2. Verdwijnen II
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I just kept forcing him to tell the story, after all, sorts of seductions, and quite a tiring effort. Finally, Frans wanted to tell what he had experienced. I was surprised to hear the story. He was fighting alone against the terrorist gang on the ship. With effort, I thought it would be impossible for me to do that myself. He managed to save the president from the danger that lurked. Only one ringing in my head, why did I just find out about big news like this. Moreover, this concerns the life of the president.

"Why didn't the president summon you to the palace?" I sat on the single sofa in front of Frans and was separated by a small table.

“To eat together? I'm not that poor."

“Giving you an award, you moron. Gold, badges, money or title."

Frans groaned. "I don't need such a thing."

"Why isn't the breakingnews? Is it only in the newspapers? One more thing, why is the president on a ship, why not just use a plane, it's weird."

“I asked the president not to overreact to journalists, let alone television reporters. He likes it, besides wanting to ride a camel is also okay."

I pursed my lips. "It's you."

Frans only lives with his younger sister. His parents are from Yogyakarta, but his father passed away a year ago. And the mother is still healthy and in Yogyakarta. Frans decided to go to Jakarta because Frida was accepted at the Jakarta State University. To take care of his younger sister's needs, Frans bought a house that was not too big but had two floors. In the past, his father was a successful land broker. Many lands are owned in Yogyakarta.

While seriously discussing the kidnapping that happened to Frans. Suddenly there was a knock on the bedroom door, I got up from the sofa and opened the door. Frida came with a mother who was wearing slightly shabby clothes. Big cities like Jakarta are not all rich people, I welcome them in. The mother sat on the sofa opposite Frans. Then Frida left the room, apparently headed for the kitchen to make a drink.

I observed the guest who had just arrived, could it be that she had such a complicated problem. Her knees touched each other, her left hand brushed the ring on the ring finger of her right hand. Her face was confused and she looked very tired. Frans instead lay down on the long sofa. You stupid ape, I thought he would receive his guests well.

"Be polite," I leaned closer to Frans then smacked his head.

"Ouch! You're noisy, Helena!”

"I'm sorry Frans' behavior, he likes to go around," I said, putting on an embarrassed face.

"No problem, Miss," answered our guest in a soft voice.

Frans put his index finger into his nostril. He picked his nose again with a facial expression similar to that of a stupid monkey being full. I tugged at his collar to make him wake up from sleeping on the couch. Finally, he sat staring at the guest, I positioned myself beside Frans.

"Looks like you're missing something, don't you think?" said Frans as he adjusted his collar.

"Yes, Sir. You are right. H...how did you know?”

"From the look in the eye. You seem agitated and reluctant to make eye contact with me. Even if you stare, but only for a moment.”

"Excuse me, Sir. It's not that I don't respect you. I… I was nervous.” The woman looked giddy, her voice shaking.

"Relax! What are you missing?”

“My son disappeared from home, since two months ago, I couldn't find him. The police also cannot give me certainty about the whereabouts of my child.”

Frans became interested in the conversation, he leaned slightly. "Why not wait a little longer until they find a clue about your son?"

"I think it's been too long, that's why I decided to see you."

"Just keep the ring, I won't charge you."

"Huh!?" the female guest glared and mouth gaped, "Ah, right!" she pursed her lips and tried to catch her breath. Again she said, “You are great! Again you can tell if I intend to use this ring to pay you?”

Frans laughed for a moment. "Don't worry, I've been watching your behavior since entering this room."

"That's great, Sir. I hope you can help me to find my son.”

“Hmm… two months ago, right around the time of my kidnapping.” Frans stroked his chin, “What is your son's name? Can you explain the characteristics?”

“His name is Eno, he is still in the fourth grade of elementary school. A skinny body with a cheerful disposition even though he sometimes looks gloomy, has a snub nose, he has curly hair. He has tan skin like mine. He was born with a disability, a crippled left leg. He was often humiliated and bullied by his peers.”

"Where do you live?"

“We live on Bungur street, Bungur Village, Senen District, Jakarta Pusat. The village is fairly slum even though it is in the city center like this. I live with my husband and children. My husband is often sickly for the last two years, I do more work. To make a living, I have to do laundry. There are too many debts to neighbors."

Frans nodded listening to the story that was being conveyed by the guest. I also watched carefully. Cases of child loss often occur in big cities. I understand this mother's feelings. Her son is missing, it's no wonder he came to visit Frans this morning. I didn't lock the door, Frida came with a tray containing three glasses of drinking water. She set it down on the small table in front of the sofa and left us. The atmosphere was serious again, the guest resumed his story.

"Forgive me for not introducing myself." She looked embarrassed and her face was red like a pomegranate. The woman rubbed her forehead and caught her breath again. "What a very rude thing, a guest has told a long story without introducing myself," she added.

“Relax. Think of it as not your own home," said Frans with a stupid face.

I looked at Frans cynically for a moment. "Don't worry, ma'am. Frans is also rude. Look, casually answered," I said.

"This is not her house. That's right?" Frans put on an annoying face by raising his right eyebrow at the guest.

"Up to you!" I said.

"You guys are very familiar," said our guest. "Okay, my name is Hartanti, I'm originally from Tegal. We migrated to Jakarta in 2006. My husband used to work in a fairly large company. However, his body was stricken with disease, he was no longer able to make a living with his old body condition. That was the beginning of the hard life we lived. The money for treatment has run out, now he can only lie in bed. The need is increasing and the prices of basic foodstuffs are increasing. Not to mention paying for our son's school fees—now he's disappeared without a trace as he'd just like been swept away by the wind.”

"What is the chronology of your child's disappearance?" Frans put on a relaxed face but looked serious.

“That morning I was in the kitchen, as usual, preparing breakfast. After that, I felt nauseous. Unable to hold it in, I ran to the bathroom. I threw up and after returning to the kitchen, Eno still didn't come out of the room. Even though it was very late, he would be late for school. I decided to take a look at the room, but something unexpected happened to me. My son's room is empty and messy. Even though the day before I had tidied up his room."

"Okay, I understand your problem. It looks like your health is also starting to decline. It's better if you go to the doctor if you don't have the money for treatment I will give you some money. It's just for road and control fees." Frans reached into his pocket to pull out a reddish-brown leather wallet.

Hartanti looked surprised. "No, Sir. Thank you very much for the offer. I have been very fortunate to have met you, good news—you are quite an experienced person in solving these kinds of problems—I have often heard your name spoken about by my neighbors.”

"I insist. Please accept."

One of the things I like about Frans is his kind heart, when he intends to help someone, he will force the person even if they are rejected. Not only that, he knew what he was doing. Behind it all, he saw there was something that could help him to solve something. After arguing a lot with the guest, the guest finally accepted the money Frans gave.

"Okay. After this, you go to the doctor first. Later in the afternoon, at 3.30 I will come to your house."

"Yes, Sir. Once again, thank you so much. Look, the condition of my child's room is still the same as when I first entered. There is no item that I have changed its position. Please come this afternoon, I will be waiting for your arrival.”

Hartanti said goodbye to Frans' house. Frans then went to the bathroom. I'm still paying attention to the guest who just left. She walked towards the highway waiting for public transportation. It seemed that she had followed Frans' advice, to have her health checked. The woman looked around, she stood long enough to wait for the public transport, I took a medium-sized wooden chair, then for about two minutes, I continued to stare at the guest. But when I focused on looking at Hartanti from the window of Frans' room, a jeep stopped in front of her. Two people wearing black hats and masks got out of the car and approached Mrs. Hartanti. The two men smothered her from behind and then put Hartanti into the car.

She was kidnapped! What does this mean? Who are they? Is this a complicated case? I don't know why Eno is missing, is it kidnapping or the child ran away from home? Hopefully, the boy doesn't have any bad luck, I don't know if he might be kidnapped by kidnappers who like to take human innards to sell on the black market. Ah, I don't want to think negatively, I'd better investigate with Frans first. However, there is something more important, why did they also bring Eno's mother? []

0