0.4 The Exposé on Isekai Inc.
34 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stood as the elevator slowly rose to the 97th floor of the Crimson Tower in Dubai, recalling the events earlier in the week in Shanghai. The final product was done. I looked down at the briefcase that was chained around my arm and felt a small cylindrical object that I had hidden in my pocket. I was asked to deliver the product to the boss for him to deliver to the client. This would also give me a chance to dig into the real secrets behind Isekai Inc.

Darush Rohani had a Persian background who fled the country during the Islamic Revolution and my research indicated that his family has run Crimson Moon or its predecessors since the 13th century. Even I could not believe the company had such a long background. While photographs of the family members was rare throughout the ages, I noticed that the CEOs of the conglomerate shared very distinct features. As the elevator door opened and the secretary gestured me into his office, I looked him over and felt that he looked very similar to his father, his grandfather and his great-grandfather. Eerily similar, enough to draw a few shocking conclusions.

While my mind ran through the possibilities, he greeted me, ‘Oh, I have heard many things about you, Miss Moonlight, please, take a seat’

I sat, putting my thought process on hold and responded to his greeting, ‘Thank you CEO Rohani for your greeting. I have brought the finished product from Director Hua,’ I placed the briefcase on the table and unlocked the cuff around my wrist with a key I had well hidden. I took this opportunity to gaze around the room. Wooden panels and mahogany furniture covered the office, giving it a distinct nineteenth century feel. The walls were adorned by landscape paintings with one exception; a painting of a woman. She was not stunning, but her eyes seemed to be as deep as the ocean. The picture itself seemed very old, with a name inscribed in the old Arabic script beneath it. I took these symbols into my mind with the view to translate it when I had the time. I turned my attention back to the boss, ‘It’s a beautiful office you have here.’

‘Thank you. You have been a real aid in the development of the final product. Director Hua said that he doubted that he would have been done in time if it weren’t for your assistance.’ he smiled as his secretary brought in some fresh tea, ‘we even finished it with several months to spare before the loophole closes, this is excellent and we will receive a bonus from our client because of it.’ He unlocked the briefcase with the pass-code and examined the single object within. It was a long, cylindrical object, a trigger at the top. It was amazing that such a small item could be the accumulation of decades of work. While I outwardly kept my cool, my mind worried that he would notice something. Fortunately he nodded before closing the case, sealing it back up.

‘I do my best to achieve the goals of the company’ I replied mechanically, my hand slipping under the desk and placing an almost invisible bug. It was microscopic and was swiped from Director Hua’s lab. It not only took notes of conversations, but also hacked into the local network to download vital data. It was a real risk doing this in front of the boss, however to confirm my suspicions, it needed to be done. I was, after all at the point of no return.

‘There is another reason why I called you here,’ a shiver ran down my spine as he continued, ‘I need someone I trust to deliver the product to the client. You have proven your loyalty to the company over the past five years with blood, and I feel you are the best to deliver the product.’

Feeling relieved that my cover wasn’t blown, I asked, ‘Why doesn’t CEO Rohani do it?’

He sighed, gazing at the picture of the woman for a moment, just a moment, but I still caught it, ‘The transfer must take place in a certain location, and that is a place I cannot easily visit myself. This is why I need someone trustworthy to deliver the product for me. The location is Long Island, New York,’ he passed over a card, ‘this is the coordinates of the transfer location, and the local time of the transfer. You cannot be late and you must transfer the finished device on time’

I didn’t dare question why he couldn’t go to the United States, but I had some suspicions. Crimson Moon was a large conglomerate and had many diverse business dealings, even within Iran itself. I looked at the coordinates and felt they were devised by the fate engine. Just remembering that dreadful machine and what was trapped inside it made me shiver in terror, despite being an assassin for three years, I had never seen anything as cruel as that. I had hoped to destroy that infernal machine and put that woman out of her misery, however I was summoned here before I had a chance to sabotage it. I decided that once this delivery was done, I would vanish and write up my experiences for publication. The horrors that I’ve seen would send shivers down anyone's spine.

After a bit of small-talk, I was escorted out of the building and provided with a passport, a suitcase and an airline ticket.

Three days later, on Long Island, New York I waited in a corn field. I had opened up the suitcase and set up the piece of technomancy I was given, an array to facilitate the transfer of physical objects through dimensions. Like Director Hua said, I had no idea how this worked, though I had my suspicions that all this technomancy was developed by the boss himself. Technomancy was a kind of law, a way to subvert reality. It was a type of magic, and only the Technomancer; the CEO of the Crimson Moon Conglomerate; could use it. This is what I had learned on my flight to the United States from hacking into CEO Rohani’s private diaries. As I placed the prototype of the product in the centre of the array, my hand touched the finished product, which I had been keeping in my pocket since I left Shanghai a week ago. The client would get his product; but it would be a prototype, and his evil plans would be thwarted; whatever it was. And when the fifth part of this expose is published, the Technomancer will be unmasked as the villain he is and the world will stop his evil schemes.

2