Chapter 9: Important friend
89 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
  • Ai Pov 

I was walking with my friends at the mall when out of nowhere I saw Kaoru, but she wasn’t alone which I knew because she asked me for advice earlier

 

“Hey Ai can I ask you for advice”

 

Ai was remembering their phone call earlier that day

 

“Isn’t that Yuki that’s with her” 

 

“That’s my brother I could tell from a mile away”

 

“How does he know Kaoru?”

 

“I need to ask him when he gets home, I also got to let him know a few things” were all the things going threw her head

 

  • Yuki Pov

“I got home right after leaving Kaoru at the subway station”

 

“All I could think about was her beautiful outfit, also her smile when she said goodbye made my heart jump, I wish I could see that again”

 

Yuki was sitting down in the living room when his sister returned home

 

  • Ai & Yuki Pov

“Yuki, how was it?”

 

“How was what?”

 

“Your date”

 

“Oh well it went pretty well”

 

“Wait what did you say”

 

“How did your date go?”

 

“How do you know about it?”

 

“Well when I was at the mall with my friends I saw that you were entering a store with Kaoru”

 

“You also know Kaoru?”

 

“Yeah, she’s a close friend of mine”

 

“So are you two dating?”

 

“No, we aren’t it’s a bit complicated”

 

“Well, do you like her?”

 

“I can’t say, but if I had to pick between yes and no well it would be yes”

 

“Oh …”

 

“Yeah”

 

“Yuki I need to tell and ask you a few things about Kaoru”

 

“Okay”

 

“Number one, how did you two meet?”

 

“I happened to see her inside town and we just talked, since I thought she looked attractive”

 

Yuki decided to lie to his younger sister even though she is family due to him not wanting Ai to get into the mess they’re in, also he wasn’t lying about her being attractive those were his actual thoughts on her

 

“Okay”

 

“Number two how much do you know of Kaoru”

 

“Not much I just met her recently”

 

“Okay, I normally wouldn’t tell anyone this since Kaoru is my best friend but since your my brother and her future lover, I’m going to”

 

“We’re not even dating though …”

 

“I don’t care, I want her as my sister-in-law so I’m going to tell you all of this”

 

“Kaoru is alone, physically and mentally”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“She isn’t doing good mentally for a while now”

 

“Wait, why or how?”

 

“She has many problems happening in her life right now”

 

“First off her family, she says she doesn’t have any family, because her parents divorced and she didn’t fit in with any of their new families so now she just lives alone”

 

“That’s why she doesn’t trust many people because she thinks eventually their relationship will fall like her parents”

 

“I didn’t notice that”

 

“Well I don’t blame you when she’s with you she acts differently than normally”

 

“When I saw you two she was different”

 

“She had a smile on which she typically doesn’t from what I’ve heard from senpai’s that are in her classes”

 

“How does she act with you then?”

 

“She acts sorta how she did with you”

 

“The thing that surprised me the most is she was happy with you”

 

“Hey what does that mean,” said Yuki with an angry tone

 

“I don’t mean it in a mean way, I mean it as she doesn’t show that side of her to that many people and especially that fast”

 

“Is what I meant”

 

"I think I understand what you mean, when we met the first two times she was shy and a bit scared of me"

 

"She just recently opened up to me as you saw"

 

"I want to know how Kaoru was with you so"

 

“How was it when you two first met?”

 

“She was a shy girl, we met in lunch when I took the last two sandwiches, she didn’t get to buy one so I handed her one”

 

“It took a while for her to respond but eventually she gave in ever since then we’ve been best friends”

 

“When I can I try to talk to her but since she’s a year older it’s a bit harder”

 

“Is there anything else? Tell me what you know”

 

“The death of grandmother has also been affecting her”

 

“She hasn’t talked much about it to me but I can tell it affects her deeply”

 

“But one of the few things she mentioned about her grandmother was the dress she was wearing”

 

“It was a dress that her grandmother gave her as a last goodbye before she passed away”

 

“Apparently she told Kaoru that she should only wear it for special occasions”

 

“Which meant your date was considered a special occasion for her”

 

“Well, it did for me too …”

 

“Are you blushing Yuki?”

 

“No…”

 

“But thank you Ai”

 

“No problem but can you do me a favor and help Kaoru, please brother for me”

 

“Sure no problem I would’ve done it even without your request and clean your eyes, they’re getting watery”

 

“Thank you, Yuki, I’ll go leave my bags in my room and start working on dinner”

 

“Sure, I’ll help you”

 

___

 

Author’s words:

 

This chapter is the new version of the past chapter, the conversation between Ai & Yuki feels a bit unfinished for me so I might edit it overtime or I might not, still don’t know. The next chapter will focus on Kaoru & this time through her pov!

 

Thanks for reading!

4