CH 14: Fena
574 6 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RECAP:

Ren Itsuki, formerly known as Rui Haruto, is a Reincarnated individual. He enjoys his new life pretty normally until a pillar of light descends from above, on him. That luminous pillar also descended on Rina Akane, a classmate of Ren in this new world.  They are taken to the goddess for that reason, there he sees his past life classmates, summoned as Heroes in this new world to save the world from a Devil Lord. While his old classmates are called heroes, he is labelled a Reincarnated Imposter, a servant of the Devil, a traitor of Humanity and a Sinner. And along with Rina Akane, he is thrown into the dungeon where his master(Devils) is supposed to be resting in a dormant state. They are attacked not that long after they got thrown here by an Arachne. But Ren's skill kills the Arachne in one shot.


Fena:

[                             ]

     NAME: Ren Itsuki           

     AGE: 17

     SEX: Male

     RACE: HIGH HUMAN

     ORIGIN: EARTH-818

     TITLE:

     The Not Summoned One  

                                  

      LEVEL: 835

    PHYSICAL STATS :

     HP: 5010/5010

     MP: 8350/8350

    STR: 0

     DEX: 1670

     DEF:0

     AGI: 1670

     INT: 4175

     LUCK: not defined

     ABNORMAL STATE: none

                                

     SKILLS:

Disintegration lvl 4 [ ⇓ ]

      < Number of shots: 81/81 >

   2. Summoning lvl 1 * [ ⇓ ]

                                     

    BLESSINGS:

    Linguistics [ ⇓ ]

[                                     ]

' good!'

This is the minimized version of my Status screen. I click on the drop-down button beside the Skill Summoning.

[                                            ]

           NAME: Ren Itsuki                       

           AGE: 17

           SEX: Male

           RACE: HIGH HUMAN

          ORIGIN: EARTH-818

          TITLE: 

          The Not Summoned One 

                                                              

           LEVEL: 835

         PHYSICAL STATS :

           HP: 5010/5010

           MP: 8350/8350

         STR: 0

           DEX: 1670

           DEF: 0

           AGI: 1670

           INT: 4175

           LUCK: not defined

           ABNORMAL STATE: none

                                                                  

          SKILLS:

  1. Disintegration lvl 4 [ ⇓ ]

            < Number of shots: 81/81 >

       2. Summoning lvl 1 

  <                                                     >

  • A unique skill, that lets the user summon a beast. The beast summoned by the user can either belong to the past world or the present world of the user, based on the subconscious of the user. 

            Note, the beast needs to exist in reality in either of the worlds.

            Note, you need to prepare a summoning circle to summon the required beast.

  • MP cost: 100           
  • Summoned beast contract limit: 3
  • Summon Contracts left: 3

<                                                         >      

                                                                                                                                

        BLESSINGS:

        Linguistics [ ⇓ ]

 [                                         ]

'Hmm, I have a contract limit of 3 but Bruce-san hadn't had any limit, maybe it will increase after its level is increased, just as Disintegration did.'

'So, I need to prepare a magic circle to summon them, huh. But I don't know how to make one!'

I shuffled through the book - "Bruselina" 's Pages to see if he has written the process of making one or not.

'Oh! he did write about it. Thanks, Senpai!'

So, to summon a beast and to make it yours, there are a few steps involved, those are:

  1. Prepare a Summoning circle by mana powdered chalk for the beast you want to summon.
  2. If you are summoning the beast for the first time, you need to make it submissive to you.
  3. After making it submissive, you need to perform a contract ritual.
  4. Make a Contract circle, and form a pact or contract.
  5. You have successfully summoned and tamed a beast.

This Summoning ability is the reason they were alive for so long. 

To keep themselves from starving, Bruce used to summon an 'edible' beast and kill it to eat. They didn't eat it raw, but they cooked the meat using one of Selina's inventions, a stove that didn't produce smoke when lit.

'She must have invented the stove for Bruce.'

The taste of salt was obtained by sprinkling Red mana stones, which can be found embedded on the walls of this dungeon. Also, the mana powdered chalk can be made by those stones, white mana stones are used to make a mana powdered chalk. They also had a tool to grind the embedded mana stone into a fine powder, using which we can make our makeshift salt and mana powdered chalks. Bruce has also written about the nutrition values of the beasts, which means we don't have to worry about a balanced meal.

*Growwwllll*

Akane-san's stomach growls for food, a chuckle escaped my mouth seeing her blush to hide her embarrassment.

"Just wait a little bit Akane-san, there is one more thing that we need to do right now."

"It's fine, it's fine, wake her up and form a contract with her, be quick, she must've been sleeping for who knows how many years."

"yeah,"

I unlocked the second casket. And in that, I found a tiny grey-coloured puppy and in her grasp a, small faintly glowing chalk.

She isn't a puppy exactly, but she is Bruce's first and strongest summon, a Fenrir.

She is hibernating in this special casket made just for her by Selina, for hibernation only. 

She can change her size at will, that's how she fits in this small casket. She is still sleeping. 

Bruce left her here because she liked living in this world, and he also was aware that the next wielder of Orb's skill might need her strength to survive in this dungeon. 

He put her in the casket after telling and apologizing for everything. She simply nodded with tears in her eyes, when she understood what he meant. 

Bruce had invented a sign language to communicate with the summons. The beasts summoned using this skill, have more than normal intelligence for some reason. To the point that they slowly learn to understand their master's tongue.  

I gently took her out of the casket and handed her to Akane.

Akane laid her on her lap. The tiny Fenrir was named Fena by Bruce. 

It looks like Fena is waking up. 

She is snuggling in Akane's lap. 

'Oh! she yawned... cute!'

Fena slowly blinks her eyes. Maybe still in her drowsiness, she snuggles a little more on Akane's lap.

It appears that she noticed that the lap wasn't the familiar one as she looked up and quickly moved away more from Akane's lap. She is staring at Akane, a little warily maybe.

Akane moves her palm towards the small Fenrir, the tiny Fenrir cautiously approaches Akane and puts her paw on Akane's palm. 

'Now we're friends?'

I quickly shuffle through the book to look at the page where the sign language to communicate with Fena was written.

'found it.'

I shake my hands to get the Tiny Fenrir's attention, but both Akane and Fena looked at me.

I sat down and put the book in front of me, and made various signs using my hands. 

It looks like she can already understand my words.

Fena responded by nodding and using her expressions as I told her about her previous master's demise and about us, about how we ended up here.

She growled in rage as soon as I mentioned the Bitches name, Goddess helastia, to her.

After I told her everything about us, she came to me and rubbed her forehead on my lap. 

'Does she wants to console me?'

I chuckled and lifted her with both my arms.

"You liked living in this world with your previous master, didn't you? We will escape this shitty dungeon and make you see the light of the world you love so much. Will you help us get out of this dungeon, Fena-san?"

Fena nodded with determination in her green eyes. 

After I put her down she stepped back and concentrated, a swirling green aura enveloped her, and she grew into her large adult form. She is even bigger than me.  

The Cute Little Fena turned into a Majestic and Intimidating Fenrir.

Fena howled as if declaring her arrival back to the world.

A tall grey Fenris howling with all its glory, its grey fur radiating with a green aura in the dim bluish light of this dungeon, such surreal sight gave me goosebumps.

The Fenrir glanced at the enormous door and then walked to her dead masters and bowed to them.

She went in front of the giant door and stared at it for a bit.

The monster inside that door was too powerful for Bruce and his summons. Even the gate closes once you enter it. Inside the room, all his summons were devoured. Seeing no way to win, he used the "explosives", to blow up the gate and escape with Fena and Selina.  

At that time, Fena had to sacrifice her summoned friends to save her masters.

'She has her regrets, huh.'

I noticed it earlier too, this Dungeon, namely, The Tomb of Ikaris, has some kind of healing phenomenon that fixes broken structures automatically. The gata restored itself soon after it was destroyed. It isn't that the blown-up debris, magically sewn itself together, no, instead, a new door gradually grew up. I used the word 'healing' because Selina believed that the dungeon - is alive. 

After resolving herself, Fena walked to me and bowed her head, I patted her and asked permission to form a pact. 

She nodded.

I took out the chalk, which I found from her casket and drew the Contract Circle on the floor.

Fena stood on the circle. 

The circle glowed bright violet then turned grey, along with Fena. 

A glowing grey insignia with a wolf type pattern at its centre appeared at the back of my hand. The insignia faded and then disappeared as soon as the Contract circle's glow faded. 

'seems like the contract ritual is complete! '

 

Fena bounced around a bit and then went back to snuggle to Akane, who then patted her forehead.

Both of them have a new light on their faces. 

They look a bit... happy?

"Itsuki-kun, let's feed her something, she must be hungry."

"Yes, please do so," I said with a smile. But this smile isn't a forceful one that I plaster on my face to put up a brave front, but a genuine smile.

Akane takes out the bento and offers the sandwich to Fena, but Fena shakes her head in refusal.

 

"Aww, do you not like it, Fena-san?" Akane asked in a caring voice.

Fena shakes her head again and pushes the sandwich back to Akane.

"Huh? do you want me to eat it?"

Fena nods, and Akane hugs with tears in her eye.

Sigh.

'Girls...'

I open the book to summon a dish for Fena. It seems that a deer is consumable for her. I draw the Summoning circle and pour some mana on it, and a deer pops out from it. It looks like the deer is aware that I summoned it here. It glares at me in defiance, but as soon as its gaze falls on Fena, it starts to shiver in fear.

The deer looks the same as found in my previous world, the deers in this world are carnivores and have larger and more deadly looking horns.

Fena glances at the deer and then looks at me. 

She then flaps her ears up and down in a sequential way. I shuffle through the book to find out what she meant. 

Hmm, she is asking if that deer is her meal or not. 

I smile and nod in affirmation. 

Fena flaps her ears and then takes the deer outside this area. 

I quickly searched in the book to know what she said.

"Hmm... 'I' - 'Eat' - 'Far' - 'Stench' - 'won't' - 'bother' - 'You', she is quite intelligent and well-mannered don't you think so too, Akane-san."

"I know, right!! She's so adorable! Do you know I recently adopted a stray dog and her puppies on the way back to school, she looks just like her! I wis-----------------nothing."

'Oh!! so, she is the one that adopted the dog and the pups near the school, huh..."

"Thank you, Akane-san."

  

"huh? what for?"

With a soft smile, I replied.

"Nothing." 

*groowwwlll*

Sigh, this time it was me.

I have changed one thing in the novel, instead of  Protagonist getting summoned along with his classmates, I reincarnated him in the new world. Just changing this part, impacted the novel a lot, in a good way of course. The plot is still moving in the same direction, so, no need to re read or something.

Thanks for reading!

Favourite if you liked it!!

Announcement
23