it to not lose its standing as a major faction in the world and he half-expected to be offered some deals for his silence as well.

But Amaterasu is not as foolish and ineffective as he thought her to be. She at least agreed with him about their lack of effort and promised to work to improve. He only hoped other Gods and pantheons were like her.

Maybe not in his form, he visited many pantheons across the world and asked and in some cases offered to strengthen their defences. While most didn't care for what he said and ignored him, some decided to improve according to their whims, not helping anyone.

Naruto dropped on the endeavour, deciding to only intervene when the Peace was truly threatened and fortunately for him, it wasn't till today when someone actively tried to destroy Kyoto, a cultural and spiritual pearl for the Shinto Pantheon.

Though Naruto has a good idea of who might be responsible for it and who they are backed by, he decided to not press on because he didn't want to upset the balance and peace the world is enjoying. If they try again, he'll show them.

In his deep thoughts, he didn't notice reaching his room and searched around for the keycard. Reni, who was just behind him, slid the key card into the door of their hotel room; he gave her a grateful smile, his anger completely subsiding.

Stepping inside, he was greeted by the concerned faces of his peerage: Mia, Kana, Roygun, and Meddy. Each of them looked tense, their eyes searching his body for any signs of injury or emotional turmoil.

"Naruto-Kun/Sama!" they said in unison, a sigh of relief passing through them noticing he is safe. Though they knew he couldn't be easily injured.

"I thought I might find all of you here," Naruto said, his lips quirking in a half-smile as he closed the door behind him and observed all his girls followed him in.

"You had us worried, Naruto-kun," Mia finally broke the silence. "We felt an immense surge of your magic and rage. What happened?"

Though Miya asked, he could see Roygun, Kana and Medusa looking at him questioningly, asking the same question while Medusa, who is one step ahead, polished her daggers, as if ready to counter any threat to her master.

"It's over, and I'm fine," Naruto assured them, his eyes meeting each of theirs in turn. "But I apologise for making you worry."

As if not trusting him, they turned to Reni. "It's over," she reassured them and their faces brightened. Naruto is too engrossed in the moment to tease them for not trusting him.

Kana let out a sigh of relief and floated over to him, enveloping him in a tight hug. "You better be, you can't go scaring us like that," she murmured against his chest.

Roygun, usually so composed, let her guard down enough to show genuine concern. "With the magnitude of magic that was unleashed, we thought..."

"That I'd lose myself?" Naruto interrupted gently, understanding the unsaid fear that lingered in her eyes. "It was a close thing, but I had reasons to fight and come back to." He said with a small, gently caressing her hair.

"I appreciate your concern. Now let's eat," Naruto said with a bright smile. As if on cue, a soft chime sounded, signalling room service's arrival with a cart full of assorted delicacies and food. Naruto guided the cart into the centre of the room.

"Consider this a small token of gratitude for putting up with me," he said, unveiling the treats. He cooked them to calm them. Sushi, sashimi, an assortment of fruits, and chocolate fondue were elegantly spread out with many foods of their tastes lying in front of them.

The tension in the room dissipated as his peerage eyed the spread. "Well, if this is your way of making it up to us, it might not be sufficient," Roygun teased, picking up a piece of sushi.

"Only 'might'?" Naruto raised an eyebrow, grinning.

"Let's eat first, then we'll decide," she replied, winking.

As they gathered around the cart, digging into the feast, the room was filled with laughter and easy conversation. For a moment, the weight of the world's troubles was forgotten, replaced by the comforting presence of loved ones and the simple joy of shared food.

After dinner, all decided Naruto had to do more to satisfy them for the stress he put them through and he decided to be the man of his word and all of them dipped into the pleasures of the night, satisfied with his handy work.

As they eased into the familiar warmth and blissful pleasure, Naruto explained what happened and why he had to show a fraction of his power and hinted at a potential addition soon. With happy smiles and radiant glow to their bodies, everyone rested.

With Rossweisse

Rossweisse sat alone in her room, her eyes narrowed as she reviewed the events of the day in her mind and from the notes she made. She had witnessed Naruto's immeasurable power, the slaughter of thousands of Onis and the ripple effect it had on both the Shinto gods and the Devils.

To say she is stunned would be an understatement; it is like seeing a whirlpool of destruction and creation with an epicentre named Naruto Uzumaki. And what is that shadowy, draconic aura? It left her uneasy and intrigued in equal measure.

Turning to her enchanted mirror, she initiated a direct communication spell to Odin, the Norse All-Father. "Lord Odin, I have news from Kyoto. Your suspicions are correct, the Devil's potential for chaos is high, and the city was invaded by Onis from the Shinto Hell today."

"Yeah, yeah. And what of Naruto Uzumaki? My favourite student?" Odin's voice crackled with a blend of curiosity and mischief, as was his wont. Rosseweisse can see many women in various stages of stripping to the side of the screen.

She hesitated for a moment, searching for the right words. "He is... extraordinarily powerful, My Lord. He dispatched the Onis, including their generals, in a matter of minutes. He even went toe-to-toe with Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi, criticising them for their lack of security. His magic is unlike anything I've seen."

Odin leaned back, stroking his beard thoughtfully, she didn't know if he was thinking about Naruto or the women in front of him. "Hmm, a conundrum wrapped in an enigma. Very well, Rosy, I order you to keep a close eye on him. Gather all the information you can, especially about this mysterious magic of his. I'm sure it's his Sacred Gear. The Devils were crafty, not revealing what his magic is."

Rossweisse bristled at the thought of spying on her student, but the order from Odin is not one she could refuse. "Yes, My Lord. As you wish."

"And Rossweisse," Odin's voice softened, "Don't forget to enjoy your time in Kyoto. For a Valkyrie, you too need some leisure, you know."

She almost rolled her eyes at Odin's cheeky comment. "Understood, My Lord." She hesitated to speak the next part.

"Lord-Odin?" she asked hesitating.

"Yes?" Odin queried, his eyebrows raised.

"When will I get a pay raise? I got many things to buy and bills to pay. The salary is barely scratching them…"

"Uh, well. You should focus on your mission first, Rossweisse. And I'm sure boyfriends these days take care of all those bills." He said in a hurry, whispering the last part which Rossweisse heard. As she is about to protest, Odin continued.

"Ah, would you look at the time! I'll see what I can do. No promises. As a young woman, you should sleep, you know? Chop, chop, sleep!" With a cheeky wink, Odin was gone, leaving only a swirling mass of astral mist in his wake.

As the communication spell dissolved, Rossweisse sighed. Her gaze wandered back to the serene cityscape of Kyoto, now restored to its original state as if the battle had never happened. If she was going to spy on Naruto, she'd have to tread carefully.

The blonde is far more than he appeared to be, and the implications of that are both terrifying and exhilarating. She has a feeling that she, and perhaps the realms themselves, are standing on the brink of something monumental. And she couldn't decide whether that excited or scared her more.

With Rias and Sona

As the moon ascended its celestial arc, casting a soothing glow over the rebuilt city of Kyoto, a newfound tranquillity settled in. The night is almost anodyne, giving respite to both the supernatural beings who had witnessed the day's cataclysmic events.

In Sona's room at the traditional Japanese hotel, Rias and Sona sat facing each other, cups of steaming green tea before them. Their eyes met, and without a word, both understood the gravity of what they had just experienced—their first real encounter with battle on a scale neither had anticipated.

"It was terrifying," Rias began, her voice tinged with vulnerability. "Not just the power of the Onis, but the responsibility that was thrust on us. I've never felt it weigh so heavily. I can only imagine what Naruto felt." She shuddered.

Sona nodded, her analytical gaze unfaltering. "The tactical demands, the need for quick decisions—it was a baptism by fire. As for Naruto, he appeared natural. As if he's been there many times before and done that." She said in an airy tone. Her eyes got their focus back on Rias's quizzical look and she cleared her head. "Nothing. I just meant to say we can learn from this experience, and become better."

Rias nodded, understanding what Sona's hinting at. Both young leaders sipped their tea, contemplating the layers of responsibility and accountability that rested on their shoulders. The night’s silence seemed to amplify their thoughts, creating a sanctuary for reflection.

Rias looked up, her eyes searching Sona’s. "Despite the terror, did you feel certain... exhilaration? The kind you can't get from training or watching Rating Games?"

Sona hesitated, then allowed herself a small smile. "Yes. It’s a different kind of satisfaction, knowing that you stood up when the world needed you, even if you were scared or unprepared."

"I know right! I'm surprised by Onii-sama's lack of affectionate shows." Rias said aloud.

"Same. I was taken aback to see Onee-sama acting as the Maou she should be. Maybe it's because of the Deities they are accompanying?" Sona suggested.

"Possible. But Naruto had the guts to talk to them like that. Though he said Lady-Amaterasu's name, it's as if he is stressing her act instead of words." Rias mused. Sona got a serious look at that.

"Did you observe the slight displacement of air when the pressure descended on Kyoto and Naruto came with that Yasaka? It felt to me as if he teleported and replaced the Naruto in front of us in less than a second."

"Are you suggesting what I think you are, Sona…?" Rias asked and Sona gave her a nod. Both of them got matching grins at that. They finally cracked it. Though they didn't have solid proof, they now knew Naruto had some kind of cloning ability.

As they sat, engrossed in their inner thoughts, both felt a subtle shift in their own perceptions of themselves, the events of the day making few things clear to them and showing them the mantle of leadership involved is far more than they had ever imagined. The combat had served as an irreplaceable lesson, a seminal experience that would indelibly shape their futures, both as leaders and as future Ladies of their respective Houses.

While the rest of their peerages found solace in sleep or quiet conversations, Rias and Sona sat deep into the night, the gravity of their newfound experience pulling them into a world that was far more complex and demanding than they have ever realised. Yet, it is a world they now know they are ready to face, strengthened not just by their own resolve but by the shared burdens and triumphs that came from standing side by side in the crucible of real-world conflict.

As the hours passed, the thoughts slowed, giving the heiresses a moment of respite. The conversation then turned to assessing their performance in the battle, each analysing where they needed to improve. They didn't miss Naruto's mention of the total number of Oni's that attacked. 100,000, not including the 100 Generals and the Prime General.

Rias took a deep breath, her eyes focused on a point in the distance as she considered the staggering numbers. "One hundred thousand Onis, not even counting their generals. That's... overwhelming. I'm very sure we didn't face more than a few Generals."

Sona nodded, her usually calm eyes tinged with concern. "And yet, Naruto dealt with them as though they were mere nuisances. It's sobering to think how far we are from him." She sighed. "But at least he is sparring with us and helping us," she said with a small smile.

Rias sighed, remembering the wave of relief that had washed over her when Naruto appeared on the battlefield to help her. "Yes, his power is on an entirely different level. We've been training, and honing our abilities, but compared to him, it feels like child's play. But as you pointed out, at least he is training us. Guess that's the difference between a Devil and a Dragon."

Sona adjusted her glasses, her thoughts as organised as ever. "While it's humbling, it also sets a clear benchmark for us. Naruto's power isn't just for show; it serves as a defensive wall between this world and unimaginable threats. We need to aim to be that strong, not just for our sake, but for the family we are sworn to protect and try to even surpass him."

Rias glanced at Sona, a newfound determination lighting up her crimson eyes. "We may not be there yet, but we'll get there, Sona. Maybe we don't have pieces today, but with Naruto's training and peerages who are willing to grow stronger with us, I have no doubt we'll rise to the occasion." She said in conviction. Maybe she should talk to her peerage to help them overcome their problems.

She ignored their problems till now as she didn't think they would be a problem for them. But today showed how much Akeno is struggling with her problem. Though Akeno's lightning ferocity increased, the raw potential she had in her wasn't touched.

Though Koneko, Yuuto and Gasper aren't there with her, she felt how they would be troubled in facing threats like these with their locked-up potential and abilities. She only hoped she could help them unlock those latent powers.

Sona smiled, her thoughts mirroring Rias's. "Agreed. Today is a stark lesson in the realities of the world we live in. But it's also shown us what's possible. If Naruto, a hybrid, can achieve such power, then so can we." Though she has her doubts, Sona stayed hopeful she can.

Both young leaders knew that the road ahead would be fraught with challenges and perils. Yet, the events of the day had crystallised their resolve. No longer would they view themselves merely as high-class Devils in a social hierarchy, but as the guardians of their family that faced threats from realms they had yet to fully understand.

The night deepened, and as they parted ways, both Rias and Sona felt the weight of responsibility settle firmly on their shoulders, balanced by a newfound sense of hope and purpose.

Mononoke Seiiki

In the grand hall of Mononoke Seiiki, the headquarters of the Yokai Faction, adorned with intricate designs that paid homage to the ancient Yokai culture, the Kyoto Yokai Council of Elders had gathered.

The atmosphere is one of urgency, the air thick with both incense and tension. Seated at an ornate table, each elder represented a different clan, each bearing the weight of centuries of tradition and wisdom.

Yasaka, the current Kyuubi, protector of Kyoto and leader of the Yokai in Kyoto, sat in her designated seat, her eyes distant, seemingly lost in thought. Her assistant, Hiyori, stood beside her, ever watchful and attentive.

"As you are all aware," began Elder Takahashi, a venerable Tengu with crow-like features, "the recent events have shaken the very core of our existence. Never has Kyoto faced such a demonic incursion."

The other elders nodded in agreement, murmurs of concern filling the room.

"We were saved by outsiders," continued Elder Oshiro, a cat-like Nekomata, her voice tinged with disbelief. "Devils fought to protect our lands. This raises questions about our capabilities."

All eyes turned to Yasaka, seeking her wisdom and direction. But the nine-tailed fox seemed disengaged, her gaze distant.

Hiyori stepped forward, sensing the need to speak on her leader's behalf. "Yasaka-sama is aware of the gravity of the situation. However, it should also be acknowledged that the battle brought forth unlikely alliances that were instrumental in saving Kyoto. Perhaps this is a sign that old boundaries and prejudices need to be reconsidered."

"Reconsidered or not," broke in Elder Fujiwara, a snake-like Orochi, "we must take steps to ensure that such a breach never occurs again."

Hiyori nodded. "Agreed. Yasaka-sama proposes a complete re-evaluation of our current barriers and is open to collaboration with other factions to strengthen them."

The elders seemed placated, for now, yet Yasaka's thoughts were miles away, caught in the echo of Naruto's words, his proclamation of Kyoto being his. They reverberated through her mind, a testament to change and a harbinger of possibilities yet unexplored.

Elder Nogitsune broke the silence, his fox-like eyes narrowing as he spoke. "What of the current barriers set up by that hybrid?" He asked in a disapproving tone, sewing a seed of doubt in other elders. "I find it highly inappropriate that a human-devil hybrid like Naruto should address Amaterasu-sama, the leader of the Shinto pantheon, in such a manner. And it's a shame that we needed his help to counter the Onis."

"Young and audacious," added Elder Tengu, folding his arms across his feathered chest. "Respect for the deities should be paramount. His criticism was not just audacious but dangerous. Questioning their ways in public might instigate unnecessary tensions."

Hiyori spoke up, "But Elder Tengu, one cannot ignore the validity of Naruto-sama's words. Our defences were lacking, and had it not been for him, the outcomes could have been catastrophic. His ways might be unorthodox, but they're effective."

Elder Kawa-no-kami, guardian of rivers, sighed. "Effectiveness is not the only metric, young Hiyori. Harmony between realms is a delicate balance. His actions, while heroic, have political ramifications. And why are you giving him such honorifics?" She asked, her eyes narrowing.

"Yet, should we sit in polite silence while the world around us is at risk?" Hiyori countered. "Naruto-sama did what he had to do, and perhaps his directness is what's needed to wake us all up from our complacency."

Elder Nure-onna, a snake-like Yokai, hissed softly, "It is not his place, nor ours, to lecture gods."

Hiyori looked around the room, meeting each elder's gaze. "Then whose place is it, if not those who have the power to make a difference?"

A heavy silence fell upon the room. Even the elders, well-versed in the arts of politics and debate, found themselves at a loss for words.

Finally, Yasaka emerged from her thoughts. "Naruto-kun may appear to be young and brash, but he is a brave and powerful man. His words to Amaterasu-sama and Tsukuyomi-sama have already had an effect; they are reevaluating our defensive strategies. If his boldness leads to stronger barriers between realms, then it is a small price to pay for greater security."

The elders exchanged glances, the weight of Yasaka's words sinking in. As their guardian, she has a higher responsibility than them and they too felt the responsibility for their people's safety when the Onis attacked, a duty that left no room for ego or ceremony. Slowly but surely, the room filled with nods of agreement, each Elder recognizing that perhaps, change—no matter how unorthodox—is necessary.

As the meeting adjourned, with the Elders engaging in side discussions, Yasaka finally returned to the present. Looking around, she realised that Kyoto, the Yokai, and perhaps even she herself, stood on the brink of a new era. And for the first time in years, that thought filled her with a sense of hope rather than dread.

After the Elders dispersed, Yasaka and Hiyori found themselves alone in the grand hall, which now felt emptier than ever despite the heavy discussions that had just taken place.

"So, Yasaka-sama," Hiyori started, a touch of excitement in her voice, "Naruto-sama is something else, isn't he? The way he handled the Onis and the whole invasion, it was like watching a storm sweep through a field. And that magic—Shadow Dragon magic, he called it? It's like nothing I've ever seen!"

Yasaka smiled, her eyes softening as they did whenever Naruto crossed her mind. "Indeed, Hiyori-chan. Naruto-kun is a force to be reckoned with. His strength is formidable, but what captivates me more is his conviction, his unwavering resolve to protect peace, no matter the cost."

Hiyori nodded, her eyes shining. "He's a hero, a real-life hero. And you, Yasaka-sama, have the honour of knowing such a person intimately."

Yasaka's gaze turned thoughtful. "It's more than an honour, Hiyori. It's a responsibility. A responsibility to be deserving of such strength and resolve. Naruto-kun's presence has made me reconsider many things, not just for Kyoto but for myself as well."

Hiyori sensed the emotional weight in Yasaka's words. "You're in love with him, aren't you?"

Yasaka chuckled softly. "Let's just say he's made a significant impression on me that's hard to ignore."

The two shared a warm moment, their eyes meeting in mutual understanding.

"I'm happy that Kanao-chan was sleeping through all this. I can't imagine how such an event would affect her." Yasaka said in relief. Kanao was unexpectedly sleeping when Yasaka went to check on her as soon as Naruto released his aura. She didn't want to disturb her and gave her to Naruto to protect and he hid her in his shadows.

After the battle ended, Yasaka found Kanao, still sleeping on her bed in her mansion and got a soft smile at that. She respected Naruto's protective nature and his sense of thinking of returning Kanao to her room is nothing short of appreciation.

"It's late," Yasaka finally said, rising from her seat. "We should get some rest. Tomorrow brings a new set of challenges."

Hiyori nodded, a mixture of respect and fondness in her eyes. "Of course, Yasaka-sama. I forgot to inform you that Gremory-sama extended the trip by 1 day because of the events. So Naruto-sama will stay tomorrow and leave the day after tomorrow." She said with a wide smile, which made a fond smile appear on Yasaka's face.

Underworld

After ensuring their younger siblings were well, Sirzechs Lucifer and Serafall Leviathan retreated to the Great King's private chamber, calling for an emergency meeting.

"Quite the display today, wasn't it?" Sirzechs began, his eyes slightly narrowed as he contemplated the gravity of the recent events.

Serafall nodded, her usual playful demeanour temporarily set aside. "Indeed, Naruto is something else. Ria-tan and So-tan gained invaluable experience, but at what cost? That level of power is unsettling."

Sirzechs sighed. "Though it is expected of him at this point I guess. We just didn't know how well he mastered his Sacred Gear. Today we got a good glimpse. His abilities are beyond anything we have ever seen in the new generation, even enough to shake the Shinto deities to their core."

"The question is, what does this mean for us and the Underworld? The balance of power is slowly shifting, and I don't think we're prepared for it," Serafall noted, her eyes meeting Sirzechs'.

Both of them were interrupted by a sudden magical ping; others arrived, getting the notice. As they sat, Sirzechs and Serafall went into detail and explained what happened in Kyoto and what unfolded next.

As the explanation ended, the chamber went quiet, each Maou and Zekram seemed calm and collected on the surface, but a storm of thoughts and feelings roiled within them.

Inside the head of Sirzechs, thoughts whirled like a storm. 'This boy, this hybrid, shifts the balance of power more drastically than I'd like to admit. Not only does he challenge the integrity of our social structure, but he also poses an existential threat to how we define strength and influence in our world. The notion of power is being redefined right before our eyes, and we are not the ones dictating its terms.'

Serafall is mentally pacing. 'The balance of magic and force that we've built up over centuries is suddenly not the only metric anymore. Such power to easily defy 100,000 Onis in 10 minutes. The entire supernatural landscape could change. That could endanger all of us, not just my So-tan and Ria-tan.'

There is a reason for Serafall and Sirzechs to join Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi after all. Dealing with 100,101 Onis is not easy and according to their estimates needed 2 high-level Gods and 2 Maous.

But Naruto killed all Onis in 10 minutes with barely 10 High-class Devils and a Kyuubi with an army of roughly 10,000 Yokai, whom they weren't sure participated in the battle or not. He even rebuilt the city from its torn and half-destroyed state.

Ajuka found his scientific curiosity wrestling with a sense of foreboding. 'The metaphysics of his Evil Pieces represents a whole new variable. A volatile, unpredictable one at that. In terms of raw power, it's a game-changer; but it's not just about having a new piece on the board, it's about rewriting the rules of the game.' He thought of revisiting the measurements Naruto's King piece recorded in the month of testing. Being among the few who saw Naruto's true capabilities, Ajuka knew better than to underestimate the blonde.

Zekram felt a gnawing unease. 'He's more than a potential crack in the social foundation; he's a potential earthquake in the geopolitical power structure. It's a blessing he is not power-hungry and is happy with Kuoh. But ignoring him could lead not only to a societal collapse but also to a radical redistribution of power. One that may not be in our favour.'

Falbium, the ever-lazy man he is, saw it all as a complex, tiresome effort. 'Naruto you troublesome blonde. You're becoming like a mixed board of three different board games thrown together. Though I can appreciate you for challenging the old-rooted ways. But really, what a colossal headache.'

Each Maou and Elder lost in their thoughts, was sharply aware that the choices they made now could lead to prosperity or disaster. The room felt like a cauldron on the verge of boiling over, and at the centre of it all was a single, unknown element: Naruto Uzumaki. Their collective decision would be the spoon that either stirred this cauldron into a beneficial mixture or caused it to spill over into chaos.

A shared understanding washed over the room. All knew they stood at the threshold of a new era, teeming with both risks and opportunities. The axis around which this new chapter revolved was none other than Naruto Uzumaki, a complex variable in an already intricate equation. They decided to continue their non-interference policy. But closely observe the blonde enigma.

And Cut.

That’s it for this chapter folks.

Hope to see you all on the server!!!

See y'all in the next chapter.

Suggestions are welcome.

R and R.

Black Infinity1289,

Ja Ne.

1