CH 1: Ordinary Day in an Unordinary World
1.6k 9 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Check out the glossary! 
ORDINARY DAY IN AN UNORDINARY WORLD:

[Mayahel Kingdom- Divine Golden Palace]

A few men entered her chamber. She seemed busy with some paperwork, so the men admired her presence as they waited for her to finish. With blond hair and azure eyes, donned in an emerald dress that contrasted with the room, she seemed quite otherworldly. Well, she was a Goddess, so, why wouldn't she look as such.

When she finally noticed them, she paused her work to hear them out. She put down the feather pen and looked towards them with an angelic smile that could even melt the hearts of boulders, but the men saluted her with dignity. The man in the middle stepped forward.  

He was Aslan Von Helesthede, the Leader of the "Twelve Apostles of Helastia". He is a tall handsome man with exceptional silver-colored armor with a red cross symbol always enveloping his muscular physique. 

 

"Goddess Helastia," He bowed again, "The astrologers have deduced from the alignment of the stars that, next year might be the year of the awakening of the Catastrophe. And in a few months, his main subordinates will awake too. As you already are aware, this time again the duty of guiding and nurturing the Champions has fallen upon you, the King was requesting for you to perform the ritual for the Champions , as soon as possible."

The goddess tilted her head and spoke, "My~... it is that time already, huh...I nearly forgot that this time again it was my turn to guide them," she closed her eyes, tiredly, "Ahh...so much to do...but the benefit is worth it ...*sigh* ...hmmm..." 

Crossing her arms, she pondered. Making various expressions that looked quite amusing to the men behind Aslan, they were smitten, once again. 

"Aslan! I am giving you the task of setting up everything. You know what you have to prepare, right? I hope you haven't forgotten about it, it has been 700 years since the last time it was our turn, hasn't it? Hmm...you have got... twenty......five days to finish this task." saying so, the goddess beamed with her usual angelic smile.

Aslan's tasks included finding the Champions scattered across the world and also... the traitors.

"Understood, Goddess Helastia....... But I will require the aid of four apostles other than myself to see those tasks through in such a short amount of time. Therefore, I ask you to call Elix, Kane, and Eugene back from the various countries they are posted in, to oversee the 'development' of those countries." Replied Aslan in his usual indifferent tone.

The goddess closed her eyes and frowned a bit to contemplate. This would stockpile even more work for her but the issue of Champions took priority, so she reluctantly decided to call the apostles back to her nation. As they would be present during the ceremony, anyway. 

A few weeks earlier won't be that much of an issue.

"Fine... I will call them back," she said, "but no mistakes are allowed okay!" added the goddess with a smile that didn't reach her eyes. 

Her entire visage changed as if the previous airhead-yet-elegant-goddess attitude was just an illusion, with that smile and aura she seemed even more intimidating. 

That intimidation truly suited her title, "Helastia - the Goddess of War and Light", which only a few individuals in the entire world were aware of, including Aslan and her other apostles. 

Her original personality is something that is better not awakened, that is something the other Goddesses are very mindful of. Why had she changed her personality? Why had she locked her original personality? Aslan often wondered. 

"Yes, I, Aslan Von Helasthede, the first Apostle of the twelfth, will see for it myself that everything is prepared perfectly this time." He declared with a calm look on his face reflecting his confidence in himself but the cold sweat could be spotted on the forehead of all the other men standing before the goddess.

"Oh, and also prepare that stone which produces that dense foggy smoke." Her usual tone returned.

Aslan just sighed. 

"Do you mean the 'solid fog stone' recently invented by Goddess Hephaestus? It is still in the research phase and is a confidential item. But since your relations with Goddess Hepasteus are just fine, I shall request her apostles to provide us with some of those, right away." after a brief pause, he asked, "Goddess Helastia, about the Trait--"

"They will be dealt with... as always," the goddess beamed an innocent smile but the slightly darkened expression wasn't missed by Aslan, "All of you can leave."  

"Umm..." The man on his left nudged Aslan to remind him of something. Aslan immediately realized what he was trying to remind him of and glared at him for not reminding him sooner, the Goddess had already told them to leave, fuck him!

Aslan sucks his frustration inside. And looks at the Goddess, asking permission to continue. Goddess tilted her eyebrows, she's amused.

"Is there something else you wanted to tell me about~?" The Goddess tilts her head, rather cutely.

"The stocks of Stats-Sheets are nearly exhausted. So, we need to purchase more from the Goddess Hepasteus."

"What? They're already exhausted? I thought we had plenty."

"Uh... Actually, they got accidentally burned a century ago. But you have already executed the maid and her whole lineage, she burned them with other garbage that foolish maid."

"Yeah? I didn't know that they were kept in a place where an ordinary kitchen maid could access them." Goddess pressed him further.

"That... was my fault. I left it near the kitchen in a hurry when I was tallying our stocks." Aslan said with his usual indifferent face, but a hint of guilt was present in his voice.

The Goddess sighed, and then Aslan sighed.

"Fine, request Hepasteus for them too. I can buy them at the price of a few mines or cities... they are expensive..., take better care of them this time."

"Yes, right away." 

They bowed and left. 

The Goddess is now alone in her chamber. She looked at the door, locked it, and lay on the sofa beside her desk after taking out a slim contraption from the cupboard.

She opens the lid of this contraption which has a glass surface on the upper lid and several buttons on the lower one. This contraption is called a "LAPTOP". 

She typed something on the laptop, her fingers moved in a blur around the keyboard. Seems like she forgot something, as she stood up with a grunt and dashed to the cupboard once again to get it. She took out a piece of equipment known as a "Headphone", and a few snacks? 

After that she touched the wall and willed something, the golden circular patterns on the wall began glowing, this would activate the silencing-wards. 

The Goddess nodded her head in satisfaction and then sat on the sofa once again. She adjusted the "headphone" on her head and gazed at the glowing screen of the "laptop" which now has some people moving on it. 

She was watching - a movie. 

Procrastinating during work.

"Iit was soooo~ goood~" She stared at the ceiling in a daze, probably feeling the emptiness after finishing something good.

"I just hope that this time those Champions are mostly from my own domain. Those from others are more devoted to their own Goddesses. If they're from my country then they'd do anything I say in a beat. Fufu" She chuckled to herself. Noticing the stack of paper on the desk reminded her of the leftover work that she had skipped earlier to watch the movie. The Goddess sighed and got up to sit on her luxurious chair and resumed her work.

 

.

.

.

 < POV: Jack Anderson >

In my room, lying on my bed. 

I, Jack Anderson, am trying to sleep for another five minutes after snoozing my alarm for school but the abrupt banging on the door shook me awake. It was my mom giving me my final warning. 

'I don't know what will happen if I don't get ready within the next ten minutes', thinking so, I dragged myself while rubbing my eyes to the bathroom to do my morning rituals. After coming out of the bathroom and dressing myself up, I checked the remaining time that I have left for school. 

There was still plenty of time left. Feeling a bit relieved, I took another look at my face. 

Everything about me is 'normal', except for the fact that sometimes I have weird dreams, not the sexual kind, just strange. Sometimes I feel like I'm not from this world... 

This world is also quite lively.

There are Goddesses, superhumans, etc, etc. The people of this world awaken their skill between the age group of 9-11. Magic exists here too, but to use it a good level of compatibility is required, which I don't have. 

I can't even use fire magic, which should be compatible with most humans. But at least I have a Skill. 

Well, at least the Priest said I do. Though he couldn't figure out the nature of my skill, he still handed me the - Skill Possessing Individual Certificate.

I was ten at that time, the standard awakening age, but even after seven years since then, pouring a bit of mana to use some appliances is all the supernatural stuff I could do, which is nothing extraordinary in this world, even people without skills can pour mana. 

At that time, I expected some cool skill like superstrength or superspeed... but since I couldn't use my skill no matter what I did.

Anyway, life here in this world is quite amusing... sigh... at least the news is. 

Well, the live broadcast of actual superheroes and supervillains fighting each other or even monsters is quite interesting, to say the least. 

Also, we don't call the good guys.

They are called Guardians, and bad guys are called Sinners. Guardians punish the Sinners according to the Law of the Goddesses, they're different for each country.

I have witnessed quite a few fights between Guardians and Sinners in person too. 

'Hmm....'

 I checked my appearance once again, Black eyes, dark hair, a nice average face and a height of 5'8''. I'm wearing a black blazer with white borders and grey pants. Blue tie and White shirt with school's emblem.  

I still needed to go to school so, to save time, I dashed towards the kitchen to get my breakfast.

"Ah! you're here, done with your study for the test today? By the way, how were your previous test results?", asked a waste of spac- *Ahem* my respected Father, with a smirk on his face.

'I know that face... he knows..this man knows.. he freaking snooped around my room to check my previous scorecard!!... and now he's setting me up for a beating.... aargh!!!!... I will get bacckhh at you with all my might just you wait, old man!!' 

I glanced toward Mom to see if she was interested in this business or not.

"Meh... who cares for a regular class test, I will study seriously for only midterm and finals, ... but don't worry I will still pass it as I have done the minimum preparation for it, so I will pass it just like the previous tests," I replied with a smirk too, trying to show my confidence.

'Okay, now she knows that I at least passed my previous tests! And she doesn't seem to be interested in the just pass scores yet. Phewww.'

My father is a bad guy, he does these ridiculous things to get me to get me whacked by Mom. My Mom, however, doesn't care much about our stupid banter. She's kind and lovely most of the time, no doubt about that but if you do something to get on her nerves--- sigh...

The reason I didn't score much on that test was obviously, I didn't study. I mean it was a foreign language exam, even this world's history is more interesting than that! Seriously, the history of this world as interesting as mathematics and CS, it has become one of my interests. Due to my interests, I have also decided to pursue a carrier related to AI.

Yeah, I definitely don't want to become a Guardian. To begin with, I don't know the first thing about my skill. In addition to that, that profession is freaking dangerous!  

"That's good and all, but you should hurry and finish your breakfast as you don't wanna get late for school now, do you?" spoke my elder brother, Ray, who was silently munching on his bread omelette. 

'Oh, I didn't see that he's here too.'

He had his bedhead on, this guy.... seriously? He didn't woke much before than I did, and he had his job too. But look at him giving me advice, looking at him more closely, just to be sure, I squinted. "Hey, did you even brush your teeth today?" 

He waved at me and replied with eyes half closed, "Nah, don't have time for small stuff, and besides, sometimes it's okay to let go of one thing to grab another," grabbing the spoon, he took another bite of the omelette. He added while still chewing, "Now thank dhis gread me for da gread advice I have besdowed upon yo- " *smack* 

"Hehe..."

"khu khu"

He earned a smack from Mom. Dad and I started snickering while he rubbed the back of his head but, Mom glared at us, so we stopped.

"Ron, you shouldn't do bad things and be proud of it, and most of all stop spreading your "teachings", or I will complain to your boss." 

"Mom, it's my boss, not my teacher." He shrugged.

"Ron, you are an adult now, you should learn how to act like one and you too, and Jack, don't pick any bad habits from your brother," chastised Dad while making or trying to make a serious face.

We nodded our heads while holding our laughter, to follow up on his 'serious dad' charade.

Mom just shook her head in resignation as she had tried to discipline her elder son multiple times but failed. Well, habits die hard. Still, I don't think it is that bad to not brush once in a while, it's not as if the teeth will decay in a day. 

'No, wait, isn't he already influencing me? Shit!'

After finishing my breakfast, I left for school. Mom tried to pack a lunch but I stopped her as today I have decided from the cafeteria.

I thought it was going to be the same tiresome day at school. But never in my whole lives, I was this wrong.

Thanks for reading!

33