Ch 25: What to…
378 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had exams that's why I couldn't update last week. Here new chapter!!!

What to...

We separated after a few moments. The kiss wasn't anything too extreme, just a smooch. I accidentally bit her lips! Maybe, it was a bit extreme.

My heart still hadn't calmed down, instead, it was racing even faster than before, I was sure that Rina could hear it. However, Rina's condition wasn't any better either, her cheeks were as red as a tomato, and literal steam was coming off her head. Her eyes were in a daze as she stood there with a goofy smile on her face.

I chuckled. 'What is this cute love-struck thing.' 

Somehow, it contrasted as well as overlapped with the image I had of her.

"Earth to Rinaaaa...." I snapped my fingers a couple of times in front of her face. She flinched. 

"Wh- wha- what d-did you d-d-do?" She stammered as she felt her moist lips, the smile was still plastered on her face.

"I think, I claimed you for myself..." I scratched my chin and smiled. Saying the line, I cringed internally. 

Her eyes widened like a saucer, and she squealed in joy and then hugged me, tightly. She was restraining herself, I knew. If she were to use her full strength, I was sure a couple of bones would've broken already. That's the consequence of the zero DEF stat that I had. I also hugged her back. 

She let go of me after a few moments when her excitement calmed down. 

"You can't go back on your words now," She winked as she touched her lips, moist because of me.

"Yeah, of course." I smiled. It's true that I don't feel much for her, not currently. I don't know if I'll fall in love with her or not, but this girl has the strength needed to escape this place. I need her strength, I need her to use that strength for me. 

"So then, care to fill me in on what happened after I passed out?" I turned around as I saw the Apostle's statue but couldn't see Bron's.

She cleared her throat and put on her serious face, calming her excitement down. Clearly, she forgot about the place we were in currently. "Ahem, after you passed out, I broke Bron's statue, effectively killing her, then I placed the remains before the first boundary. I did it to warn other people like us who get thrown into this dungeon and might reach that place to challenge the boss monster. After that, I waited till the Boss monster completely disappeared and then, took all of us out of the room."

"Hm, how much time was I out for?" I asked.

"Five hours," Rina replied, and then she motioned her hands, the female Apostle's statue flew towards us and floated at its place.

"What do we do with this?" She asked. 

"Let's take the armor and the sword and leave the body here, what else can we do?" I crossed my arms.

She nodded and began to do what I told but not before she made me turn around. 

"As if a statue would arouse me!" I scoffed.

Soon I heard the sound of metals getting put on the ground.

*CRACK*

'Huh?' This sound seemed different as if a rock shattered. Don't tell me that she...

*TING* 

Not even a moment later, a ting rang inside my head. It was the level-up sound.  

"What happened, Rina, don't tell me you broke the statue?" I asked, without looking at her, still facing the other way. It wasn't that I was afraid of her, it was just that, I didn't want to trigger her for no reason. I have yet to determine her tolerance level. According to what she told me, she never breaks her character. That's why, while she was the 'cheerful Rina' I talked to her however I liked, but now that she doesn't have to put up any fake personas... I assume she would do what she would originally do. That is, what Yandere's do. 

'But Yanderes are simple creatures, give them affection, and they're happy. And a happy Yandere means a happy life!' 

"Uh, it seems I did. It's only a bit!" She replied, with slight guilt under her voice. The lie was apparent. I sighed. 

"Mind if I take a look?" I asked, knowing she wouldn't.

I turned around and deadpanned. The statue had countless cracks and crevices, there was no way it was holding on to itself. Rina was obviously keeping it together with her psychokinesis.

'So, we really killed an Apostle, huh.' 

I opened the Party menu. 

 

PARTY: ]

♦ A system that enables the user to share the experience gained from killing a non-human target among themselves. To add another system user to your party, users have to say the word "Party" simultaneously. A permission screen will be displayed when said so, when displayed, click on the required option.

 Current members added in Party:

  1. RINA AKANE: (remove)

     LVL 2886

     HP: 20202/20202

     MP: 144300/144300

   

[Mighty divine warriors descended from the heavens to aid the goddesses in their campaign of guiding this world towards prosperity and protecting it from the Devils.]

Well, something along those lines is what's written in most books I've come across to gain knowledge about the world, the goddesses, and other similar beings. In other words, they are not humans. Of course, we gained levels.

'Huh? That's Rina's level! What the hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

"The Boss gave a level increment of three hundred, and killing her gave about fifteen hundred level increment," Rina said, as she checked her status screen, surprisedly.

I called out my status screen as well.

 

 NAME: Ren Itsuki            

 AGE: 17

 SEX: Male

 RACE: HIGH HUMAN

 ORIGIN: EARTH-818

  TITLE: 

 The Not Summoned One

LEVEL: 2889

 PHYSICAL STATS :

    HP: 17334/17334

    MP: 28890/28890

    STR: 0

    DEX: 5778

    DEF: 0

    AGI: 5778

    INT: 14445

    LUCK: not defined

    ABNORMAL STATE: none

Skills 

 

 1. Disintegration lvl 6

 ♦ A unique skill, that disintegrates living targets into non-existence. To invoke this skill, you need to verbally call out the skill's activation phrase - "DISINTEGRATE", while aiming at the target that you need disintegrated with the hand. The point at which the skill is connected becomes the disintegration center. And the target undergoes disintegration with the disintegration point being the disintegration center. Note, the target does not die immediately once the skill connects, but when, it is completely disintegrated. Note, there cannot be more than one disintegration center in a single target.

♦ Current disintegration rate: 360cm³/s.

♦ Current range: 2500 cm 

♦ Number of shots: 729/729

♦ MP cost: 3

♦ Cooldown period: 3.12 hours

♦AIM ASSIST: Helps in aiming. To activate, point your palm towards the target and will it to activate. Additional MP Cost: 110

 2. Summoning lvl 3

 

♦A unique skill, that lets the user summon a beast. The beast summoned by the user can either belong to the past world or the present world of the user, based on the subconscious of the user. 

Note, the beast needs to exist in reality in either of the worlds.

Note, you need to prepare a summoning circle to summon the required beast.

♦MP cost: 100    

♦Summoned beast contract limit: 5

♦Summon Contracts left: 2

 

BLESSINGS:

     Linguistics [ ⇓ ]

 

I sighed. I know my skill(Disintegration) doesn't actually need any upgrades, it's overpowered already. But still, I was utterly disappointed by the number of skill level-ups I gained, I mean, I fucking crossed more than Seventeen hundred levels and still got only one level up on each skill! I mean, I know we have a slow growth rate, but still... 

Well, from the pattern it is clear that the next my skills will level up at level 3000, which won't take much time, and there's always a hope to get a new upgrade in my skill, like that aim-assist upgrade I got after it the skill crossed level 5. 

I sighed and looked at Rina, she was much more delighted than I was. Of course, she would be, her skill level ups after crossing every hundred levels, and her psychokinesis must be at level 30 right now... which means 841 KN force is under her command now. She's literally a mountain beaker, now. 

I needed some alone time to sort out my mind. Too much had happened today, the boss monster, Bron's death, that petrified Apostle, stuff about Rina and... about myself, those memories that flowed in my mind... But being alone in this dungeon would be akin to asking for it, besides, it would worry Rina and maybe others. 

I told them I wanted to sleep and asked them to maintain as quiet as possible. 

I made Rina sit, and put my head on her smooth thighs, after that, I closed my eyes and got lost in my thoughts. 

They were comfortable.

"What is it, Ren?" Rina asked worriedly, as she wiped the tears that flowed from my eyes to my ears with her palm. 

"I miss them..." I exhaled and got up. 

It took me about an hour and a half, but I sorted the web of worries and memories. 

I knew what to think about myself.

And what to summon with the two empty slots.

A beast that could venture into the not-too-wide paths of the dungeon with ease. A beast that's the fastest in this world. A beast whose durability surpasses even that of steel.  

The deadliest terrestrial beast exists in this world, the Greater Rynyx. Abbreviated G.R. 

There is no way the "Insufficient Int stat" would dare to block me again, my level is leaps and bound ahead for it to even pop up now.

Thanks for reading!

 

10