Chapter 12: Dreams
63 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The pounding in Aynilia's head was becoming manageable again. The sharp pain in her chest where the other 'her' had struck her still stung when she breathed.
"I don't understand any of this. There is another me, but at the same time she isn't me" the girl spoke to herself in the abyss. Once again, the girl reappeared before her. Her eyes were showing a kind of indifference towards Aynilia. She felt uneasy around her for some reason that she felt deep within her core. This girl let off a strange aura that made her seem ethereal in some way.
"It is not yet time for you to understand who I am or why I am here. What I want to show you is the past." Her eyes narrowed in concentration as the dark void shifted scenes once again.
They were standing in the palace main hall side by side when the scene settled. As Aynilia looked around she noticed that the décor was different. It was older and less grand than the palace she remembered. The once gold laced pillars were of polished stone now. The floor a simple pale gray with crude silk carpets covering it. The colors were all pale, no dominant reds and golds. The girl walked forward through the corridor and approached a pair of double doors at the end of the hallway. As Aynilia approached the doors her companion pushed them open. The scene inside was horrible to bear witness to.
An elder stood Infront of the thrones, her back to them. She had a blood-soaked blade hanging loosely in her hand at her side. Her skin was dark and her hair was light with streaks of gray. Behind her lay the royal family. A regal looking trio who had been unceremoniously cut down. The look of shock on their faces was mixed with pain as their eyes became clouded.
"This whole monarchy started under the whim of one Elder" the girl spoke lowly, her tone seemed angry and hurt at the same time. The way she spoke seemed to vibrate its way through Aynilia’s bones and into the ground beneath her feet.
The woman turned to face them and had a look of disgust on her face as she glared in their direction.
"Bring him to me" her voice was deep and intimidating. A noise from behind them drew Aynilia's attention away from the Elder and to a young male with red and blue markings on his back. His arms were each held by a guard covered in red.
"Yutan. It is because of you that this is happening. Creegins are not to be trusted, they are animals" She spoke with utter disdain as she addressed Aynilia's cherished chief.
"Elder, we have done nothing wrong! The King asked for us to advise him" Yutan protested struggling against his detainers. "Creegins do not advise the King! You lie!" her voice boomed through the hall. Yutan flinched at the noise.
"You and your kind will no longer find safe refuge within the city limits. All those who live now shall be exiled and those in future generations will follow suit" Her command was the last words before Yutan was yanked out, he hung his head in defeat.
The scene went dark once more and the girl turned to meet Aynilia's pained expression. "Creegins are not a curse or a disease. Creegins are ultimate power. Raw and unmastered. Fear drove them from my city" The girl had a sad and almost heartbroken expression riddling her face.
In her eyes a rising flame of anger seemed to appear and disappear. "What am I supposed to do?" Aynilia questioned. "You have a destiny set forth but a cosmic wheel many cycles ago. You must control your power" The girl vanished after her last words were spoken.

The five of them watched her body shift and settle again. She had been unconscious for two phases so far and Cranis' mother was seeking the girl's head. A small sound came from her mouth as her eyes fluttered open slowly. Cranis took this opportunity to duck out of the room before she saw him.
"What happened?" She asked immediately spotting the unfamiliar girl in a blue dress standing beside her bed.

1