E.P. 6 Semblance Evolution/Attacked!
23 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The camera opens up to Asher and his team training again. Plus everyone else training. Asher is battling Harriet. The other are practicing drills. Harriet and Asher are fist fighting again, this time using their semblances. They are fighting at fast speeds. But Harriet is getting a lot of hits in, while Asher is barley holding up. She goes for a big punch and Asher puts his arms up and closes his eyes. He feels the punch but it was softened.

He opens his eyes to see his hands are on fire. Well more like their using his semblance but only on his hands. Flame rose petals fall to the floor from his hands. Harriet walks up to him.

Harriet:"You and your sister are full of surprises."

Asher then stops his semblance and tries on his legs and it works. He looks over to Ruby who is giving him a thumbs up. He feels a little exhausted from doing that with his semblance.

The the door opens and Ironwood walks in.

Ironwood:"Clover wasn't kidding." *Asher walks up to Ruby and Oscar.* "You're really giving this your all."

Ruby:"Well, we have to with the way things are going. "

Ironwood pulls out his scroll and a hologram pops up with the live results of the poll.

Ironwood:"They're not going well, are they?"

Asher flicks his wrist and the live poll also is present on his arm.

Yang puts her arms on Oscar and Asher shoulders.

Yang:"Better Robyn then Jacques Schnee."

Asher flicks his wrist again and the hologram turns off.

Ironwood:"Oh, I suppose so. Either way, this election doesn't bode well for our stability."

Ruby:"It could be a chance to work with Robyn and get Mantle on your side."

Asher:"It's a good Idea, Sir."

Ironwood turns off his scroll.

Ironwood:"The likelihood of that working --"

Nora:"She's right, you have to do something about Mantle, if you could get Robin to trust you."

Jaune:"I bet if you opened up to her she'd understand that you're being framed."

Simmons:"It could work."

Ironwood:*Sighs* "Perhaps, but it will only work if she's open too."

Ren:"I take it your here for new mission assignments."

Clover:"You could say that. The General and I want you to take the rest of the day to recuperate."

Blake:"You're giving us a night off?"

Ironwood:"Ordering it."

Grif:"Awesome."

Ironwood:"After tonight's election, we'll be waking up to a very different Atlas tomorrow. I need you rested and ready for whatever that may bring."

Later that evening.

Red team are in there Grif and Simmons are sitting on Asher's bed and Donut is on his bed. Asher is on the floor with the news turned on, on his arm. They are all watching it.

Newscaster:"We still have hours ahead of us, but as votes come in, it looks more and more certain that Robyn Hill will fill the open council seat."

Asher flicks his wrist and stands up.

Donut:"Seems like Robyn is going to win."

Simmons:"That is good, Right?"

Grif:"It is."

Asher:"I hope she wins, I don't want Jacques to win."

Simmons:"That would be bad."

Grif:"For all of us."

Asher then walks to the window and looks outside.

Asher:"Tonight is a night to relax. So Grif, Simmons!"

They both stand up and Salute.

Grif/Simmons:"Yes sir!"

Asher:"I need you to go and get a bunch of snakes and drinks for after the election."

They both smile and high five.

Grif/Simmons:"Yes, Sir!"

Donut:"What about me, Sir?"

Asher:"You're coming with me, tonight."

Donut Salutes.

Donut:"Yes, sir!"

A knock is hear on the door and it opens. Ruby, Ren and Nora are seen walking in.

Nora:"You guys ready!"

Asher:"More or less."

He looks to Ruby

Asher:"Where's the others?"

Ruby:"There going dancing. Weiss is going to the movies."

Asher:"Sounds fun."

Asher tosses some lien to Grif and he catches it.

Asher:"Snacks and drinks are on me tonight."

Grif and Simmons then start writing down all the stuff they want to get down. Asher and the others leave. Donut grabs his purple notebook.

As they are on their way to the election place. A truck passes them with a group cheering, they have signs that have Robyn's names on them.

Ren:"I understand Weiss' point though, a victory party does seem a bit premature."

Asher:"But I already have people getting snacks for Robyn winning."

Nora:"Yeah, let them have on sure thing."

Ruby:"Probably the last sure thing before Amity Tower goes up and everyone learns about.... what we're fighting."

Donut:"It's going to get crazy."

Ren:"We spent so much time worrying about how Ironwood will react to the truth about her, but have any of us considered how we're even going to beat her if we manage to work past that?"

Nora:"Jinn said she can't be beaten."

Ruby:"She told Oz that he couldn't destroy her."

Nora:"But maybe someone else could?"

Ruby:"I don't know."

Asher:"We will destroy her, even If I die doing it."

Ruby elbows him with an unhappy look.

Ruby:"Don't say that, please."

Asher just sighs and doesn't answer.

Then it's silent for a few moments then Ren speaks up.

Ren:"We should be training right now."

Nora:"We've trained enough! Take some time to --"

Ren:"We don't have time!"

Ruby, Donut and Asher slow down as Nora and Ren continue forward.

Later.

Everyone arrives at Robyn's election rally. Then Penny's head pop's out from the crowd.

Penny:"Ruby, Asher, Nora, Ren, Donut!"

Ruby/Asher:"Hey, Penny."

Donut waves to her.

Donut:"Hi, Penny."

Penny:"I am so glad you made it. it's just Marrow and I tonight. So more friends means more fun. Where are the others?"

Nora:"Weiss is out with the boys, Blake and Yang are off doing their own thing, again. Simmons and Grif and getting some supplies for Asher, again."

Ren:"At least Yang and Blake are back to being friends."

Nora:"Friends, huh? Just friends?"

Ruby, Asher and Donut move away from them.

Ren:"What else would they be?"

Nora:"Two people who've gone through that much, I think there's more going on."

Ren:"Well maybe one of them feels that way but the other might be worried."

Ruby, Donut and Asher are now standing next to Penny.

Nora:"About what?"

Ren:"It's just, there's a lot of things going on right now."

Nora:"Well, how can they figure things out if they don't talk about it?"

Penny talks to the other three.

Penny:"I believe I may be confused. Who are we talking about again?"

Ruby:"I'm not really sure."

Donut:"I think they're talking about themselves? And Blake and Yang?"

The Penny's radio goes off. Penny goes off and Ruby and Asher grab her arms.

Ruby/Asher:"Please don't leave us!"

The two follow her as Donut stays near Ren and Nora. They walk up to Marrow.

Marrow:"Oh hey, what -- what're you two doing here?"

Ruby/Asher:"Just hangin' out with a friend while she's on the job."

Ruby and Asher put their fists out to Penny for fist pumps. Penny gives them a fist bump, a little to hard. They both grab their right hands on pain.

Marrow:"Yeah, real cute. Look, try not to be too much of a distraction. We need to be vigilant in case --"

Then May comes over.

May:"In case what?"

Marrow:"In case someone tries to start trouble."

May:"Oh, funny, that's why we're here." *She then slams her weapon on the ground.* "Se feel free to take a hike."

Marrow:"Listen, the General's trying to help, all right? Just 'cause you can't understand --"

The Robyn comes over.

Robyn:"What's going on here, Wags?"

She then looks to the other four.

Robyn:"Oh, and the pipsqueak and One eye, or should I say Colonel, are back."

Asher eye widens in slight alarm. Ruby just grunts.

Marrow:*Scoffs.* "We're concerned about security risks, ma'am. The General doesn't want any surprises tonight."

Robyn walks over to Marrow.

Robyn:"Fine, but stay out of the way."

She then walks to the stairs of the stage.

Robyn:"If I get elected tonight, we'll all have to learn how to get along."

May just grunts.

Marrow:"Sure, we won't have any problems, as long as you stay within the law."

Asher goes and stands next to Marrow.

Asher:"Marrow, I think they get it."

Robyn:"Thank you." *She turns back to Marrow.* "The law isn't perfect, you know. It's certainly not equal."

Marrow:"Trust me, I'm well aware."

Robyn:"My only goal is that all the citizens of Mantle and Atlas -- and Faunus -- have an equal shot at a good life."

Marrow:"That sounds great. And you're planning to do all that equalizing legally, right?"

Robyn:"Everything I've done is legal."

Marrow:"Of course, 100%"

Asher elbows Marrow's side.

The a microphone banging is heard and then it makes a loud feedback sound. Asher rubs his ears from the sound.

Fiona:*Microphone.*"Ha-ha, well, that worked."

Marrow grunts and walks away.

Asher:"Good luck Miss Hill."

Robyn:"That you, colonel."

Asher:"Just call me, Asher."

Robyn:"Then call me Robyn."

Marrow:"Asher, go."

Asher:"I guess I have to go." *He turns around and leave.* "Good luck!" *He waves.*

Asher follows Ruby as they walk back to the crowd. They see Nora and Ren still arguing.

Ruby:"I should've just gone to the movies."

Asher:"Maybe, but this is more important than that."

Ruby:"I guess."

Fiona:*Microphone.* "I want to thank everyone for going to the polls today. This is Mantle's moment."

The crowd cheers.

Fiona:*Crowd.* "I know that, like me, you're all thrilled that we chose Robyn as our voice in Atlas. No one has fought harder for Mantle than she has. And... I know Robyn will continue that fight on the Council." *She giggles.* "Will you share a few words?"

The crowd is chanting her name and she walks over to Fiona and grabs the microphone. Ruby walks to the front of the crowd and Asher goes to the side near the wall.

Robyn:"I've never been much for public speaking, probably wasn't my best idea ever to go into politics."

The crowd laughs. Asher just looks on with a stoic face.

Robyn:"Thank you so much, everyone, for choosing me. You said you believe in me. But I'm the one who believes in all of you." *The crowd claps.* "You've proven to me that as individuals, we are strong. But together, we're unstoppable."

The crowd cheers again.

Robyn:"So no matter what happens tonight, win or lose, we will continue to fight for our city, because it is this city that brings us together."

The crowd cheers again and Asher smiles. Robyn walks off the stage.

Newscaster:"We're in the final minutes now and it's looking to be a closer race than anticipated."

Asher flicks his wrist and he watches the griff ball game. The camera pans over to Donut who is watching Nora and Ren kiss. He looks at his notebook then looks up. Dreams do come true. Then it pans back to Asher. His scroll goes off and he answers it with his arm. It's simmons.

Asher:"Simmons? What is it."

Simmons:*Scroll* "Sir...We.....he's....."

Asher:"Simmons?"

Simmons:"It's....Danger." *He loses connection.*

Asher:"What the hell?"

Robyn:"The polls are about close. 12, 11--" *Ruby is seen smiling at Penny."

Crow:"10, nine, eight," *Asher is looking at the hologram on his arm.* "Seven, six, five, four, three --"

Then Asher hears Ruby yell.

Ruby:"Watch out."

The lights turn off and Asher feels something it him hard and he is sent sliding a little ways away. He looks up to see tyrian staring at him with his weapons out. Asher looks to his aura levels and their kind of low. For some reason it say's Simmons and Grif aura's are low too. Tyrian charges Asher and Asher uses his semblance on his arm to block it. He feels his aura flicker. Then Tyrian smiles and chuckles at Asher. Asher then sees Tyrian's tail swing down on Asher. He tried to dodge but the stinger sinks into his thigh, deep. Tyrian throws Asher to the other side of the room.

Asher's aura breaks and he falls to the floor. He tries to get up but he's in too much pain. Donut runs up to Asher and checks on him. People screaming can be heard.

Donut:"Sarge? Hey sarge!" *Asher is in too much pain.*

Donut calls Simmons. Simmons picks up.

Donut:*Scared.* "Simmons, we need help! Sarge is hurt and-"

Simmons:*Scroll.* "Donut, they're here!"

Donut:"Who is?"

Simmons:*Scroll.* "Salem's people." *Donuts eyes widen.* "We were attacked by the Meta, but he suddenly just ran off."

Donut:"Oh, oum. Okay but we need you at Robyn's election rally, now!"

Simmons:*Scroll.* "We're on our way!" *The call ends.*

Donut looks to Asher. His legs is bleeding heavily and their is some purple coming out too. Asher looks pale. Donut puts his hands on the wound.

Donut:*Crying.* "You're gonna be okay, Sarge, just hang on, Please."

The lights turn on and the newscaster is head.

Newscaster:"And the winner of the Atlas Council election is...Jacques Schnee!"

Asher then passes out. Donut shakes Asher.

Donut:"Sarge, hey, Sarge, wake up."

Marrow runs up to Asher and checks his pulse.

Marrow:"He's alive, but hurt."

Marrow picks him up and they run outside. Marrow calls someone on his scroll. Donut looks at his bloody hands and they start to shake.

Marrow:"We have injured."

Everyone is now out in an alleyway. Marrow leans Asher up against a wall. Donut is crouching next to Asher putting his hands on Asher's wound. He's packing and shaking.

Marrow turns to Penny.

Marrow:"Penny, you need to get to Atlas. Backup's on the way." *Penny doesn't move.* "Penny?"

Penny flies up. Alarms start to go off.

Ruby:"Grimm."

Marrow:"We've got a long night ahead."

Simmons and Grif run into the alleyway. They see Asher and Donut.

Simmons/Grif:"Sagre!"

They run up to the two.

Marrow:"Grab him, we need to move!"

Simmons:"What about help?"

Marrow sighs.

Marrow:"We are the help now."

Grimm fly above them.

Ruby:"Come one guys. The faster we move the fast, Asher will get help."

Grif nods.

Grif:"okay, okay."

Red team picks their leader up and they follow the others.

The camera pans to a view of Mantle and it being attacked by Grim. The the camera turns black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10-14-2021

2250 words.

2