Ch.3 Tutorial part 1
531 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Spoiler

Game system infodump part 1 of 2

There's a TL;DR on the bottom of page. The paragraph spacing is a bit whack cuz it's SH, I'll fix it later.

[collapse]

 

"Welcome to Grand Castle of Dawn, spirit of otherworld" the person greeted.


"Hi," Hakuya replied curtly.


Hakuya looked at the person in front of him. Light blue hair, the hair so long it reached her  knee. She had beautiful androgynous face, her body also didn't show any significant muscle or curve. Her ears were significantly longer than normal, and she had several markings on her face and visible skin. Clearly a portrayal of a fantasy elf.


The elf then bowed and introduced herself.

"My name is Tuye, your guide for this small tutorial section" 

"This is where newcomers receive explanations on how the system works. Would you like to proceed?"


"Yes," Hakuya replied curtly, again. 


Tize frowned, and stared at Hakuya.

"You seem displeased. The system deduced that you would rather have an assistant for a tutorial than message panels. Would you like that instead?" she scowled.


The response shocked Hakuya. She seemed more human than normal AI. Normally, no AI would show displeasure towards humans.


"Are you a game master?" Hakuya asked carefully.


Tuye in return, snapped her finger and summoned a small table and two chairs. She sat on a chair and propped her left arm on the table.

"My goodness, no," she smiled.

"Would be contemptuous of me to pose as ones who govern you. I'm merely what you, spirits of the otherworld, call as NPC AI tasked to guide you."

"So, I shall inquire you once again. Would you like to proceed with me as assistant?"


Hakuya stayed silent, looking at Tuye's smile. It was very strange. An AI acting high and mighty. Her smile looked derisive, an alarming factor in Hakuya's mind. AI this humane could be dangerous, for what the movies have been telling.


For now however, Hakuya will not be able to progress unless he answers her question. He nodded slowly.

"Wonderful," Tuye clapped her hands.

"I've obtained your consent, let's proceed with the tutorial."

She snapped her fingers once again, a cup of tea appeared on the table. She took a sip of it, and returned to her explanation.


"For starters, try saying 'status' while thinking about your character. It should open your character information" Tuye said.


"Status," Hakuya muttered.

Name : Noel
Class : Light Owl - lv 1
Gold : 0
HP : 400/400
MP : 120/120

Weapon :
•Beginner kukri atk : 50
•Beginner kukri  atk : 50
 
Armor :
•Bodysuit Def : 10
•Bracers Def : 5
Stealth loafer Def : 10
Tactical waist bag Def : 0

Skills:
•Stealth lv 1
•Critical cut lv 1
Sound barrier lv 1
Entity scan lv 1
Superior disguise lv 1
Personate lv -

Verse :  •Heritage
•Twilight
•Hidden
•Resurgence
 
Contracted : -

Hakuya read through his status, noting some parts he saw.

"I don't have any stats? There's only HP and MP" Hakuya asked.

"Yes, your body only has HP and MP. Your other stats, such as attack, defense, or energy would be determined by your equipments," Tuye explained.

"Energy?"

"It is a stat used by those of magician class to control their magic"

"Then what about stats like agility or dexterity? They don't exist?"

"Such stats as those would be determined by 'movement assistance' type of skills. Try to focus on your skills list to examine it."


Hakuya looked at his status panel again, following Tuye's advice.

Stealth
Attribute : movement assistance, passive.
A must know for scouts and assassins, this skill helps you move quietly and covertly. Move behind your enemies or move around without grabbing any attention. Skill level improves your agility and movement.

Critical cut
Attribute : active, combat, cost : 10 MP.
Enhance your weapon to cut deeper than your slash, increase damage to 150%. Have 1% chance to inflict 'bleeding' to the enemy. Use this skill to kill enemies to certainty or bleed them to death. Skill level improves damage and bleeding chance.

Sound barrier
Attribute : active, magic, cooldown: 2 hours.
Create one meter half sphere invisible barrier around where you stand, to block any sound from coming in or out. Skill level improves range and cooldown.

Entity scan
Attribute : active, cooldown: 30 mins.
Information is the key to battlefield. Scan a 100 meter area around you to detect any entity. Entities would be marked for 1 min after activation. Skill level improves range, duration, and cooldown.

Superior disguise
Attribute : active, magic, cooldown : 5 hours.
An illusion magic to change your appearance for 30 minutes to someone you touch. Exceptionally detailed, could even fool trained eyes. Beware however, as this skill could not change your physical difference. Skill level improves duration and cooldown

Personate
Attribute : active, enhancement, cost: - MP.
Use alongside disguise skill to change your body to conform to your disguise, ensuring flawless disguise, eluding even masters of deception and magic. Capable of changing body, voice, even gender. Beware that this does not change your stats. Bigger difference costs more MP to use.

Hakuya read through all his skills, trying to comprehend what each of the skills did. He groaned looking at each of his skills. Three of them had cooldown higher than a half hour. He also noted something peculiar about his 'personate' skill. 

"One of my skills doesn't have level, why's that?" Hakuya. 

Tuye, still sitting on her chair, looked surprised.


"Oh my, what a surprise indeed!" she exclaimed. 

"That skill was called a unique skill. Unique skills were skills generated by catering to owner disposition. Most likely your figure and class you chose unlocked the requirement to obtain the said skill. "

"True to its name, it was certainly rare and only a handful of spirits possess them. While it doesn't contribute to your level, it was often powerful enough to serve as a trump move."

Mine doesn't seem that powerful though, Hakuya thought. 


"You said I unlocked the skill? Also something about not contributing to my level?" Hakuya asked again.


"Yes, you could obtain skills during your journey as spirit of the otherworld. You had a chance to acquire it during leveled up, or by doing quests, " Tuye answered.

"Your character level depends on your skill level. You obtain experience by leveling up your skills. Conversely, you can level up your skills by using them frequently. As such, it is better to use your skills as often as possible. "


"I see," Hakuya nodded. 


This game was certainly a lot different than most other rpgs. Most of the time, non-combatant classes would still need to kill enemies to level up their character. On the contrary, in WOHO non-combatant can just do whatever their job specified and would still level up. 

 

"Would you like to test your skill?" Tuye offered. She snapped her finger again, and some dummy targets and a parkour course appeared in the large hall. 

 "Please, help yourself."

Hakuya was stunned for a second, but thanked Tuye. Tuye just sipped her tea in return. 

"For passive skills, you can activate it by just thinking about it. For active skills, you would need to say it's name or bind it to a certain gesture," Tuye instructed.


Hakuya tried to focus on his stealth skill. As he walked to one of the dummy targets, he could feel the way his body moved that was actively try to make less noise. He also felt that his walk was quite faster than it was previously. 

Hakuya then tried another of his skills by saying its name, 'critical cut' on the dummy. He saw that the cut on the dummy was deeper than his slash. He then opened the menu, and bind the 'critical cut' to a flick gesture. After that he tried to experiment by scratching only the surface using a 'critical cut'. It made a 5cm deep cut on the dummy. Hakuya noted its advantage to throw off an opponent's perception.

He tried his other skills, like trying to scan Tuye from behind a wall and disguising as Tuye. Tuye was quite amused with Hakuya's disguise, and as it perfectly captured all of her details. 


"Gorgeous as ever, am I?" she giggled. Hakuya just smiled wryly and went back to the training area to test his other skills.


Spoiler

Infodump TL;DR:

-Character only have HP and MP

-Other stats determined by equipments and skills

-You need to level up your skills to level up your characters

-Unique skills don't have lvl, in exchange they're very powerful

-You can get skill for lvl up or quest

-Need to say skill name or lock it to gesture to activate active skill

[collapse]

5